Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Installed the PIAA 'Night Tech' H11 bulbs into the low beam position (these are made in Germany, and I suspect that they are just the Osram 'Night Breaker' bulbs with PIAA's labelling on them, in PIAA's packaging, since the bulb's glass color pattern looks identical between the two [dunno]), and the Phillips Xteme Vision "+130" H1 bulbs in the high beam location.

Have to SEE all of those 'critters' out at night on the pitch black country roads around here, BEFORE you HIT them! LOL
I used the Phillips Extreme Vision H11 on low beams (with stock high beams) on two road trips. One from LA to Miami and the other from LA to Atlanta. They worked great on those unlit back country roads as well as unlit highways. Projected well down the road as well as to the sides quite sufficiently. Worth every penny.

The stock high beams are actually not bad. I didn't get to use them a lot because there were constantly truckers and other traffic even late in the middle of the night but when I was able to use them they lit up the entire road as well as the sides so I really felt no true need to upgrade them. Could see birds in the trees with them lol.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I've run the philips extreme vision in my stock headlamps and now in the EDM projector headlamps, and I've been really impressed with them. Can't comment on longevity but with this class of halogen I assume it'll be poor.

finally got some stuff installed yesterday. cp-e intake, damond oil catch can, fswerks short shift thing, and rally armor flaps

love how totally hidden the oil catch can is, it's mounted to the passenger strut tower

brbauer2

I've run the philips extreme vision in my stock headlamps and now in the EDM projector headlamps, and I've been really impressed with them. Can't comment on longevity but with this class of halogen I assume it'll be poor.

finally got some stuff installed yesterday. cp-e intake, damond oil catch can, fswerks short shift thing, and rally armor flaps

love how totally hidden the oil catch can is, it's mounted to the passenger strut tower
The hiddenness is why I went with the Damond. Makes it harder to drain, but not impossible. Also, watch out for rubbing of the top hose against the engine cover.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The hiddenness is why I went with the Damond. Makes it harder to drain, but not impossible. Also, watch out for rubbing of the top hose against the engine cover.
+3, as to ONE of the reasons I went with the Damond!

I covered that complete length of hose (upper and lower) with some 1.12" 'split loom' convoluted tubing just for that reason (with some extra closed cell foam padding right at that contact point under it), AND to be more 'stealth' for if/when it ever has to go back to the stealership. [wink]

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
+ one that ...i hate this capped crap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Which lugs did you use there?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Nothing too fancy. Interesting part is there is 20, 4 are "locking" guess which 4 I did not use? LOL come in blue, blue and red. Hand tools only and use anti seize both in the thread and on the cone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20pcs-Red-A...a22fde&pid=100012&rk=2&rkt=12&sd=322438414319

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just snagged some blue ones....stupid Ford tech....lets use a 12 point on capped nuts.....they look better round anyways. Another reason I work on my own stuff 99% of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Did you install the drain hose? Seems it would be really easy to drain with that, just put some cup under the car and open the valve. I didn't, had access to a jack and jackstands in the driveway I installed in but didn't feel like getting under the car. I figure whenever I get around to doing the car's first oil change I'll install the drain hose that came with the kit.

+3, as to ONE of the reasons I went with the Damond!

I covered that complete length of hose (upper and lower) with some 1.12" 'split loom' convoluted tubing just for that reason (with some extra closed cell foam padding right at that contact point under it), AND to be more 'stealth' for if/when it ever has to go back to the strealership. [wink]
Glad the usual cast of characters are in agreement about the damond. I'm all about quality non-flashy parts. Wonder if there's anything else I should buy, maybe some bracing or something.

Gonna go ahead and steal your protection idea because I'm sure I have split loom wherever my soldering supplies are.

If I ever go back to the stealership it'll be too soon. I kinda had some very tense phone calls with them after they followed up on negative feedback I submitted in the post-buy survey Ford sends out. FYI folks anything you say on that gets sent straight to the sales team at the dealership. I called them out for actively making the buying experience bad through typical shady dealer tactics. Ended up paying way more for the car than I should have because I'm not one to haggle. Crap like charging $850 for 'vin etching' that is actually just a bunch of stickers on random panels of the car with some proprietary number that a cop or junkyard might be able to look up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I kinda had some very tense phone calls with them after they followed up on negative feedback I submitted in the post-buy survey Ford sends out. FYI folks anything you say on that gets sent straight to the sales team at the dealership. I called them out for actively making the buying experience bad through typical shady dealer tactics. Ended up paying way more for the car than I should have because I'm not one to haggle. Crap like charging $850 for 'vin etching' that is actually just a bunch of stickers on random panels of the car with some proprietary number that a cop or junkyard might be able to look up.
Funny you should mention this, since the same exact scenario happened to me (but not concerning any high priced, forced, dealer 'add-ons', they KNEW better with me [nono]) about the whole pricing thing, and just how many THOUSANDS LESS everyone else on here was paying for these cars, even loaded vs. what I was paying for a base.

I did not realize that these dealers, especially IF they already have a good rating in Ford Corporate's eyes, take those surveys VERY seriously indeed!!
They PLEADED with me about ANYTHING they could do to "make it up to me" in order to revise my review (and take away the big black mark my review gave them) on the second contact from Dearborn, when it ALL could have been avoided by just giving me a 'fair' price to begin with, instead of being SO pig-headed about it, and letting me actually walk out of the dealer at the time of delivery (LONG story)!

J2FoRS

If I ever go back to the stealership it'll be too soon. I kinda had some very tense phone calls with them after they followed up on negative feedback I submitted in the post-buy survey Ford sends out. FYI folks anything you say on that gets sent straight to the sales team at the dealership.
Lol this is too true. I had a very bad service experience with my last Mustang in that one of the dealers REFUSED to replace my rear caliper even though it was in for service 5 times for a stuck caliper. They replaced the rotor, pads, turned the rotor, lubed the pins, repeat. I even had a go pro video of my screaming molten lava hot rotor on the highway. Eventually it melted my brake lines, which they replaced, and just put a new rotor etc AGAIN. They refused to replace the expensive caliper cause it was a brand new car from the manufacturer they said theres no way. It melted my brake lines a second time, melted the paint inside my rim AND scorched the inner fender liner. I finally received one of those Ford Surveys. I assume because the original dealer thought they had finally solved my issue and it would be good. I basically told this story, being without my car for 5 separate occasions totaling 22 days WITHOUT my new vehicle, driving the stupid shop car Focus with the bright yellow decals all over it after just taking delivery of my brand new Mustang and dealing with this. I took it to another dealer and they replaced both rear calipers, all 4 rotors and pads, my wheel liner all the brake lines and got me a BRAND NEW set of 4 Performance pack wheels since my one had been mucked up through Ford Warranty. They also detailed the car and ensured there was no heat damage to the surrounding fender etc.

I literally had to drive 30km to go to a difference Ford than my local one for YEARS, because of that survey I filled out, the "wait time" for an oil change appointment magically became 4-6 weeks...only if I mentioned my name first. Lmao.