Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yesterday looked to be the ONLY decent/dry day until at least the middle of this month, if not the end of the month, so yeah, I washed and got yet another coat of Collinite 845 on the little beast.

But I WILL break out the pressure washer for underneath the car, EVERY time that our illustrious PennDot decides to dump at least 10x the tonnage of salt on the roads as is necessary for the few flakes that might fall from the sky in that time, as long as the temps are above freezing. ;) [mad]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Used incorrectly, a pressure washer is capable of doing a lot of damage to a clear-coat or painted surface. Use as little pressure/friction as is necessary and keep the spray nozzle at a reasonable distance. (Note: M-Sport knows this - comment aimed at others.)

Odometer is almost to 50k so I changed out the transmission fluid. What a difference it made! Shifting is so much smoother now! I just went with the OEM fluid. I hate how this isn't a fill till it starts pouring out transmission. I put in 1.8 quarts but I still feel like I didnt do it right haha.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Installed a Radium catch can. The can itself is great but I gave up on trying to install the optional petcock and drain hose; the can mounts to the passenger side motor mount and the drain hose would have been too close to the serpentine belt and pulleys for my comfort; I tried routing it another way but it had too big of a bend in it and the petcock would have been awkward to reach.

anticon

I got a good wash in today. I am preparing to get a clear bra installed on Tuesday. I made a time-lapse of the process, see the link below.''

[video]https://youtu.be/EtUk72uT7IA[/video]

Here's a photo also.

[/url]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Used incorrectly, a pressure washer is capable of doing a lot of damage to a clear-coat or painted surface. Use as little pressure/friction as is necessary and keep the spray nozzle at a reasonable distance. (Note: M-Sport knows this - comment aimed at others.)
CORRECT, and I ONLY use it on the underside of the car and wheel wells, and even then I am VERY careful about the painted surfaces, any wiring or fuel lines/etc., and ONLY use the widest 'fan' spray pattern available on the nozzle.

The narrow, 'jet' pencil spray pattern can cut like a RAZOR BLADE on full pressure, I found this out the hard way (on my hand which took a month to heal from it!) many years ago!
(I FULLY understand how a 'water jet' cutter can easily slice through hardened steel!)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Odometer is almost to 50k so I changed out the transmission fluid. What a difference it made! Shifting is so much smoother now! I just went with the OEM fluid. I hate how this isn't a fill till it starts pouring out transmission. I put in 1.8 quarts but I still feel like I didnt do it right haha.
My previous man trans specified that you fill until it touches the speed-sensor gear. I filled it to the top of the speed sensor gear because, more is better, right? Besides, the speed sensor gear was only like an inch tall anyway. On one of the hottest days of the Summer and when sitting in traffic, the car started lubricating my shoes. It wasn't oil. It wasn't brake fluid. Hmmm.... it's transmission fluid!? CLICK.. it immediately occurred to me that the speed sensor seal blew. The fluid traveled up the speedometer cable, out of the end, and dripped down onto my shoes. Not only did I over-fill it, I had filled it when it was cold.

Bottom line, since then I've followed instructions to the letter when adding fluid to a man trans. I'll also err on the side of caution when those instructions neglect to mention fill-temperature as potential factor.

Today I went and gave it a quick cleaning. A couple of weeks ago I had this guy at Fiverr.com create and 3D print a Ford badge for the car grille, since I was sick and tired of people mistaking it for an Aston Martin. No, but seriously, I believe it completes the look and makes the car, coupled with the racing stripes, feel less "naked". Don't mind the rims on the winter tires, I got them for cheap when I bought the Fiesta and I'm thinking of having them plasti dipped in Charcoal Matte Gray before the next winter season.

cxwrench

Today I went and gave it a quick cleaning. A couple of weeks ago I had this guy at Fiverr.com create and 3D print a Ford badge for the car grille, since I was sick and tired of people mistaking it for an Aston Martin. No, but seriously, I believe it completes the look and makes the car, coupled with the racing stripes, feel less "naked". Don't mind the rims on the winter tires, I got them for cheap when I bought the Fiesta and I'm thinking of having them plasti dipped in Charcoal Matte Gray before the next winter season.
Not sure how I feel about the Ford badge but I definitely like the color and the stripes. I agree that Charcoal Grey would look really good on those wheels, go for it!

Love it! Looks great Paper Boy [cheers]

Yesterday I installed Yellow Street Power Flex Upper Engine and Trans mount bushings, made a world of a difference with both shifting and rev matching, couldn't be happier!

Today I am hopefully going to get some Silver Star H11 bulbs to replace the burned out OEM fog light bulbs :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Since that is Storm Gray, I take for granted that is an ST200?

Which winter tire did you choose for your (inside of?) Arctic Circle use?

Since that is Storm Gray, I take for granted that is an ST200?

Which winter tire did you choose for your (inside of?) Arctic Circle use?
Yes, it's the ST200. The tires are some studless Nokian ones, got them with the car. They do what they are set to do, I'm not going to take the FiST to the track during winter time. There's some unintentional (and intentional) drifting at the rotaries, but I don't mind. :)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, it's the ST200. The tires are some studless Nokian ones, got them with the car. They do what they are set to do, I'm not going to take the FiST to the track during winter time. There's some unintentional (and intentional) drifting at the rotaries, but I don't mind. :)
Size and model of the Nokians (I understand they make some we CANNOT get here in NA [:(])?

Size and model of the Nokians (I understand they make some we CANNOT get here in NA [:(])?
I will look up the name of the model, the size is only 16" though. The summer wheels are 17" of course.
Believe it or not, considering the geographical position it isn't that cold here in Southern Sweden, the climate is similar to what you would find in New York. :)