Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

I forgot to say - that is my brake fluid- taken from one of the rear calipers. At 62k. I change my gearbox oil every 20k.

#tuneupaAreBest?

I changed my transmission fluid. Thanks to all of the many threads on this topic. I ended up going with Motul 300.

After raising the front on jack-stands, started the process. That drain plug bolt was on tiiieeeegght. I had to use a breaker bar (after really setting the torx head in there to prevent stripping). After a good bit of effort and a few choice words, the damn thing came loose. I had it set so well that the bit stayed in when I removed my bar. Oh well, no worries. Just made a good handle for removing the plug.

In this picture, that is a 1/2 to 3/8 adapter so I could use my breaker bar and a T40 torx head. And I wedged a piece of cardboard across from the hole to deflect the deluge that was forthcoming.

It seems that the actual amount drained is a hot topic lately. I have a late 2016 build with the original fill and it came out to right at 2 quarts (1.9 liters).

Once it was drained, I put the drain plug back in and torqued to 30 lbs. I swear I read that spec somewhere, but couldn't find it when I went back to searching. But felt good-and-tight so hopefully all good there.

Next was filling up. I've been swapping intakes a bit lately so removing my airbox is only a two minute job. And thanks to the bottle of Motul with the funnel tips, I just filled up from above by maneuvering the bottle in a way that it could be above the fill hole while ensuring the tip was inserted all the way in (yes, sounds dirty [hah] but was actually quite clean! [bootyshake] ) I have a bottle pump, but feel like this was easier and less effort.

Here is the fill hole with my bit inserted to make it easy to see in the pic. This is looking straight down in the hole created by removing the airbox if standing on the driver side of the car.

Pic of the bottle being drained into the fill hole. This takes a little while, but good time to clean up around the garage.

To get close to the 1.9L taken out, I just didn't completely drain each of the 1L bottles of Motul. They each have some trace amounts left, so I think I'm right at 1.9L. Later this week I'll probably take out the airbox, remove the fill plug, and use the wire method of seeing how far below the fill plug I am.

Initial impressions are - smooooooth. Much less notchiness. Maybe a tad more effort, but with it being so smooth, it feels wonderful to shift. Gear changes are quiet and buttery. Loving it so far. Hoping it doesn't turn into molasses in the winter.

The FiST is the first car I've ever done my own oil and trans fluid changes on. Couldn't have done it without those who posted before!

Finally installed the Ultimate Racing 4" outlet (semi-) turn down tip, which I had black glacier Cerakoted, onto the end of my CP-E Nexus system.

Not sure I'm in love with the looks (it would probably look more 'in place' if I had full Mk.7, R5/WRC flares/bodywork on the car-LOL), but it IS 'unique' as not too many have this tip, even if they bought a whole Ultimate Racing system. ;)

It does change the tone/sound level slightly over the split from a single inlet (with a Y) pipe, CP-E twin tip (it is also single wall 304 vs. double wall for the CP-E twin tip, IF that could make any difference).
(I'm guessing that the y 'splits' the exiting sounds waves somewhat, since they come from a single 3" pipe before the tip? [dunno])

I cannot install this tip up into the valance cutout as far as I want to, because of the CP-E system's Helmholtz chamber 'can' being located directly above the top of the largest part of this tip. :(
please take a pic :)
I want to do this to mine.
how did you install it being from a split to single outlet?

Thanks

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
please take a pic :)
I want to do this to mine.
how did you install it being from a split to single outlet?

Thanks
Right now I don't have any way to take and post a pic (I will try to get my iPhone 10 wielding son to do so next time I visit him).

I had a very competent, somewhat local (Mufflex in Hamilton, N.J.) muffler shop, seam weld on a 3" diameter, ~2.5" long, 304 stainless extension to the Ultimate Racing tip's mounting pipe section (using STAINLESS 300 series wire of course), and then they 'rolled' the CP-E over the axle pipe matching ball flange type crimp into the end of that extension.
(Then I had a local place black glacier Cerakote the whole assembly before installation.)

The over the beam axle section of the CP-E Nexus system is a SINGLE pipe (NOT a twin pipe at that part) with a ball flange type crimp in the end of it where any CP-E tip installs. ;)

The CP-E twin tip is a SINGLE pipe lead-in to the 'y' split into twin exits (which you know If you already have a CP-E system you want to do this with).

Business6

Changed the cabin air filter

As you can see the stock filter did what it was supposed to do. A colossal effort matched only by the sheer audacity of some asshole at ford to create a service procedure that might allow me to finally put "expert contortionist" on my resume and finally join Cirque du Soleil.

As an aside, for how I had to jam it in there ([giggle]) I doubt it's filtering from corner to corner.

Business6

We have a cabin filter? How many miles are on that old one?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yup, it's basically under the glovebox. Here's a handy writeup and here's what I used.

I'm right at 37.8k miles on that stock filter. The amount of physical debris contained in the filter was impressive. After replacing it, whatever you do, make sure the floor vents are turned on and not the upper vents so as to avoid getting a bunch of residual crap left over or that loosened up being blown into your beautiful face.

Two things today:

1 - Wrapped my intake pipe with heat reflecting tape (from turbo inlet to the heat shield and around it). Yes - it is ugly. And yep, I'm aware that the air is rushing through and not sitting there being cooked. But, I figure it can't hurt and I've gone back to trying to use my open intake in the summer. On a normal 20 minute drive, my intake temp will get 10 above ambient and my charge about 5 if I'm going at least 30 mph. Soon I'll put the stock box back on and compare. But I'm just trying to keep the air as cool as possible going into the turbo since it gets compressed and heats up quite a bit before the IC does that best it can do.

2 - Received my new wheel caps. Found these on Ebay for about $17 and figured they would be a big improvement over the blue ovals. Wish I would have done this long ago. Only took a couple minutes to pop out the stock caps and pop these in.