Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Where did you order these from? Really liking it plus I'm sick of my pedal slipping anytime its wet outside.
I got 'em from Amazon. They're OMP OA/1000 and I couldn't be happier, especially for the price. The install is pretty straightforward and I probably made it harder than it needed to be because I didn't remove the gas pedal assembly. I couldn't get a good angle with my drill and really struggled with it. If you spend the 3min to unbolt the pedal assembly, it will probably save you 30min overall.

I got 'em from Amazon. They're OMP OA/1000 and I couldn't be happier, especially for the price. The install is pretty straightforward and I probably made it harder than it needed to be because I didn't remove the gas pedal assembly. I couldn't get a good angle with my drill and really struggled with it. If you spend the 3min to unbolt the pedal assembly, it will probably save you 30min overall.
Ok cool I did a bit of googling and OMP seems to be the way to go. Just need so.e dry weather to install them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^ +1, as it was one of the most positive mods, as far as the actual driving experience goes, that I have done to this car so far! [thumb]

I am still trying to convince myself to do the Boomba Racing handle as well in order to get that extra 25% reduction on top of the Mountune's 30%. [driving]

Picked up an Amra Speed carbon fiber intake and proceeded to drop it on the ground and crack an edge D'oh [scream]. This completes my expensive and unnecessary intake system [wiggle]. I couldn't resist the carbon fiber bling but after installing it I am not sure if I am going to keep it for long and will probably go back to my Mountune setup soon.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Picked up an Amra Speed carbon fiber intake and proceeded to drop it on the ground and crack an edge D'oh [scream]. This completes my expensive and unnecessary intake system [wiggle]. I couldn't resist the carbon fiber bling but after installing it I am not sure if I am going to keep it for long and will probably go back to my Mountune setup soon.

I’ve always been curious about this intake for the same bling reason. Why don’t you like it? Are temps unacceptable?

I’ve always been curious about this intake for the same bling reason. Why don’t you like it? Are temps unacceptable?
The fitment and over all design leaves a lot to be desired. The outer heat shield mounts in the same points at the factory box but then the cone filter itself floats in the middle (or at least is supposed to). Meaning the intake piping from the cross over on is just lose and has no hard mounts. I had previously thought the heat shield, filter element, and elbow were mounted together but nope. I have not drove it yet but I don't think the intake temp be effected too much as the filter draws air pretty far down in the bay. We will see.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Does anyone who owns these intakes ever use a large diameter ducting hose from a grille/fog light opening, or a duct from our under bumper 'air dam' thing into the bottom of that cannister?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I thought a hatchback is supposed to have a lot of room? I can't even fit my bike in the back with one of the wheels still on it. Oh well, roof rack on the way!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I can fit my old larger frame with extended seat-post ten speed with the 27 x 1 1/4 tires attached. Just have to move the passenger front seat all the way forward.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I actually managed to fit my 29er in with the front wheel removed by sliding the front seat all the way forward as you mentioned. But anyway, my roof rack and bike rack should get here Monday [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Prepped my car for track season:
- Pierce 2-pc chassis brace
- Mountune brake lines
- Redline RL-600 brake fluid
- Redline DCTF

Unfortunately it was raining today so I wasn't able to put the brace to the test; probably need to wait until Sunday :(

cxwrench

Prepped my car for track season:
- Pierce 2-pc chassis brace
- Mountune brake lines
- Redline RL-600 brake fluid
- Redline DCTF

Unfortunately it was raining today so I wasn't able to put the brace to the test; probably need to wait until Sunday :(
It came down pretty hard a couple times today on our side of the bay. Got to test my new rain jacket that showed up in the mail this morning. And a little throttle-off oversteer [;)]

I added a full size matching spare today.
Ordered a cheap tire last week and had it mounted and balanced today.
https://www.amazon.com/Achilles-223...UTF8&qid=1521238295&sr=1-4&keywords=205/40/17

The fit/weight is very similar, but I can no longer use the threaded rod that clamps the wheel down. The fit is very tight already, so hopefully it will stay quiet.

Attachments

Installed Damond OCC. Not too bad of an install thanks to previous installers giving some good tips.
Switched out the stock spark plugs for some NGKs one step colder. No drama at all if you have a decent spark plug socket.

Since I already had the car on a jack stand with the passenger wheel off I was going to also try to install my GFB DV+. But damn - no way I was reaching those bolts without an extension and longer allen key than what I have. So, off to the store today or tomorrow and will put in the DV+ another day.

And did first oil change (holy fuck was that filter on tight from the dealer)
Definitely recommend a filter socket. I think I got mine for $5 from autozone. It takes a bit of work to get it and the wrench around the filter, but once there, easy to torque the damn thing off.