Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the oem gloss black wheel, and maybe because there is so much surface area there, they show brake dust like crazy. 2 days after wash they are covered, at least they get uniform coverage of dust so that it just looks like I have matte black wheels
The ONLY reason I did not go with the matte black 1.2s (I actually prefer that 'look' to the gloss), is because I thought that the less sealed matte finish would allow the hot/corrosive brake dust, and other grime, to get a 'foothold' into it, and start the deterioration/staining of the finish MUCH quicker than the more sealed (AND also wax-able for even more protection!), hopefully clear coated, gloss finish. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
more like an "off" road trip huh, but seriously its gorgeous out there, those are great shots, nice shadow play too.
Reminds me of some song lyrics from one of this country's greatest singer-songwriters, and a NATIONAL treasure, (Woody Guthrie);

"California is a Garden Of Eden, a paradise to live in or see..."

joesiris

The ONLY reason I did not go with the matte black 1.2s (I actually prefer that 'look' to the gloss), is because I thought that the less sealed matte finish would allow the hot/corrosive brake dust, and other grime, to get a 'foothold' into it, and start the deterioration/staining of the finish MUCH quicker than the more sealed (AND also wax-able for even more protection!), hopefully clear coated, gloss finish. [wink]
yeah that's true, it doesn't stain...it comes off with just a cloth, and I too prefer the gloss look on the wheels anyway. one day with money ill upgrade to some aftermarket ones, the oem wheels have a enamel finish, which can peel off quite easily. do you have the oem brake pads? I'm wondering if a good set of aftermarket brake pads would dust as bad

joesiris

yeah that's true, it doesn't stain...it comes off with just a cloth, and I too prefer the gloss look on the wheels anyway. one day with money ill upgrade to some aftermarket ones, the oem wheels have a enamel finish, which can peel off quite easily. do you have the oem brake pads? I'm wondering if a good set of aftermarket brake pads would dust as bad

joesiris

It's the Nikon D3300, really liking it but so many buttons and gadgets I will probably never learn it all....having some fun with it though. Got an awesome deal on it, on sale at Walmart for $349, regular $499... just couldn't pass it up.
when I was in GA my buddy gave me a camera for free (it was his moms, and she died last year, and he didn't need it since he has some 3000$ one) but its kinda old. I was super stoked, its a Nikon L110, its got this zoom in lens and looks like a smaller version of those nice dslr ones...but its really not that great, I think my phone still takes better pics, I don't know, ill work with it still and see if I can just get better

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I have the more mild of the two factory pad options since I opted for the PS AS/3 tires.

The car only has ~3K miles on it, so when it needs it's first pad (and/or rotor) change, it will get a set of G-Loc, or the Mountune, autocross level pads.

joesiris

I have the more mild of the two factory pad options since I opted for the PS AS/3 tires.

The car only has ~3K miles on it, so when it needs it's first pad (and/or rotor) change, it will get a set of G-Loc, or the Mountune, autocross level pads.
good to know, ill have to look into some alternative pad solutions as well

Clay, glaze, and wax was on the menu this weekend. I ran out of time yesterday after the glaze so I had to wax this morning. I also debadged the fiesta logo since I was there. [raceflag]

Pulled the front bumper this weekend... Got the big mouth in. Cp-e hot side pipe. Mountune splitter. Put the cp-e rmm in a few days ago. And just placed an order with Ron over at Whoosh for the cp-e catted downpipe.

Nice! [thumb]

Which wax/sealer did you use?
I use Chemical Guys products most of the time since their Inland Empire store is really close to me. This time I used Smart Wax carnuba wax. I like it for the most part. Left a little bit of streaking on the roof of the car. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax did not leave any streaks the last time I used so I will be going back to that the next time I wax.

The next time I wax will be a full color correction. I hate the nasty swirls, it really shows on black paint.

when I was in GA my buddy gave me a camera for free (it was his moms, and she died last year, and he didn't need it since he has some 3000$ one) but its kinda old. I was super stoked, its a Nikon L110, its got this zoom in lens and looks like a smaller version of those nice dslr ones...but its really not that great, I think my phone still takes better pics, I don't know, ill work with it still and see if I can just get better
Sounds pretty cool, you should try experimenting and see how it goes, I think once you get the hang of it they do great pics!

joesiris

Sounds pretty cool, you should try experimenting and see how it goes, I think once you get the hang of it they do great pics!
yeah I'm gonna mess with it a bunch...its only 12 megapixel, but it has lots of functions and my wife was telling me of her college days. She went to college for art, and took a class in photography...she had a whole semester where they used a disposable cameras to take some really awesome shots...I guess her point is its about the photographer not the camera, once I get the hang of it ill take some photos and post them

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I use Chemical Guys products most of the time since their Inland Empire store is really close to me. This time I used Smart Wax carnuba wax. I like it for the most part. Left a little bit of streaking on the roof of the car. Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax did not leave any streaks the last time I used so I will be going back to that the next time I wax.

The next time I wax will be a full color correction. I hate the nasty swirls, it really shows on black paint.
^^^The main reason I will NEVER own another black car, despite how GREAT/'glowing' they look when properly cared for!

I had noticed their Butter Wet Wax when I put in my Collinite 845, and Wolfgang DG 3.0 sealant order to AutoGeek, and added it to my wish list, along with some of their microfiber products, to try next order. [:)]

^^^The main reason I will NEVER own another black car, despite how GREAT/'glowing' they look when properly cared for!

I had noticed their Butter Wet Wax when I put in my Collinite 845, and Wolfgang DG 3.0 sealant order to AutoGeek, and added it to my wish list, along with some of their microfiber products, to try next order. [:)]
I use their Micro fiber as well! I am happy with them, I used to use the giant back of microfiber from costco, I cant really say if one is better than the other. I usually buy a set of microfiber when I stop in for more product, ease of access wins i guess.

yeah I'm gonna mess with it a bunch...its only 12 megapixel, but it has lots of functions and my wife was telling me of her college days. She went to college for art, and took a class in photography...she had a whole semester where they used a disposable cameras to take some really awesome shots...I guess her point is its about the photographer not the camera, once I get the hang of it ill take some photos and post them
Smart lady, your wife, she is absolutely right...my uncle is more or less a pro phoyographer and he says anything over 3 megapixels is good....anxious to see some new photos [cheerleader] I took photograpy classes in High School... learned some cool stuff.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I use their Micro fiber as well! I am happy with them, I used to use the giant back of microfiber from costco, I cant really say if one is better than the other. I usually buy a set of microfiber when I stop in for more product, ease of access wins i guess.
Funny you mention those yellow Costco packs since I still have some I have not even used yet, and I bought that huge pack almost 10 years ago!!

Installed my Pierce rear torsion bar. PIA to get the holes lined up and the bolts started. It's very tight in the channel which is going to be a good thing for performance. Looking forward to seeing if there is a noticeable difference.