Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Finally got the FiST back after 3.5 wks with the dealership. Dropped it off for a gear whine @65, a dead radio, and the door ajar light never staying off keeping me from locking the car [lockdance]. They rebuilt the trans (under warranty) because they couldn't figure out what was causing the noise, then found that it is a characteristic of the vehicle (probably the hypoid) and wouldn't go away. Won't complain because my FiST with 56k miles on it now has a new trans [thumb]. Radio turned out to just be a loose connection and the door ajar light was being caused by a faulty hood latch. Felt like the car was wobbly when I got it back so went to the tire shop for a rotation/balance. Discovered that I somehow managed to bend the INSIDE of the drivers front rim [:(!]. They also said my tires are cupping which could either be cause by cheaper tire compount (barum bravuris 3HM, so it could be the issue) or by a suspension issue causing excessive tire impacts. So may be time to go for a new summer setup since the winter may be about to end here in MI.

OH! I also installed my FSWerks short shift bracket. Love it, makes the throws noticeably shorter without making the car a bear shift [driving]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I did not even know we had a hood sensor/switch for this!

I'm wondering if you should try one of the GL-4 rated, 200D-2 Ford spec meeting, MTFs out there, instead of the factory DCTF in order to try and quell the ring and pinion noise. [dunno]

The dealer did not replace the r&p as part of the rebuild?

DangerMouse

Whiteline rear sway bar, easiest sway bar I've ever installed. Waiting for my intake to get back from powder coat, should have been done yesterday. Hopefully I don't have to wait until Monday to drive it. Gonna be nice this weekend finally.

Car has been apart since Monday night, mountune downpipe, revo rear mount. New oem front endlinks(long story don't ask).

Swapped evap lines to 2015 style, replaced a boost hose clamp. Soon as I can turn the car on, weathertech window visors.

Been a busy couple days.

^^^I did not even know we had a hood sensor/switch for this!

I'm wondering if you should try one of the GL-4 rated, 200D-2 Ford spec meeting, MTFs out there, instead of the factory DCTF in order to try and quell the ring and pinion noise. [dunno]

The dealer did not replace the r&p as part of the rebuild?
They did. I also drove a used 2015 they had on the lot and heard the same noise at the same speed, albeit quieter than mine had been. I don't consistently go 65 too often, so I'm not too bothered by it. If it bothers me again later I'll see if a better trans fluid helps.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Drove home from 10 min west of Yuma Arizona. Took San Diego s2 to 78 to 79. Beautiful drive! And faster than just freeway. Had to hold back many times in fear of a ticket. I'm not familiar with those roads. If they send me out there again that's the way ill go home.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Drove home from 10 min west of Yuma Arizona. Took San Diego s2 to 78 to 79. Beautiful drive! And faster than just freeway. Had to hold back many times in fear of a ticket. I'm not familiar with those roads. If they send me out there again that's the way ill go home.

Just by the pics, I would've guessed the Bakersfield area, but you're still in the general vicinity of there, sort of. LOL

That whole area reminds me of the song, "Heat Stroke" by The Dusty Chaps, a local western swing type band which had some popularity in Tucson around the time I was there attending the UofA (mid 1970s).

I STILL remember the line from that song, "It's a hundred and ten in Gila Bend, in Buckeye it's a hundred and two". ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The great very little known city of Menifee is my home. Worst thing about it is its in California lol

dmb

I have a friend that has a rental in sun city 55+... he calls it his Menifee house.... i always correct him, he hates it. Menifee is a nice place to live. and yes this is not the state i grew up in the 50's

Installed a CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather.

I went looking for this after I suspected my oil cap was venting when it probably shouldn't. Seal looked good and everything was screwed down tight, but I still had some oily residue around the cap that I noticed on the engine cover if I gave it a good drive. No actual oil anywhere, but something was pushing its way up through the cap and leaving enough that I could notice it. So, maybe the pressure in the CC was just too much and it really needs more room to vent?

This was affordable, super easy to install (my favorite install so far!), and looks pretty cool as well. Oh, and I received it in two days after ordering - thank you CFM.

20180421_182212.jpg

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Miss even the tiniest bit when refilling during an oil change and the wind later spreads it around during subsequent drives. That's likely what you were noticing. It wasn't that the cap was leaking, just that someone's aim is less than perfect. (thats what SHE said [confuse])

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Miss even the tiniest bit when refilling during an oil change and the wind later spreads it around during subsequent drives. That's likely what you were noticing. It wasn't that the cap was leaking, just that someone's aim is less than perfect. (thats what SHE said [confuse])
Done this. Makes me feel stupid lol never again without a funnel. It only takes a lil bit too.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Installed a CFM Baffled Billet Valve Cover Breather.

I went looking for this after I suspected my oil cap was venting when it probably shouldn't. Seal looked good and everything was screwed down tight, but I still had some oily residue around the cap that I noticed on the engine cover if I gave it a good drive. No actual oil anywhere, but something was pushing its way up through the cap and leaving enough that I could notice it. So, maybe the pressure in the CC was just too much and it really needs more room to vent?

This was affordable, super easy to install (my favorite install so far!), and looks pretty cool as well. Oh, and I received it in two days after ordering - thank you CFM.

View attachment 17548
This can happen (the oily residue) if your CC is too small or the supply and return hose ID size is too small. It simply can't handle the amount of crankcase blow-by and causes crankcase pressure to rise. Hose ID should at least match OEM (16mm or 5/8) that includes any fittings or check valves in the system. Most of the CCs I see look too small in volume to me but I am no auto engineer so just my option.

Hah, I would take this into consideration but I'm the one that did the last oil change and was very careful with my funneling.

But just to be sure, I also used shop towels and completely wiped the area around the cap a few times to see if it re-formed and it did (I re-seated the oil cap each time). So there was an ongoing problem.

This can happen (the oily residue) if your CC is too small or the supply and return hose ID size is too small. It simply can't handle the amount of crankcase blow-by and causes crankcase pressure to rise. Hose ID should at least match OEM (16mm or 5/8) that includes any fittings or check valves in the system. Most of the CCs I see look too small in volume to me but I am no auto engineer so just my option.
Yeah, I like your guess here. It makes sense. I did recently fit the OCC. The hoses certainly didn't seem smaller than the OEM one I removed. But, fittings and check valve may be the issue. And/or any extra pressure to get everything through the can/filter itself. Will keep an eye on things and hopefully allowing the CC to vent out this breather will be a good thing.

Finally got around to installing the RMM I got for Christmas. 70a AWR from Whoosh. Install wasn't too bad. Getting the rear bushing and bracket to line up enough to get the bolt started took some elbow grease. Haven't driven with it yet, but I'll say the vibrations are more noticable at idle and low rpm. Not as bad as my '05 ST after I deleted the balance shaft. Hopefully relaxes a bit with some mileage.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk