Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

haste

1000 Post Club
That's what I got this morning when it was 34 degrees out. I got some ramps and I'll be checking all the boost hoses myself. There has to be a leak somewhere. Most likely at the intercooler. That's the only thing I changed.
Is your boost pressure lower than before?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I actually got this off of Etsy from a guy that i think is a FoST owner. 3Dautomotive is the name in case anyone is interested.

The grille detail on the pillar mount caught my attention and theres also a big ST logo on the other side of it./
The holder is also magnetic to the AP
OK, I somehow thought that Sir Thomas was the only one doing printed AP mounts to fit our rides.

Took it for a good drive today to phillip island, Victoria australia.. drives amazing now. Feels like it's on rails again. Rear end grips like it use to. Definitely recommend the Powerflex bushes! Hit 100,000km and feels strong, engine really happy, next week another 5000km oil change. Never ends!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
No. It's still doing around 25.
I should add that it spools slower than normal, and making strange noise at high RPM.
I got some ramps and tried to get at it myself, but no dice. I can't get under there. Taking it back Monday.
1615656590070.png
Here's the deal, Ally McBeal: You can see that the base of the end pipes isn't perfectly flat like the stock plastic piece. They are flared. If you shove the hose all the way to the end, it's not going to make a good seal. You have to back them off just a little to get a solid bite on the pipe. This is most likely the case with other aftermarket intercoolers, too.
Stock:
1615657016824.png

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Took it for a good drive today to phillip island, Victoria australia.. drives amazing now. Feels like it's on rails again. Rear end grips like it use to. Definitely recommend the Powerflex bushes! Hit 100,000km and feels strong, engine really happy, next week another 5000km oil change. Never ends!

Nice! How much work was it to install the bushings?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I should add that it spools slower than normal, and making strange noise at high RPM.
I got some ramps and tried to get at it myself, but no dice. I can't get under there. Taking it back Monday.
View attachment 38865
Here's the deal, Ally McBeal: You can see that the base of the end pipes isn't perfectly flat like the stock plastic piece. They are flared. If you shove the hose all the way to the end, it's not going to make a good seal. You have to back them off just a little to get a solid bite on the pipe. This is most likely the case with other aftermarket intercoolers, too.
Stock:
View attachment 38866
Did you do the hair spray trick as well?

That could give just enough 'tackiness' for the hoses to get a good 'bite' on the IC pipes. [wink]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you do the hair spray trick as well?

That could give just enough 'tackiness' for the hoses to get a good 'bite' on the IC pipes. [wink]
No. I can't even get to them, even on ramps. It's going back to the shop. They're going to listen to me, this time.

^^^HA, I never realized that Sir Thomas put those little boosted slimers on his AP holders! NICE touch! [coolsmile] [thumb]

I installed the aluminum alloy Thermal R&D mid brace 'skid plate'
I was able to do this with the car fully on the ground, with no jacks/jack stands involved so as not to attract the attention of the elitist, complaining neighbors, nor the Gestapo HOA 'agents' cruising the development every day. [wink] LOL

I also took advantage of the 70*F weather, and got all of the dried salt soup off of the car/Dekas, and then Collinte 845ed it. [:)]
Of course, it is going to rain in a couple of hours. [:(]
Where did you get that skid plate? I emailed thermal and they told me you can only get it with the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until I read your post I was baffled how you were doing 110 mph at only 2500 rpm.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Where did you get that skid plate? I emailed thermal and they told me you can only get it with the exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cannot find who I spoke to in sales/customer service (lost the packing slip and deleted all of the emails already).
So I just told the rep who picked up that I bought their system from one of their vendors, and lost the plate along a gravel road somewhere where I could not even hear it coming loose and banging around under the car due to all of the rock/gravel racket. (LOL).

They were also kind of receptive, since I complained vociferously that they never returned ANY of my emails or calls to them when they would never, ever pick up the phone at all, the very many times over the past two years I called asking about buying this item. [wink]

(I even told the rep that I am SHOCKED that he even picked up when I called to ask about ordering this plate.)

IF that much closer fitting Summit/SWAVE tunnel brace was not so damned much coin, I would get that one, and sell you this one for very little over what it costs to ship it to you, since it does hang down a bunch further than I realized it did, and I now wonder if it will bang into every rock/'baby's head' I drive over on gravel stage rally roads.

Last edited:
Nice! How much work was it to install the bushings?
I just watched videos on youtube, I copied them and just drilled rubber out till I could get the centre sleeve out then used an air saw to cut through the plastic outer lining and that lets it come out, sand paper the inner boar and slide the new bush in dry, fits snug. Then grease the sleeve and slide it in and tap it flush and lots of grease on the bolts and done. I never unbolted the shocks, I put car on hoist, took rear wheels off, put the jack under the rear beam. You gotta remove 3 bolts on the side that has the fuel tank because the bolt can't slide all the way out. Don't lower the rear beam too low or it will tug on the brake and abs lines.. I unbolted my brake lines and unconnected the abs line mounts to lower it more. Also unbolt the hand brake cable mounts. I did it in 1 hour and 20 mins.

Last edited: