Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrading to NAV from stock Sony Sync radio and adding stock back-up camera.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Have you contacted them? The last time I did they said they were not going to do this for our cars:(

I am sorry for being so negative as that is not my normal way of being.

I have called every manf of products that could support us, for now we can only spend a grand sum for a back up camera solution as one here has done.

OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I sent them an email and the link was in his response. I would call to confirm first but I did tell him it is a 2015 Ford Fiesta ST. Maybe I should have said not a Focus ST.

I will call my dealer tmrw, our family has bought numerous cars from them and they are very intelligent about these cars. I will get a straight answer about the SD Nav card thing. I just wanted to see if anyone unearthed something new.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It is in another module, not the SD card form what I was told but I forget what it is called right now.

They can do it, just need put somebody on it for an hour or two and make it happen.

Thanks for your efforts on this, if you get them to do it we will all you a great deal.

Rick

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
All it would really take it F*** to take their head out of their A** and make this work
The dealer has no control over this.
Yes, they are done AT the dealer however they are done by link direct to FoMoCo.
These things are set to " As Built" and controlled by VIN.

Even if you took the system out of one car and installed it in another.
You would need the VIN of the original car to get the updates via computer (for NAV & SYNC only).
Even then you may not be able to log into the original VIN's account (without the original owner's help).

Sense these things are not a dealer installed option, the dealer can not help us.
Therefore we must rely on the aftermarket.

I installed the Nay-TV backup camera and it works, because the Fiesta has the backup camera in the system.
It just does not have the hardware and is not turned on unless you have a Titanium.

When researching, LockPic told me that Fiesta did not have AV inputs and therefore did not work.
That is why the Fiesta is not listed on their site.
However this was some time ago and things may have changed.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Not the dealer, FORD, the company, it is just dumb they did not include a camera or at least option for it or fix the issue which is EASY to at least turn on the feature then if we had to at least one of us could figure the rest out.

Sorry for the rant, just very frustrated over something so easy for them to fix.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It is always a matter of money.
The most car for the least amount of money.

Don't worry, all US cars get backup cameras in 2017.

Dave

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
It is always a matter of money.
The most car for the least amount of money.
Dave
I agree with you. The issue that I think is rubbing some of us is that with a different trim level the reverse camera is included. Having it as a dealer or aftermarket option would have been a nice idea and possibly another revenue stream but it is not the case. If it was not available at all trim levels I would not mind as much.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Yes, only the Titanium gets it.
I think they wanted to keep the FiST as an entry level car.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It would of cost basically penny's to of had it as an option, at least dealer installed or DIY installed, just setup the car to accept it when it was built, that is what is frustrating as so simple and cheap to have done and then not to do anything about it.

All cars having cameras in 2017 does nothing for us with earlier cars:(

UNLESS, we could buy the parts to make it work on our car then, not holding my breath.

Called the dealer, adding Nav to a 2015 Fist can't be done. Sounds so dumb to me considering everything is there to have it work! the dealer even told me that..

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It wouldn't have made any difference.
No matter what car is purchased we always want something more.

Dave

That is always true. Hit the nail on the head D1JL.

Like I love my Boss 302, but why have the standard sound system or no glass roof? oh well lol

Valerio

I have a simple quest... my radio is the basic with screen 2 lines

I buy a Sony panel, arrive in few days... i would like to know if with my CD box and screen, works fine? Or i need change something more?
Thanks

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is simply not true. My 2017 FiST has no camera.

At the time of the original post the statement was true.

However, the Federal Government postponed the order until 2018.

At lease that is what was said the last time I checked.

At this point, only time will tell, anything can change.

Dave

OP
CarGuy

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
At the time of the original post the statement was true.

However, the Federal Government postponed the order until 2018.

At lease that is what was said the last time I checked.

At this point, only time will tell, anything can change.

Dave
You are correct. When it first was put into effect the effective date for all US vehicles was 2017. I read recently that it was postponed another year until 2018 now. So who knows if that will even be accurate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk