Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

brbauer2

Since it's going to be raining from this afternoon through the weekend I decided it was a good time to reapply some Rain-X.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

loaded my updated Stratified tune for intake and intercooler. I don't know if its just me or what but the car feels really smooth now. I previously had a stratified stock tune and then put a MAP intake on it. After switching to the CPE intake and intercooler the car has felt very smooth and easier to drive. I haven't had a chance to really get on it, its lightly raining, but so far I am very impressed and pleased with everything. Now I wan't a downpipe but I wasn't planning on going that far with it, was only going to do an exhaust for the NOISE!

I did some more stereo work today swapping out the factory speakers for JL Audio Components up front and Coaxials in the rear. What a huge difference. The factory speakers are actually pretty good speakers, using poly woofers with silk dome tweeters, however they are barely capable of dealing with the factory amp. The factory speakers are only rated at 25 watts max. Additionally, they are only rated at about 86DB @ 1watt versus the JL speakers at 91DB @ 1watt.

I did not expect that much of a difference, but the system now sounds fuller with better mid and high response. I am still contemplating a new amp and sound processor, but will hold off for now as the system actually sounds pretty good.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did some more stereo work today swapping out the factory speakers for JL Audio Components up front and Coaxials in the rear. What a huge difference. The factory speakers are actually pretty good speakers, using poly woofers with silk dome tweeters, however they are barely capable of dealing with the factory amp. The factory speakers are only rated at 25 watts max. Additionally, they are only rated at about 86DB @ 1watt versus the JL speakers at 91DB @ 1watt.

I did not expect that much of a difference, but the system now sounds fuller with better mid and high response. I am still contemplating a new amp and sound processor, but will hold off for now as the system actually sounds pretty good.
Great to hear! [thumb]

How/where did you mount the tweeters (in factory locations?) and crossovers for the front JLs??

Were there clearance issues due to the JL's depth in any (front or back) locations?

joesiris

brbauer2

Met up with some bigger brothers. A few more showed up after the picture, including another MO FiST!

Pretty good turnout for a last minute change in cruise plans. Initial plans had 60+ going but heavy rains flooded the state park we were cruising to.

I installed all the speakers in the factory locations. I used some spacer rings that can be bought from Amazon. The tweeters had to be glued into position, but fit without too much work. The crossovers fit inbetween the inner and outer door panels. I set the crossover for the tweeter at reference 0db setting and tuned the Sony bass, mid, and trebel at mid point setting with fade 1 spot to the rear. I also added dynamat to the door panels, but doubt it makes much of a difference as the door panels are unique having an inner and outer door panel.

brbauer2

Going to be packing up tomorrow and leaving Thursday for Octane and camping in Moab! Needed the extra room.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk