Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Yes, the original hose clamp could have been re-used but it would have been more trouble than it was worth with the pliers I had. My pliers were barely wide enough to span the clamp ends and that's what made it tough.
There isn't much room between the radiator shroud to do this either as the hose clamp is tucked away down below the engine side inlet housing making it difficult to span open the plier jaws all the way over the clamp tabs, without pinching the handles in the said opening first. I had to make use of the long reach pliers I had stashed all the way in the back of my tool drawer to complete the job.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There isn't much room between the radiator shroud to do this either as the hose clamp is tucked away down below the engine side inlet housing making it difficult to span open the plier jaws all the way over the clamp tabs, without pinching the handles in the said opening first. I had to make use of the long reach pliers I had stashed all the way in the back of my tool drawer to complete the job.
Those 'remote' cable driven spring hose clamp pliers might also work for these situations, but they can be costly for something you might only use once or twice. [:(]

Zissou

Installed Mountune springs and HR camber bolts today. Need to get and alignment and some decent pictures, but really enjoyed a quick drive on them. I’m going to be very happy with these springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Screw you guys and your 2 door models. I wish we had that option over here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
While I like the four door, I wouldn't mind having their headlight options. Of course, this is a mod that is relatively easily handled. I think your mod will at the very least, require a welder. [wink]

So I guess it's Monday now, but over the weekend I put in my Euro Headlights and had my X37 installed. This week There should definitely be more to come as I get ready for tuning at the end of the week!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
After taking a long time off due to back issues, I finally got a few maintenance things done.

I replaced the front sway bar end links as they were making noise.
Additionally the end links were causing wheel hop.

I replaced my Steeda torque restrictor (RMM) although there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I thought the torque restrictor had failed and caused the wheel hop however, I was wrong and it was only the end links.

I also replaced the rear hatch handle as the vinyl wrap I installed almost 3 years ago had started to peal due to direct sun light exposer.
I originally wrapped this piece because I didn't want to loose the Molten Orange paint for possible later use.
This time I just bought a new handle and painted it.

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After taking a long time off due to back issues, I finally got a few maintenance things done.

I replaced the front sway bar end links as they were making noise.
Additionally the end links were causing wheel hop.

I replaced my Steeda torque restrictor (RMM) although there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I thought the torque restrictor had failed and caused the wheel hop however, I was wrong and it was only the end links.

I also replaced the rear hatch handle as the vinyl wrap I installed almost 3 years ago had started to peal due to direct sun light exposer.
I originally wrapped this piece because I didn't want to loose the Molten Orange paint for possible later use.
This time I just bought a new handle and painted it.

Dave

Did you go with the factory end links, or adjustable aftermarket ones (like the Whitelines, which I want to get in the future)?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Did you go with the factory end links, or adjustable aftermarket ones (like the Whitelines, which I want to get in the future)?
I was using an aftermarket set as I have on many of my past cars.
Unfortunately the aftermarket sets just don't last very long.
I am convinced that the aftermarket sets are better in strength and of course adjustability.
On a racecar they are great but on a daily driver they just go bad too soon.

Dave

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was using an aftermarket set as I have on many of my past cars.
Unfortunately the aftermarket sets just don't last very long.
I am convinced that the aftermarket sets are better in strength and of course adjustability.
On a racecar they are great but on a daily driver they just go bad too soon.

Dave
OK, thanks for the response, and I will have to reconsider my desire for the Whitelines. ;) [thumb]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
While I like the four door, I wouldn't mind having their headlight options. Of course, this is a mod that is relatively easily handled. I think your mod will at the very least, require a welder. [wink]
Oh I have a welder but thats waayyyy out of my league lol.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Zissou

Installed Mountune springs and HR camber bolts today. Need to get and alignment and some decent pictures, but really enjoyed a quick drive on them. I’m going to be very happy with these springs.

Pictures of the Mountune springs after doing the alignment. Running -1.5 degrees of camber. Can’t wait to take it out on some back roads after work.

Installed OEM rotors and mountune rs-r pads yesterday. Put the front pads on wrong, apparently there's an inner and outer pad that you can hardly tell the difference in. The only difference is the 2 extra dimples for the outer pads. Had the inners on the driver side and the outer on the passanger, brakes were super mushy. Pulled it back in, looked at the stock pads and saw those dimples on the outer pads. Put them where they belong and it brakes better than new now lol. Live and learn.

Ford Community Posts