Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Scion FR-S vs. Ford Fiesta ST

coke

LILIKE16ST

I would love to have a gt350 r and a focus RS basically the entire ford performance lineup go ahead and throw the raptor in there too for good measure. I want the 2017 with the v6 ecoboost. Very nice vehicles ford has now it's unfortunate the Fiesta st is going to be gone. Maybe even the focus at some point. It's a real shame. The middle of this decade will be known as one of the best eras ever for great cars...the whole decade as a whole really. The Camaro came back challanger and charger improved through the years the stang got the coyote and voodoo engine that are and will always be legendary. And then at one point ford by itself had 3 of the best hot hatches there is all in their lineup. Very very nice decade for cars in particular American cars but all cars in general.

The one thing that I had to learn the hard way afterward that no one talks about is that this car really isn't a "fanboy" car whatsoever. What this mean is that no matter how good it is in the reviews, no one's really talking about it nor does anyone care. If you can find a local group, consider yourself very lucky.

While the BRZ/FRS has weekly/monthly meets, spontaneous last minute meets, and their huge annual Aug 6 (8/6) meetups, it's like pulling teeth just to get anything more than a 5 car FiST meet up in my area, and that's if you give 3 week notice to see if people maybe feel like coming out. No one's excited about it. Seeing one in the wild is rarer than spotting a Ferrari on the road. Something about that seems wrong, lol.

Just a complete different culture. I met a few owners at a local autocross. Seems like most FiST owners are just happy doing their own thing and enjoying the car, but no car club necessary. (Oh, and in that same autocross, the 20+ BRZ/FRS that showed up decided to all line up in the parking lot and take a photo, just because.)
Well I'm no fan of clubs or meet ups so never really cared to meet people. I just like to drive my ST and Bronco for myself.

Waterfan

I like running under the radar in general. A plain white hatchback is almost invisible to everyone around here (only silver would be more invisible)

It's also that much more satisfying to surprise Porsches, Subbies, M-cars, Ferraris, etc. in the canyons when they can't do anything to shake you in the twisties. Straights are a different story obviously.

I like running under the radar in general. A plain white hatchback is almost invisible to everyone around here (only silver would be more invisible)

It's also that much more satisfying to surprise Porsches, Subbies, M-cars, Ferraris, etc. in the canyons when they can't do anything to shake you in the twisties. Straights are a different story obviously.
Straights you can fix with a relatively inexpensive turbo swap.