Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

^^Did you get them shipped mounted and balanced from Tire Rack?
I actually bought them off of a guy who did the other week but ended up trading in his fist. I couldn’t pass up on them since I’ve wanted to make the move to 15’s for awhile. My 16’s with RT660’s are being sold today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove up I25 last Thursday and managed to destroy my front bumper. There was snow/ice chunks in the road that I couldn’t swerve to avoid. View attachment 39054
Our bumpers are expensive. I also need a new bumper. I was contemplating buying the maxton design rs look front bumper for the fiesta because it's actually cheaper.

I was busy this weekend. Christmas came early and I bought new lugs (Gorilla spline lugs in black), a dash cam, a rear motor mount, and an accessport from user adolfom428 here on the forums. Haven't installed the RMM yet, waiting on my short shift kit and weighted shift knob to get here and I'll knock all that out in one go while I'm under the car anyways.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Once Ford finally pulls the plug on his sponsorships as well (like they did to Block), since there will be no more cars for him to help promote/sell in THIS country (what, is he gonna drift a Mach-E, Explorer ST, or an electric F-150?!? LOFL), it would be cool if he also jumps into the domestic rally 'ring'. [wink]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^Once Ford finally pulls the plug on his sponsorships as well (like they did to Block), since there will be no more cars for him to help promote/sell in THIS country (what, is he gonna drift a Mach-E, Explorer ST, or an electric F-150?!? LOFL), it would be cool if he also jumps into the domestic rally 'ring'. [wink]
The Funny thing is....it would most likely be a Mach-e that he would drift with.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Changed spark plugs as the car was coming up to 60k miles. Aside from a dab of oil on the thread for the two of them, they were... really clean; gaps were fine too, although I can see where the tip deformed a bit and now has a barely visible hat. Seeing how coils are bolted down to the outer cover, there was a surprising amount of crap around the plugs (complete with a gnat wedged between the top of the tread and the wall? how??) so compressed air was definitely necessary.

PhoenixM3

Our bumpers are expensive. I also need a new bumper. I was contemplating buying the maxton design rs look front bumper for the fiesta because it's actually cheaper.
Will it fit like stock? I like the look of them, but didn’t consider it when I placed my order. Stock front was $670. I found one at Tasca for $450, but that didn’t include $300 for shipping.

Installed LED bulbs into the over head domes and the glove box.

The rear dome light is a bit of a bitch. Remember that there are three lights back there! I almost forgot to change the middle 3rd bulb.

Loving all the extra light in the cabin :thumbup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

felopr

not really today, but yesterday
finally started to tackle my p0017 code, Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (exhaust)
I have previously checked the most common stuff before like sensors and, cables, solenoid, etc with no success
My suspicion is that it jumped a tooth on the exhaust cam
to really check if it jumped a tooth and to put it on time I have to take the valve cover off, so that is what I did first
for those that don't know, to take the valve cover off, you have to take off the fuel rail, HPFP, vacuum pump, spark plug coils, spark plug coil support, and all the cables that are around that area
After I removed all that, I checked the end of the camshafts to check if it was on time
I don't really need the timing tools yet, I just have to physically check if the camshaft was aligned to one another to check if it was on time or not.
to check, both "line-like aperture" on the end of the camshaft has to align with one another. As mas suspicion was inclining, it was out of time, the exhaust cam was a slightly out of sync with the intake
the picture is for reference, not my car
1616671149418.png
I did start tearing apart the side to access the belt
when I took the belt cover off, I saw some belt like string around the area, and the tensioner
The timing belt looks intact, so the only thing that comes to mind was the serpentine belt that broke in half last year
I don't know-how part of that belt came inside the timing belt area because that area is sealed but it did
my theory is that, part of that broken belt came between the tensioner and the timing belt and made the belt slip
i will be finishing today, since i didn't have time yesterday

felopr

^^^How many miles on it when that serpentine belt decided to give up the ghost?
60k give or take
one thing that was curious was that the water pump pulley cover, whatever its called, has a really bad gash-like groove line
I guess my theory is that a piece of rock got between the belt and that pulley cover and cut the belt thru the middle
other than that, I don't know
I installed a new pulley cover
1616698741247.png

felopr

not really today, but yesterday
finally started to tackle my p0017 code, Crankshaft Position - Camshaft Position Correlation (exhaust)
I have previously checked the most common stuff before like sensors and, cables, solenoid, etc with no success
My suspicion is that it jumped a tooth on the exhaust cam
to really check if it jumped a tooth and to put it on time I have to take the valve cover off, so that is what I did first
for those that don't know, to take the valve cover off, you have to take off the fuel rail, HPFP, vacuum pump, spark plug coils, spark plug coil support, and all the cables that are around that area
After I removed all that, I checked the end of the camshafts to check if it was on time
I don't really need the timing tools yet, I just have to physically check if the camshaft was aligned to one another to check if it was on time or not.
to check, both "line-like aperture" on the end of the camshaft has to align with one another. As mas suspicion was inclining, it was out of time, the exhaust cam was a slightly out of sync with the intake
the picture is for reference, not my car
View attachment 39185
I did start tearing apart the side to access the belt
when I took the belt cover off, I saw some belt like string around the area, and the tensioner
The timing belt looks intact, so the only thing that comes to mind was the serpentine belt that broke in half last year
I don't know-how part of that belt came inside the timing belt area because that area is sealed but it did
my theory is that, part of that broken belt came between the tensioner and the timing belt and made the belt slip
i will be finishing today, since i didn't have time yesterday
For anyone wondering how it went, car is running great, 0 leaks and 0 cel after running the car for 2 days
did an oil change today, new spark plugs and used the new yellow coolant when i installed the water pump, now the car is just running like new
just thinking back in retrospect, doing a timing belt/tensioner/water pump change is not that hard
but since i had to remove the valve cover to timed the camshafts, the job escalated too quickly.
it took me more time to get the valve cover and the stuff that is in the way to time the camshaft than to reach the timing belt
here some photos that i took, not really a lot
1616797165488.png
1616797202901.png
1616797227197.png
the culprit
1616797249922.png

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Jettisoned a Sparco center cap at some point driving home from work (anybody selling spares?) and installed the Stubby Jr antenna
Tirerack.com sells them along with the small rectangular emblem.

I noticed they do not snap in tightly. I think I'll take mine out and bend the wire a little to tighten them up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk