Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Attempting the first oil change. I say attempting because the damn factory filter is deadlocked on there, band wrench did nothing but crush it some, just bought an endcap filter wrench and set jbweld in it hoping gluing it to it will keep from spinning, trying to avoid the screw driver last resort. Our 2017 Escape had the same problem, and my friends 2017 Mustang GT was so loose it was nearly puking oil. Really disappointed with my most recent Ford experiences at the moment as far as quality control goes. (oh and I work for Ford so I see assholes half ass things first hand).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Changed the oil....god dam FORD and there gorilla technique techs put the oil filter on with the strength of He-man...Cripes...utilized A liquimoly wear additive also...0w20 Mobil1 EXT oil and Mobil 1 long filter instead of the shorty.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Attempting the first oil change. I say attempting because the damn factory filter is deadlocked on there, band wrench did nothing but crush it some, just bought an endcap filter wrench and set jbweld in it hoping gluing it to it will keep from spinning, trying to avoid the screw driver last resort. Our 2017 Escape had the same problem, and my friends 2017 Mustang GT was so loose it was nearly puking oil. Really disappointed with my most recent Ford experiences at the moment as far as quality control goes. (oh and I work for Ford so I see assholes half ass things first hand).
Oil filter pliers will become your best friend. Band wrench and even the endcap socket are pains in the rear to use with how confined everything is by the oil filter.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
................... Really disappointed with my most recent Ford experiences at the moment as far as quality control goes. (oh and I work for Ford so I see assholes half ass things first hand).
With my vehicle, I've observed some quality control issues as well. Such issues can ruin first impressions and chase away repeat business... which is very expensive for Ford, to say the least.

Best way to improve quality and consistency is to make quality control, every employee's responsibility. There should be an anonymous quality control hotline, intRanet site. The reporting entity could also elect to waive anonymity in order to collect an incentive for reporting. This could be extended out to mechanics at the dealerships who spot things on new cars. Photos could be kept for each and every vehicle during it's assembly phases and stored by VIN. When problems manifest, they could be verified using these photos.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I used the oil filter pliers. Even my leather strap wrench couldn't get it loose because of the proximity to the radiator. And the socket style tools didn't fit on the Ford filter. It takes an in-between size apparently. Now I use K&N filters specifically for the 1in hex head on the end. Slip a combo wrench over it and done.

Still haven't figured out a way to keep the oil from dripping all over the "cooler" or the Pierce brace (from the drain plug).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Link?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Here's my personal tool I picked up in the '90's. Too long ago to remember where, but I want to say Pepboys, not sure though.
It's never let me down and the best feature is the WIDE range of sizes it covers, so I never need to worry about having different oil filter wrench tools for different sized filters. This one has covered all of my needs. It will literally crush an oil filter that's on really tight while taking it off.

You can try searching for spider/claw type oil filter wrenches, and can probably find some similar type, but my CTA has served me well for over 2 decades. https://www.brandsport.com/ctam-2505.html

Here's the mfg stamp CTA, USA.

Size of it fully collapsed.

Size of it fully extended.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Nice didn’t realize that you could remove the hex end and use a ratchet. I have to get one of these:

http://www.ctatools.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=112
Only way to use the tool is with a ratchet. The CTA profile unlike some of the other claw types out there is pretty low, comparable to a cap type filter wrench, but unlike a cap type wrench which can slip when worn down this spider claw will crush the filter in it's grasp while loosening it. Price has appreciated, I think I paid ~$13, but that was along time ago.

redmoe

I just hope it is still made in the USA! Spent $27, if it went up $14 and is made in China I will be bummed lol