Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Plastidiped lower rear bumper

It always bothered me that they painted this part of the bumper body color, so I fixed it. Believe it or not, it really changed the whole look of the car. Way more than I expected. I used one can of black plastidip, which resulted in about 6 coats.

Attachments

Looks good! Can you take a pic farther away from the car showing the whole profile by chance? I have a black car so this mod doesnt apply to me but it would be nice to see how it looks at a distance.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
thinking of having mine wrapped in 3M DiNoc Carbon vinyl as I don't care for the body color either. Plastidip turned out great and would be way cheaper and easier than the vinyl.

I've been holding off on doing this but after actually seeing it. I think a have a new project in the future. Thanks for sharing.

I've so wanted to do this tho didn't think you could do it on the car. I've looked everywhere on how to remove couldn't find anywhere, even went to dealership.. They didn't know what I was talking about. I wanna paint mine red. The post on this site on how to remove only talks about putting one on. Anyway,,, looks nice

XuperXero

I've so wanted to do this tho didn't think you could do it on the car. I've looked everywhere on how to remove couldn't find anywhere, even went to dealership.. They didn't know what I was talking about. I wanna paint mine red. The post on this site on how to remove only talks about putting one on. Anyway,,, looks nice

The bumper is 3 parts.

Bumper that connects to car (body colored)
Grill valance (black and sits between bumper and diffuser)
Diffuser (body colored)

Diffuser clips to Grill valance, however, there's one single use rivet on each end that you can break with pliers (from the inside to avoid scratching paint) and replace with reuseable plastic push in clips.

Grill valance clips to bumper, also the same single use rivet on each side.

Just painted my rear grill black last week.

Thanx xero, I thought it looked that simple. It just seemed clipped on there where I couldn't see.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1629]speed racer[/MENTION].

yea a few clips and screws and a bunch of tabs tha click in place.

[MENTION=1629]speed racer[/MENTION].

yea a few clips and screws and a bunch of tabs tha click in place.
thanx, tho a couple more questions. I don't have a lift nor could I see under there, is it something I could do blindly by just pulling on things or?

OP
R
Thread Starter #16
thanx, tho a couple more questions. I don't have a lift nor could I see under there, is it something I could do blindly by just pulling on things or?
What part are you looking to paint? Really, you shouldn't need to remove any part of the rear bumper to paint or Plastidip it.

What part are you looking to paint? Really, you shouldn't need to remove any part of the rear bumper to paint or Plastidip it.
Its that pert you painted, its called the rear defusser, seems easier to take off rather then masking tho yours turned out fine.

XuperXero

Nope. Best to have two people. One under the car pushing the tabs/clips and the other outside with plastic puller tools (orange tools in my pic) and pulling towards rear of car.

Not the best pic, but you can see some of the tabs/clips.

Also the annoying rivets that I destroyed with pliers.

OP
R
Thread Starter #19
Its that pert you painted, its called the rear defusser, seems easier to take off rather then masking tho yours turned out fine.
If you're gonna use Plastidip, I wouldn't remove anything. It took about 10 minutes to mask the entire thing, and I was being anal. Plus, Plastidip just peels off if you get it somewhere you don't want. I got some overspray on the top part of the bumper cover, and it just rubs off with a polishing cloth and some detail spray. Watch some of the videos from dipyourcar on YouTube.

On a side note, I wish I would've Plastidiped the honeycomb section of the cover also, so they would match perfectly. Oh well, maybe later.