Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anybody have a GTX2860R?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I want to see a video of the lag and just to see how it does. Very curious, or a video of a modded stock turbo would be cool too!
I know this info has been posted on the web since May but thought it might be helpful / useful to see 2 different Turbo upgrade paths verses actual dyno results verses 1/4 times posted...

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade achieved 12.4 sec at 110+ mph quarter-mile drag time...

Performance Upgrades:
- ATP Turbo Bolt-on Garrett Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade
- ATP Intercooler
- ATP Downpipe
- ATP High Flow Charge Pipe (Hot Side)
- Cobb ATR Tuning File Rev. C. by Braden

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-009&Category_Code=FIE

[video=youtube;ejN0ZpWBWZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejN0ZpWBWZo[/video]

[HR][/HR]
I still think I'd prefer and would be very pleased with either the GT2554 or GT2560R though...

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST, 265+ whp & achieved 13.0 sec at 104.91mph quarter-mile drag time

Performance Upgrades:
- ATP Turbo Bolt-on Garrett Stage 1 GT Turbo Upgrade
- ATP Intercooler
- ATP Downpipe
- Cobb ATR Tuning File Rev. B by Braden

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-007&Category_Code=FIE

[video=youtube;GxSWgxzy-EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSWgxzy-EQ[/video]

OP
H
Thread Starter #22
I know this info has been posted on the web since May but thought it might be helpful / useful to see 2 different Turbo upgrade paths verses actual dyno results verses 1/4 times posted...

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade achieved 12.4 sec at 110+ mph quarter-mile drag time...

Performance Upgrades:
- ATP Turbo Bolt-on Garrett Stage 3 GTX Turbo Upgrade
- ATP Intercooler
- ATP Downpipe
- ATP High Flow Charge Pipe (Hot Side)
- Cobb ATR Tuning File Rev. C. by Braden

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-009&Category_Code=FIE

[video=youtube;ejN0ZpWBWZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejN0ZpWBWZo[/video]

[HR][/HR]
I still think I'd prefer and would be very pleased with either the GT2554 or GT2560R though...

ATP Turbo Fiesta ST, 265+ whp & achieved 13.0 sec at 104.91mph quarter-mile drag time

Performance Upgrades:
- ATP Turbo Bolt-on Garrett Stage 1 GT Turbo Upgrade
- ATP Intercooler
- ATP Downpipe
- Cobb ATR Tuning File Rev. B by Braden

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FIE-007&Category_Code=FIE

[video=youtube;GxSWgxzy-EQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxSWgxzy-EQ[/video]

A low 13 high 12 second fiesta is fast i dont see me needing to be an 11 or faster i just want more power and something thatll beat alot of cars or surprise alot. I think the cyborg turbo is great but im high up (Las vegas) so the gt2554 might be my upgrade path.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
ATP left a lot of mods out of the list. Not trying to nit pick here, but... The car has mods they don't mention to the car that ran 13.0-13.40. I ran 13.3@104mph with a 2.1 60ft time. With slicks and this instant power turbo, that's an easy 12sec run.

Here is the thing.... I don't think ATP gave the GT turbo its fair shake. I think with the right setup, it can/will do much better. If I can go 13.3@104mph on a turbo with a 38mm turbine wheel, I have a hard time believing they couldn't do almost any better with a 45++mm turbine wheel. I think they just got it running well, and then moved to the bigger turbo(s). The entire everything cyborg turbo is $1400.00. That's around 1/2 the cost of the REAL cost total of an ATP total turbo setup. So its not I want to dis-credit of talk down to the ATP. For me personally.... This car is freaking awesome the way it is with 230-245+whp and instantly response and stock-like reliability. But I would like to see some OTHER PEOPLE go the ATP route and EFR route, it just isn't going to be me. Spend a little time under the car looking at the axles, hubs, and general size of EVERYTHING and tell me that looks like a setup meant to handle 300whp for 5 years, lol.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
A low 13 high 12 second fiesta is fast i dont see me needing to be an 11 or faster i just want more power and something that'll beat alot of cars or surprise a lot....the gt2554 might be my upgrade path.
Agreed...I too am leaning more towards the GT2554R than the 2560 now...This would be way more than enough for me considering that I primarily use my FiST as a daily driver...Also nice to see that Cobb did the tuning on this to support this upgrade path...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yea cobb did the tuning on it, now ask them to share it with you, lol. It wasn't cheap, lol. I think randy and a few others have quoted people $500 to tune an ATP setup.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
yeah I wasn't expecting Cobb to just give away the tune! LOL

My plan is to get it ProTuned by Cobb after they install the turbo...thats about a few months away for me though....

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
It will take much more tuning than what has been done;)
Yeah I agree...However, its a very good "baseline" tune to start with for the turbo upgrade...

And if I purchase this turbo upgrade through Cobb and have them install it their Pro-Tune's are usually half the normal cost and since they would be installing it its also nice to know that they do back all their work ...I'll probably need to leave the FiST with them for a few days...

Just glad to see that we do have a number of turbo upgrade paths and options to choose from...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
For that kind of money I would go with the EFR and hook up the water cooling lines as well.

I can make my own DP, turbo mount, etc.....and still spend less, I have a great price lined up on the EFR when ready but I am talking to a tuner about taking my car there and building this together which would be great fun:)

But, I love the Cyborg and am going to do an E30 tune next, Torco tune making good HP but spooling up a bit slow and lower torque so going to test with and without the cat to ensure it is not an issue.

I am with SS on this, there is only so much power this car hand take and be expected to hold up for long term use, the parts are just not there to take a ton of power and abuse. For those that are more concerned with power over reliability, go for it:)

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
you make a good sales pitchman for the Cyborg! ;)

Just glad we do have a few options to choose from! And I've got a few months to decide which path I'd like to take...

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
And SS is wanting to see this as well, more options, he is glad to see more options and the EFR on my car if I go that route but not until I get all I can out of the cyborg:)

I never had a need for big power, just a well sorted out car with the power to finish balance it out and and reliability to boot.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I forgot I had, I will clean it up, thanks.

These are the good old days, even better than ever, I just have a lot of memories of great times and creating more memories while living fully now:)

looking at the torque curve from ATP, it looks like my turbo spools as fast as the GT turbo.
The tubular manifold is probably the reason for that.
I have full boost at 4000rpm. Is that not also where I have full torque? Whats the relation between torque and boost?
I have only 1.4 bar so its not exactly full boost for the turbo, but its comparable to the GT turbo right?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That's not much boost on that turbo. Are you just trying to keep the power down? Is it limited by octane ?

A long long time ago, an Incredibly reliable source told me ATP was running 28+psi on there GTX car :)

Datalogs would be nice, but I think right now, cobb access tuner is the only option for that I THINK. Can the euro cars do datalogs? I'm LOVE to see all the info on one of those cars. Just general timing , air mass flow, charge air temps, boost, rpm, coolant temps.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
And yea, good call on the manifold helping with that spool. Honestly, I'd think the stock manifold ported would spool better than a tubular one. That being said, me of all people understand that's not always the case, and if pumaspeed says it spools the turbo's faster, then... It likely does.

No its not a lot of boost on this turbo, 1.4 bar, pumaspeed is working on a high boost tune, should be ready in a few months i hope, so im waiting on this.
I've searched for a tuning solution like cobb, but it doesnt seem to exist for the 2013 model.
I'm happy with the power i have at the moment so no rush. I have some logs with Forscan, I can log most of the important data, but timing corr. is missing,
The total timing also looks pretty safe for the stage 4 map, compared to stage 2, and i was also told it was a safe tune. That's why i suspect it might be less than 260whp.
I could post some logs later on.
28psi? 1.9bar thats a lot!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have been playing around with the idea of building a tubular manifold with the shortest equal length, smallest diameter that will work, firing order sequence, to keep it spooling quickly and add less weight. Not an easy task to accomplish and be able to get to all the places to weld it up.

That combined with the EFR would be the ultimate street/road course solution I could imagine and it would work well on the medium and probably larger GT turbo.

Far easier to build an adapter and mount a turbo like ATP does, very low cost and it would still spool really well, look at SS cyborg results, we know the stock ported manifold works really well.

If the turbo was on the front of the engine like the last manifold(and first) I built it sure would be easier.

DIY design and build, hybrid twin scroll with single WG, divided flow to valve, equal length within 1mm, firing order sequence, 50 hours of labor.
GT3276R for 2005 Scion tC, 2.4L

I purposely hung the turbo as low as possible to lower the CG as much as I could but would not have that luxury with the ST due to the space limitations on the turbine side.

Weld appearance, I paid one of the best welders in the US to TIG it up with instructions of strength over looks as it was going to see very serious use at events all over and the last thing I wanted to do was spent the time and money to travel to one and have a cracked manifold issue.

--------------------

I need to find out the proper tubing size for an EFR or one of the GT's.

If I build this I could let it be used as a prototype for others to be built or setup a GB if anybody would be interested, it would be a butt load less expensive than the EU setup being sold, hugely so!