Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Yeah. Randy said they've had no problems with the tune at all. Looks like the engine can handle it, no sweat. I'm really impressed with what a mild tune can do for the car.
New ST owner here. I was wondering how you flash the system yourself. With a tuner? If so what kind?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hah, I would take this into consideration but I'm the one that did the last oil change and was very careful with my funneling.

But just to be sure, I also used shop towels and completely wiped the area around the cap a few times to see if it re-formed and it did (I re-seated the oil cap each time). So there was an ongoing problem.
It could be a defective, or dried out o-ring on the factory cap, as I've seen stranger things happen. ;)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
New ST owner here. I was wondering how you flash the system yourself. With a tuner? If so what kind?

A cobb access port. Get it from stratified so you can also get a canned tune from them for free. They are usually the same price everywhere so might as well get a lil something extra for free right?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

A cobb access port. Get it from stratified so you can also get a canned tune from them for free. They are usually the same price everywhere so might as well get a lil something extra for free right?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

It's a little handheld unit you plug into the ECU. You just push a button and it reprograms the car to make more power. Mine's a very basic plug-n-play tune, but it definitely has more oomph. Our plug is to the left of the steering wheel under the dash.

There are lots of tuners out there, but they all work the same way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6E1ayzPEwA

brbauer2

First hand wash of the season!

Can't wait until I can take some time and do a full detail on her though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dude from Europe?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
See the email on the letter...contact the dude give him your Vin# he deciphers it....you also pick the color for the placard and key chain of you want one...its very well made. It was around $50 I remember...very responsive also he was. It takes couple weeks....then it shows up via mail!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

New intake

Sooooo...installed a new intake. It is a Revo that I bought from Whoosh of course.

As can be expected, it is never as easy at it looks in the directions. But after quite a bit of time (hours), I finally had it on. As expected, getting it onto the turbo is a challenge, especially if you have an OCC in the way. I had to move the coolant tank and then move my OCC in order to get my stubby screwdriver in there to loosen the stock clamp and tighten the new one. Other fitment issues were the two brackets near the front of the intake. I'm not sure what Fiesta they tested fitment on, but there is no way those brackets fit on mine where they are supposed to go. If the intake gets a little loose, I'll break out some zip ties. But it just isn't even close.

Anyways, here is a crappy picture of the finished job. Crappy picture because I was under a bit of stress when I took it. Keep reading for the story.

I'm hopeful I didn't do permanent damage to my car. I took about a 10 minute test drive after that initial install and no codes popped up. Pressure was good, so I figured I had no boost leaks. But there was strange hesitation on acceleration. The car felt slow. The intake itself sounded nice and loud. Letting off the gas generates a very audible whoosh. But when I came back is when I popped the hood and saw the oil and pretty much freaked the F out.

Shut it down, wiped off some oil. Then started it back up again and had a bunch of codes.

Pucker factor was high. I kept thinking...what they hell did I do? It is just an intake. It has to be something else. We all know the final step is to check all connections and make sure nothing was forgotten. I thought I was good. Turns out I forgot to plug in what I believe is the crankcase pressure signal harness. If you look closely at my first picture of the finished install above (very left side halfway down), you can see the plug (orange ring) and even the open port on the engine itself in the shadow. If you are wondering what happens if you don't plug that in - you get oil.... I can only surmise that the CC wasn't venting properly or something. Maybe it is a good thing I had a breather on in order to let pressure out rather than a explosion? Either way, a bit of oil did escape. Me and my shop towels are on the case.

Once I plugged that damned thing in, I had the AP reset the CPU and I started her back up again. Idle seemed back to normal and the codes are gone. I calmed down (just a bit).

Normally, having plugs flapping out there would be a good indicator for me that I forgot something. But with the new intake, I have several pieces that no longer plug into anything and that CC sensor just kind of blended in. I'm hoping it isn't a problem.

Like this thing here. The old hose had two ports - the new one just the one. So I plugged one in, but this one just kind of hangs out. Also note that you can see the open CC sensor port in this picture (doh!)

And here is a electrical plug with nowhere to go. It used to plug into the stock drain hose (I think that is what it was). Also in this pic, I had just found where to plug in the CC sensor and you can see it plugged in

For reference, here are the stock pieces that don't match what is available on the new intake. Revo says 2014 - 2018 model years, but do I now need the 2016+ fix?

Anyways, thanks for reading. I'm going to make a short drive to my son's baseball game and immediately pop the hood when I get there. Ugh - this is it. Last mod!

UPDATED: Codes are back. P051D and the one about a leak between TB and intake. For the leak one, I can check the hoses again. At least that code makes sense. For the CC pressure, no idea. I did just put my stock PCV hose back on and the code came back (so I don't think the OCC is the problem). Any ideas? From what I've read, it seems like that blue plug that doesn't have a home is the CC pressure sensor. So what am I supposed to do with the damned thing now? The tube for the Revo intake is just a solid tube from the intake to the CC.

Last edited:
I have more pictures on my build thread and the forscan reverse camera thread

Cost is:
$30-40 Ebay reverse camera comes with the wire to get to the head unit
Free Forscan software
$10-40 for the programming dongle (used as a scanner and code clearer once done, can do multiple vehicles)
$1 Crimps for head unit: $1 (you can order a harness from 4Dtech costing $50 to save you some aggravation)
$1 Tap connectors (for powering off the reverse light)

The time was about 4 hours of work. But I was being slow, checking connections at every stage. Taking the trim and hatch was not difficult but making the wire disappear is were the time sinks are.
I’m unable to find the tutorial :(

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
UPDATED: Codes are back. P051D and the one about a leak between TB and intake. For the leak one, I can check the hoses again. At least that code makes sense. For the CC pressure, no idea. I did just put my stock PCV hose back on and the code came back (so I don't think the OCC is the problem). Any ideas? From what I've read, it seems like that blue plug that doesn't have a home is the CC pressure sensor. So what am I supposed to do with the damned thing now? The tube for the Revo intake is just a solid tube from the intake to the CC.
Get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcr8L5y4PhY&feature=youtu.be

I installed an aftermarket silicone hose, and it wouldn't fit a '16-'17. This did the trick. No codes for over a week.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club