Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Finally did my 2nd oil change (at 3100 miles, 2K miles past the first one) using the Motul Specific 5W-20 948B oil and an FL400S Motorcraft filter.

Also installed a Mishimoto magnetic (supposedly Neodymium) drain plug on this change.

joesiris

The Audio Control has a 12 volt out that feeds the REM in on the JL amp. The RCA is sub out from LC2i to sub in on JL amp. Pretty easy hook up once you get all of the wiring to the rear of the car. I can create a drawing if needed for hookup or take closeups...
yes please, if you don't mind... ive installed many amps, but they were always in older cars that I took the oem head unit out and replaced with aftermarket head unit that has rca outs. and other than my friends caddy (which , unless you wanted to lose your dome lights, cruise control, wipers, and some other stuff, you had to keep the oem unit wired up in the trunk while splicing in the new unit up front) installation is really straight forward. Ive never tried to run anything to a oem stereo without rca outs, so everything you described up top might as well be Spanish to me

yes please, if you don't mind... ive installed many amps, but they were always in older cars that I took the oem head unit out and replaced with aftermarket head unit that has rca outs. and other than my friends caddy (which , unless you wanted to lose your dome lights, cruise control, wipers, and some other stuff, you had to keep the oem unit wired up in the trunk while splicing in the new unit up front) installation is really straight forward. Ive never tried to run anything to a oem stereo without rca outs, so everything you described up top might as well be Spanish to me
I started to write up how to do the install decided the Audio Control LC2i drawing best describes this process and hook up. The hardest part will be pulling all of the wire to the rear of the car if that is where you will add your sub.

Note:
A simple way of adding a sub would be to buy a powered subwoofer that could be mounted in a location you choose. See Crutchfield (https://www.crutchfield.com/g_51000/Powered-Subwoofers.html?tp=114)

Or you could follow LC2i Picture below for wiring method. I did not write down the colors of the factory speaker, but this can be determined by removing the door panel and observing the wires. Once you know those 2 wires you will then need to determine polarity. Just use a 1.5v AAA battery to place power on the speaker. If the speaker moves outward you have the correct polarity. Note the colors of the wires for positive and negative. Tap into those 2 wires and run a parallel set of wires to the Line Converter.

Attachments

Emptied catch can (two tbsp...), put on summer tires, installed third brake light blinker module, fitted the mountune wing extension (didn't install it yet, will wait for a couple of days of bad weather so I can just leave the car in the garage).

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Nice job on camera install. I'm sure it has been stated before, but what is the cost and effort to do the job?
I have more pictures on my build thread and the forscan reverse camera thread

Cost is:
$30-40 Ebay reverse camera comes with the wire to get to the head unit
Free Forscan software
$10-40 for the programming dongle (used as a scanner and code clearer once done, can do multiple vehicles)
$1 Crimps for head unit: $1 (you can order a harness from 4Dtech costing $50 to save you some aggravation)
$1 Tap connectors (for powering off the reverse light)

The time was about 4 hours of work. But I was being slow, checking connections at every stage. Taking the trim and hatch was not difficult but making the wire disappear is were the time sinks are.

joesiris

I started to write up how to do the install decided the Audio Control LC2i drawing best describes this process and hook up. The hardest part will be pulling all of the wire to the rear of the car if that is where you will add your sub.

Note:
A simple way of adding a sub would be to buy a powered subwoofer that could be mounted in a location you choose. See Crutchfield (https://www.crutchfield.com/g_51000/Powered-Subwoofers.html?tp=114)

Or you could follow LC2i Picture below for wiring method. I did not write down the colors of the factory speaker, but this can be determined by removing the door panel and observing the wires. Once you know those 2 wires you will then need to determine polarity. Just use a 1.5v AAA battery to place power on the speaker. If the speaker moves outward you have the correct polarity. Note the colors of the wires for positive and negative. Tap into those 2 wires and run a parallel set of wires to the Line Converter.
thanks for that, when the time comes, this will be what I have to try

You're welcome...PM if you ever have issues...

Note:
My gear is pretty expensive (~$2k), but you can probably do just as well spending ~$250. The limits of the system are around the source and factory staging and tune. You cannot get past that without digging much deeper into the project. I personally think it made a huge difference in the sound quality of the overall system. Many would disagree.

You're welcome...PM if you ever have issues...

Note:
My gear is pretty expensive (~$2k), but you can probably do just as well spending ~$250. The limits of the system are around the source and factory staging and tune. You cannot get past that without digging much deeper into the project. I personally think it made a huge difference in the sound quality of the overall system. Many would disagree.

I have more pictures on my build thread and the forscan reverse camera thread

Cost is:
$30-40 Ebay reverse camera comes with the wire to get to the head unit
Free Forscan software
$10-40 for the programming dongle (used as a scanner and code clearer once done, can do multiple vehicles)
$1 Crimps for head unit: $1 (you can order a harness from 4Dtech costing $50 to save you some aggravation)
$1 Tap connectors (for powering off the reverse light)

The time was about 4 hours of work. But I was being slow, checking connections at every stage. Taking the trim and hatch was not difficult but making the wire disappear is were the time sinks are.
Thanks for the information. I will check your other post. I am very interested in doing this modification. I intend on this car being my daughters soon and it would be nice if she had all of the tools she could get to be successful at driving that is if I can teach her how to drive a manual transmission.

Ordered this Maxton splitter to change the look and add some more durability from my lowered lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

koozy

3000 Post Club