Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I try not to drive my ST if the weather is bad because of the damn salt! I know it's going to eat away at this amazing car. Mandatory snow tires for everyone 😂
Yes, those in the more tropical/desert climes on here just have no clue whatsoever about what we must put up with due to the state/local DOTs dumping trillions of tons of that shit on the roads in order to cater to the lowest automotive tire 'common denominators' out there. [mad] [mad]

Business6

Changing my headlights after three years and JFC I cannot express my hatred for the way the headlights are secured. Specifically the bottom plastic pieces that scuff the shit out of my bumper. Just goddamn stupid. Sometimes it'll slide in perfectly and others it takes a half hour. Ok.

If these parts are under the bumper then the tab is too far back. Like who the hell designed this shit? IMG_20210205_130420550_HDR.jpg

Yes, those in the more tropical/desert climes on here just have no clue whatsoever about what we must put up with due to the state/local DOTs dumping trillions of tons of that shit on the roads in order to cater to the lowest automotive tire 'common denominators' out there. [mad] [mad]
I'm in San Antonio, where the weather is pretty hot 10 months out of the year, and it rarely ices over. I feel sorry for you Northerners and salt on the roads.😬

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Haven't put it all on yet. Not till the salt is gone.
With a black car you probably won't notice it but those turn signals are trash.
I put them on my car and the fitment is not good. I'm also very anal and the gap was driving me insane they had to go.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Changing my headlights after three years and JFC I cannot express my hatred for the way the headlights are secured. Specifically the bottom plastic pieces that scuff the shit out of my bumper. Just goddamn stupid. Sometimes it'll slide in perfectly and others it takes a half hour. Ok.

If these parts are under the bumper then the tab is too far back. Like who the hell designed this shit?
Replacement clips were in my post from here...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...lights-and-euro-tail-lights.18480/post-327652
There's sort of a trick to mounting them. Once you do it a few times it gets easy. But yeah I broke a clip the first time around. Try replacing that broken clip and/or making sure that the lamp's anchor is seated in that clip. Greasing down the clip can help you get the lamp in/out, without a lot of force. (Salt)water also tends to sit beneath that clip without evaporating so I covered that whole area with heavy grease.

It's been awhile since I've done it so some details may be missing or incorrect. Preposition that clip as far back as it'll go. Angle the front of the headlamp so the front will tuck into the bumper as it's supposed to... WHILE angling the "anchor" so that it's aligned with that clip. Keep checking on alignment with that clip as you then make sure that the back tab will clear and hook in. What I don't recall is, whether you seat the anchor into the clip first, or make sure that the back tab by the windshield will seat first, or whether they're supposed to both seat at the same time. But like I said, once you do it a few times, it's easy.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
With a black car you probably won't notice it but those turn signals are trash.
I put them on my car and the fitment is not good. I'm also very anal and the gap was driving me insane they had to go.

Yes, the aftermarket rear turn signals leave *much* to be desired. Just three little (and I mean "little") LED lights that are even less visible at anything but a straight-on angle. I'm always good about turn-sigs anyway** but with people following at speed I make sure to turn them on extra early. No complaints about fitment though. The edges are translucent; may exaggerate perception in terms of gap line. Besides, I never got around to undoing what the Ford dealer did to my hatch. (see "water intrusion" thread)

**(despite getting a few petty tickets because I still don't use them with there's no body around to signal for... goes along with the petty no front plate tickets... and still don't have one of those either...)

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yes, the aftermarket rear turn signals leave *much* to be desired. Just three little (and I mean "little") LED lights that are even less visible at anything but a straight-on angle. I'm always good about turn-sigs anyway** but with people following at speed I make sure to turn them on extra early because of rear . No complaints about fitment though. The edges are translucent; may exaggerate perception in terms of gap line. Besides, I never got around to undoing what the Ford dealer did to my hatch. (see "water intrusion" thread)

**(despite getting a few petty tickets because I still don't use them with there's no body around to signal for... goes along with the petty no front plate tickets... and still don't have one that either...)
Was not talking about the rear tail lights. I was talking about the turn signals that go in the side view mirrors they were also in his picture.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Was not talking about the rear tail lights. I was talking about the turn signals that go in the side view mirrors they were also in his picture.

Didn't even bother to identify what those were... just looked like some sort of trim piece. Poor fitment and visibility? Visibility is why I avoid lights with smoked/tinted lenses in general.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Didn't even bother to identify what those were... just looked like some sort of trim piece. Poor fitment and visibility? Visibility is why I avoid lights with smoked/tinted lenses in general.
They actually light up pretty good. I was happy with the light it looked kind of cool. Just poor fitment but a black car you really won't notice it, but my car is not black.

Erick_V

They actually light up pretty good. I was happy with the light it looked kind of cool. Just poor fitment but a black car you really won't notice it, but my car is not black.

I installed mine yesterday along with the LED license plate lights. I guess I got lucky with my set because the gap isn't that bad compared to what I've seen in other threads. It's still there for sure but my buddy didn't notice till I pointed it out. My mirror cap and all the tabs were practically welded together. I really thought I was going to break something. I guess all the Texas heat did a number on it lol

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I installed mine yesterday along with the LED license plate lights. I guess I got lucky with my set because the gap isn't that bad compared to what I've seen in other threads. It's still there for sure but my buddy didn't notice till I pointed it out. My mirror cap and all the tabs were practically welded together. I really thought I was going to break something. I guess all the Texas heat did a number on it lol
I would have liked it if it was not for the gap, but it really stood out on my car but I'm also crazy. I was disappointed but I ordered it directly from China for $20. He is making a nice markup on those for the convenience. I thought I was going to break my car also. Made me super nervous probably why I was so pissed afterwards, because I didn't even get any benefit out of it.

I do want to get those LED license plate lights you should post a picture.

Erick_V

I would have liked it if it was not for the gap, but it really stood out on my car but I'm also crazy. I was disappointed but I ordered it directly from China for $20. He is making a nice markup on those for the convenience.

I do want to get those LED license plate lights you should post a picture.

I had the same thought. I figured if the fitment was that bad it was cheap enough where I could just throw them in the bin and not look back

pixelzombie

I try not to drive my ST if the weather is bad because of the damn salt! I know it's going to eat away at this amazing car. Mandatory snow tires for everyone 😂
Mine are sitting in the garage so far. I was too spoiled by the all season tires to put them on and spring is just 6 weeks away hopefully.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I think im gonna set an appointment for an alignment. Dunno why other than the car seems wmreally darty and unstable since the deer. Could be partly why i went into the ditch.

I installed those LED mirror turn signals and they fit great and are highly visible. I have a white fiesta. Gap is minimal. Now the gap on those aftermarket tail lights is pretty damn bad but so is the stock bumper fitment from factory. I am pretty particular myself, but I guess I tend to forget about things (fitment) eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk