Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Tracking at Toronto Motorsports Park

Here is some in car Go-pro footage from my first track day in the Fiesta from back in September. It was an absolutely perfect day for lapping. The car at this point is still completely stock including tires with 45,000 Km on them. By the end of the days sessions I needed brakes all the way around and my tyres are totally done.

This car is absolutely amazing on track and I can honestly say that going on track for the first before modding has made my decision on what parts the car needs much easier. It gave me the chance to see where the car was lacking and what needed to be upgraded.

The Go-por is being used on a helmet cam attached to my wonderful girlfriends head and I was actually really happy with the angle and the way the camera actual moves and is not static. Please let me know what you think of this angle. If you watch the second video the Honda in front of me almost spins out at 5:50.

[video=youtube;1ftiY7dHVkw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftiY7dHVkw&list=UUTrpWM0WlENbnFNCL5bTSjA[/video]

[video=youtube;JQHlSAIoWqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQHlSAIoWqY&list=UUTrpWM0WlENbnFNCL5bTSjA[/video]

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Music in the second video made me want to hurt somebody.

So, what parts did you learn you need to upgrade next?

OP
ChristianW
Thread Starter #3
Wheels and tires are a must so I will be getting a dedicated track set. The car definitely needs some tuning and a horsepower boost so first thing is I am going to install stage one over the winer. I will definitely end up doing the full exaust and intake. I also will be putting in a BC coil over suspension for more adjustability and I want to look into sway bar options.

One thing I did learn I don't want to rush to change is the brakes. Though they did wear out by the end, they held up very well throughout lapping. I am however going to try out some different pad compounds and see if I can find some that will last lore sessions.

very nice. BC coilovers are awesome. and upgrading wheels/tires & coilovers will make a huge difference. hawk makes a nice set of track/autocross brake pads that work pretty well too.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Great videos...I had to mute the second one to watch it. That Civic had some really good pulls on you on the straights.

OP
ChristianW
Thread Starter #6
Ya the civic had me in the sprights but he was braking far too early and running on average 5 seconds a lap slower than my best because of it. The civic was also really tuned up and thats where I really saw that Fiesta does need some work to be competitive against any FWD car with mods.

OP
ChristianW
Thread Starter #7
I do know about hawks we used them on our teams B-spec Honda Fit this year in CTCC and they are amazing pads. I just did not realize they mad a set for the Fiesta.

Have you used a set on your car yet?

XuperXero

Man, I miss TMP!!! Although I frequent Shannonville more than TMP.

I do have to agree with you on the brakes. I think stockers are definitely track worthy enough.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Wheels and tires are a must so I will be getting a dedicated track set. The car definitely needs some tuning and a horsepower boost so first thing is I am going to install stage one over the winer. I will definitely end up doing the full exaust and intake. I also will be putting in a BC coil over suspension for more adjustability and I want to look into sway bar options.

One thing I did learn I don't want to rush to change is the brakes. Though they did wear out by the end, they held up very well throughout lapping. I am however going to try out some different pad compounds and see if I can find some that will last lore sessions.
Seems like you are on track.

I really simple mod that can help a ton on this car is just getting some camber bolts for the front of the car and getting an alignment with more negative camber in the front. I believe stock it's right around -1.1 or so and going to at least -2 transforms the car.