Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Business6

Waiting at Discount to get whatever this is pulled from my tire. I'm lookig forward to hearing their speech about bald tires and stopping distances! Haha
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ugh, that sucks man.

Installed the Ram Air filter and made an attempt at the symposer delete but I just can't get my damn hands in there and I'm not exactly a large dude. If I could remove the hose connected to the throttle body it'd be no problem but the connection looks really, really fragile. I'll try again tomorrow when I get the new spark plugs installed.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Waiting at Discount to get whatever this is pulled from my tire. I'm lookig forward to hearing their speech about bald tires and stopping distances! Haha

Never mind the tread, typically they refuse to service tires like that. They'll claim "it's too close to the sidewall". I just think to myself "yeah whatever" and go plug it myself. Several years ago, some fellas were standing outside of a used tire shop. (shack on the corner type place) I had used the narrow little dead-end side street they were on the corner of to turn around. They saw this and left a gift in my path. Heard it scraping the pavement the second I turned back onto the main road. I was close to home anyway so made a brief detour on the way to my destination to remove the thread-stripped screw, plug it and keep on my way. Guess they thought that would be a way to drum up some business. [}:)]

Ugh, that sucks man.

Installed the Ram Air filter and made an attempt at the symposer delete but I just can't get my damn hands in there and I'm not exactly a large dude. If I could remove the hose connected to the throttle body it'd be no problem but the connection looks really, really fragile. I'll try again tomorrow when I get the new spark plugs installed.

I also found the symposer delete more challenging than I had originally planned. If your issue is the same as mine, these long reach pliers were the ONLY way I could get the damn clamp off of the hose that is connected to the symposer from underneath. That thing just wouldn't budge.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-VISE-GRIP-Straight-Compound-Long-Reach-Pliers/1000084155

cxwrench

Ugh, that sucks man.

Got mine today, will be installing it after work. [like]

ETA:

And there it is. Pretty exciting, I know. More whooshy sounds I think. A quick question for [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] ... It went in upside down according to the instruction sheet that came w/ it. Any issues? The logo side is down, the grey side is up.

ETA2: Nevermind...I'm stupid. It's the way it should be.

Last edited:

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Never mind the tread, typically they refuse to service tires like that. They'll claim "it's too close to the sidewall". I just think to myself "yeah whatever" and go plug it myself. Several years ago, some fellas were standing outside of a used tire shop. (shack on the corner type place) I had used the narrow little dead-end side street they were on the corner of to turn around. They saw this and left a gift in my path. Heard it scraping the pavement the second I turned back onto the main road. I was close to home anyway so made a brief detour on the way to my destination to remove the thread-stripped screw, plug it and keep on my way. Guess they thought that would be a way to drum up some business. [}:)]
I always plug it myself. After you have done it a few times you get fast at it. Had a plug once in the middle of the side wall. When I got my tires rotated the dude working there said idk who did that repair but that ain't right lol. Said I did. I need to get to work and I can't get new tires right now. Thing held for 20k miles till all the tires needed to be replaced. Them things work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club

They refused to service it but not for that reason. The pic is misleading; the screw is a few inches away from the sidewall. The refused because my tires are down to the treadwear indicators. I don't blame them though. I understand the liability. So I just went to the used tire shop by my house and they plugged it for $10. I've been a customer of theirs for years so I gave 'em $20. They had it fixed in less than 10 minutes. At Discount I waited 45min just for them to refuse service lol.

Did you see those guys throw the screw into the street? Or just speculation?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I took the dealer sticker off and put the mountune badge on. Now everybody knows I'm cool! I'd post a pic, but I can't seem to be able to.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I just replaced the pads and rotors for the first time today. Took me 29 minutes. I went with OEM. How quickly do y'all's rear brakes wear out compared to the front? My fronts were just about metal-on-metal at 21k whereas my rears show no noticeable sign of wear LOL.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
drill into the factory pedals? Or swap pedals some how?
I took the pedal out of the car, removed the OEM metal plate then marked and drilled two holes through the OEM plastic pedal to mount it with the included hardware. It feels stable. If needed, I’ll add one or two more bolts later.