Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

joesiris

Yes, definitely has the spot for a dead petal, which is good as I fully intend to get one, and I agree on the protection aspect...I live on a dirt road and so I am always tracking in dirt, especially with all the rain lately, so I felt like these were kind of necessity. Planning on some red mud flaps also...they look great on our Magnetic!!

It is kind of funny too that everyone assumes I am a guy...I think on the poll there were only 11 girls on here though, so kinda makes sense...lol
thanks that's good to know I can still get the pedal. I live on a really old paved road and every time I drive thru the neighborhood I can hear all the tiny "tinks" of the loose gravel, so yeah the flaps are a necessity at this point

You are a rarity among car enthusiasts! I wish my wife was more in to cars. :(
I think sometimes it's a good thing to have different interests....although it is pretty nice that my son and share our love of cars..in fact he is going to the Octane Academy with me. Gives me a pretty good copilot for the car meets too... mother son bonding...lol

I think sometimes it's a good thing to have different interests....although it is pretty nice that my son and share our love of cars..in fact he is going to the Octane Academy with me. Gives me a pretty good copilot for the car meets too... mother son bonding...lol
My kids usually go with me to all meets and cruises. It's really cool that they like it. Different interests are good but this is one thing I wish she had more interest in. Oh well lol. My kids will be the next generation of enthusiasts. When are you going to Octane academy? I'll be there June 4-5.

My kids usually go with me to all meets and cruises. It's really cool that they like it. Different interests are good but this is one thing I wish she had more interest in. Oh well lol. My kids will be the next generation of enthusiasts. When are you going to Octane academy? I'll be there June 4-5.
Yeah, true!! We are going the same time....should be a fun road trip!! Cutting through Vegas...my son just turned 21 in November so he can enjoy it now...lol

Picked up 2 bottles of Motul dctf from a club member that had some extras... Changed it out this morning. Tightened up some mire of the charge pipe clamps while I was under there too. Took the car into get an alignment this afternoon since I put new wheels/tires and springs on... Toe was off a little but that was about it. Waiting on my Accesport and tune from Panda and I have my whoosh intercooler and plugs to put in too. I wish I had a garage. Running out of daylight today and the forecast says rain for tomorrow... Dang!

brbauer2

Put on about 100 miles today, and going to be another 150-200 tomorrow.

At least she's fun to drive!

Also got in on a group buy for a Velossa Tech Big Mouth Intake. Just another thing to do when my front bumper is off.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Picked up 2 bottles of Motul dctf from a club member that had some extras... Changed it out this morning.
Did you have a chance to drive it after the fluid change?

If so, how was the shift action as compared to the (I'm guessing?) factory fluid it replaced?

I also have two liters of the Motul DCTF waiting to go in @ 3K miles.

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Replaced the stock shift knob with the cobb. The pic makes it look bigger than it really is. While I do like it better than the oem, it still feels a little too small for me.

Other than that though, I can definitely see how a good shift knob can improve the overall feel of the car. Will be looking for another to replace this real soon and I would like to try one with more weight. If I were racing, I might keep the light one...

Did you have a chance to drive it after the fluid change?

If so, how was the shift action as compared to the (I'm guessing?) factory fluid it replaced?

I also have two liters of the Motul DCTF waiting to go in @ 3K miles.
Yes. It was nice. Not like "omg" difference but a subtle change. It definitely seems to slide into gear a little easier and with a little more positive feel. i have just over 24k on the car (only 3k are mine) and I'm gonna say it was the original fluid. Nothing too alarming came out but it sure was dirty. I'll probably make a mental note to change it every 25k just for piece if mind. I thought about going to the 300 but I live in the Midwest and it can get pretty cold so I don't wanna risk the 300 being too thick in the cold. And from what I've read, the dctf is more closely matched to the stock fluid. And I got these 2 bottles for basically half price so I can't complain.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes. It was nice. Not like "omg" difference but a subtle change. It definitely seems to slide into gear a little easier and with a little more positive feel. i have just over 24k on the car (only 3k are mine) and I'm gonna say it was the original fluid. Nothing too alarming came out but it sure was dirty. I'll probably make a mental note to change it every 25k just for piece if mind. I thought about going to the 300 but I live in the Midwest and it can get pretty cold so I don't wanna risk the 300 being too thick in the cold. And from what I've read, the dctf is more closely matched to the stock fluid. And I got these 2 bottles for basically half price so I can't complain.
It DOES actually meet, and is certified for the Ford spec (the Motul DCTF). [:)]

As criminally wasteful as it might seem, I may just do two changes a year, with the Gear 300 for the late spring to early fall, and the DCTF for late fall to early spring. ;)

I have a Mountune short shifter plate (30% reduction) with the boomba racing solid cable bracket washers, and right now, with the factory fluid, ONLY going into 4th is a little 'balky', as the rest are butter smooth, and positive.
I'm hoping a better than factory, FULL synthetic fluid, with a good amount of ester in the base stock, will help cure that one drawback.

Did a couple things today. Painted and installed the little e-brake trim piece from amazon. Also, I dipped my mirror covers and matched the mirror signals to my headlights.

Sent from the Canyon's Edge

joesiris

curvy.jpg ch1.jpg ch2.jpg ch4.jpg ch5.jpg

took a 2 and a half hour drive to the mountains today. Wanted to find some windy roads, was almost bummed when the nav said I had 16 miles till destination and all I got so far was kinda curvy roads, but then I hit the bottom of the mountain leading up to Ceasers Head state park. WOW, what a blast, a 5ish mile trek up the mountain, super twisty, lots of swithbacks...literally what this car was meant for. Took my 12 year old son with me, we had so much fun. Got some great driving in, and did a couple hikes, saw some good views, and beautiful waterfalls. This car is bringing the "sunday drive" back for me. If you live in the Carolinas you gotta check it out

View attachment 13417 View attachment 13418 View attachment 13419 View attachment 13420 View attachment 13421

took a 2 and a half hour drive to the mountains today. Wanted to find some windy roads, was almost bummed when the nav said I had 16 miles till destination and all I got so far was kinda curvy roads, but then I hit the bottom of the mountain leading up to Ceasers Head state park. WOW, what a blast, a 5ish mile trek up the mountain, super twisty, lots of swithbacks...literally what this car was meant for. Took my 12 year old son with me, we had so much fun. Got some great driving in, and did a couple hikes, saw some good views, and beautiful waterfalls. This car is bringing the "sunday drive" back for me. If you live in the Carolinas you gotta check it out
It's awesome in the Carolinas! I've taken my 12 year old but he gets so sick from the twistys that he literally changes color to green! Send me a message when you go back and I'll try meet you up there!

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Did a couple things today. Painted and installed the little e-brake trim piece from amazon. Also, I dipped my mirror covers and matched the mirror signals to my headlights.

Are you a female? Is that nail polish?

Are you a female? Is that nail polish?
No too sure what you are getting at with that first question or if the second is a legitimate interest. So im going to pretend, for your sake, that they are innocent questions.

No I am not female, not sure what would make you believe I am. And that is not nail polish, it is Testors model paint.

Remember, its best for you to be silent and be thought of as an idiot than open your mouth and confirm it.