Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone running Ford Racing wheels?

I'll concur that the wheels are identical regardless of finish. They called them "rally" wheels in the FRPP catalog to avoid all sorts of confusion caused by "SVT EAP" and "European Appearance Package" and all sorts of other names for them.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I'll concur that the wheels are identical regardless of finish. They called them "rally" wheels in the FRPP catalog to avoid all sorts of confusion caused by "SVT EAP" and "European Appearance Package" and all sorts of other names for them.
Thanks for clarifying.

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm waiting to install these wheels. Just ordered TPMS sensors for the set then the OEM tires will be mounted and I'll be able to try them out. 16.35lbs and verified myself. I wanted a similar look to the SVT EAP wheels as I have them on my '02 Focus and love them but I wanted something quite a bit lighter than stock.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Cool thanks Dave. Now to decide on tires brand and sizing lol

I have tried a lot of different brands over the years.
For the track, I like my Toyo 888s.
However for the street as a daily driver I have had a very hard time finding a tire that gives as much grip and 25k miles of ware as the OE Bridgestone.
There are many fine tires out there.
Some give good grip and some give good ware but again it is hard to find one that gives both.

Dave

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I know for a fact i want all season tires. Wish there were some decent A/S tires in 215/40 cause 205/40 is too thin and 205/45 is too tall even tho i like the look and comfort, dont wanna add that big of rotational mass. 215/40 is a perfect size. May end up trying those General Altimax HP GT tires since they got great reviews. After all this is a purely street driven car.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Can anyone comment on the use of tpms with the rally (focus svt) wheels? The ford racing site shows the regular and black versions of the focus svt wheels are not compatible, but does state however the Fiesta version (m-1007-fa) is tpms compatible.

Also from my looking the Fiesta versions seem to be a darker silver compared to the rally/focus svt wheel. Does this seem to be the case?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As I have stated above I have used both the Argent (SVT) wheels and the Black (FR-RS) wheels on my two Fiestas.
Both with the OE TPMS and everything fits and works just fine.

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Interesting to know. Thanks for the info. Wonder what the ford racing site means by that then...
That I cannot answer.
However I assure you that they do work.
You can see in the below (in sig) the wheels are on the car and the TPMS works.
In fact it just alerted me of a low tire last week.

Dave

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ford used similar wheels on their 2008-2011 Focus SES models and those models all have TPMS.

Can anyone comment on the use of tpms with the rally (focus svt) wheels? The ford racing site shows the regular and black versions of the focus svt wheels are not compatible, but does state however the Fiesta version (m-1007-fa) is tpms compatible.

Also from my looking the Fiesta versions seem to be a darker silver compared to the rally/focus svt wheel. Does this seem to be the case?

Not sure if you saw my car but I'm running the svt wheels with 205/45/17 tires. If you were closer to Ohio, I'd sell them to you. I think they look GREAT - I just want 16" wheels now.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Not sure if you saw my car but I'm running the svt wheels with 205/45/17 tires. If you were closer to Ohio, I'd sell them to you. I think they look GREAT - I just want 16" wheels now.

Are you lowered in that photo? That looks good.

What 16 inch are thinking about getting?

No I'm not... That's one benefit of the 45 profile tire... Sidewall gap is lessened. Looks way better than 205 40. As others have said though... You feel the larger diameter

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I ended up ordering 16" pro race 1.2 wheels last week from PCM. Cant go back to heavy wheels after riding on my Rota Grids.

MOFiST

Wow they actually look big for 17's. Any rub with the higher side wall?

No I'm not... That's one benefit of the 45 profile tire... Sidewall gap is lessened. Looks way better than 205 40. As others have said though... You feel the larger diameter
Hey dale, just wanted to know what you meant by : you feel the larger diameter ? Does it accelerate slower, does it rub or ?

Thanks !

No, they never rub. When I say you feel the larger diameter, yes my perception is that you feel a slight bit of sluggishness when starting from a stop. However the 205/45 looks better and certainly has ride quality improvements.

I'll post more pictures when I get home; that picture is somewhat misleading as to ride height and overall look.