Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

Not to be a dick but how is this any different than putting a freeze plug in the hose that already comes off the intake to the symposer? You already have the clamp and the freeze plug is 69 cents.

haste

1000 Post Club
I should be getting a little extra cash this week at Xmas time and will probably be picking up the black.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
Not to be a dick but how is this any different than putting a freeze plug in the hose that already comes off the intake to the symposer? You already have the clamp and the freeze plug is 69 cents.
Freeze plugs are less than 3/8" thick typically not much to clamp on. The abuse, racing, and reliability I need from a car is not worth that. If your talking about an expansion freeze plug I already talked about that above. Also this is a group buy for people that want a quality good looking product that will out last own parts on the car. For people that have went the cheap route and had things fail leaving them broke on the road, money wasted on a track day, late for work, etc it's just not worth it. Our low inertia turbos can hurt badly being driven with that big of a boost leak. They spin at speeds over 200k stock. imagine a car at 27psi and the plug coming out what kind of over spin would happen to the turbo when the wastegate shuts trying to compensate. Hopefully this answers most of the cheaper fix options.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
I should be getting a little extra cash this week at Xmas time and will probably be picking up the black.
Let me know if you want me to put your name down

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Can you post a pic of the kit installed on the car.
The op states why but the final parts are at laser. Next week I will have full install pictures and instructions

Russ

RMG

You can just install the freeze plug on the top side of the symposer. Nothing can fall through into the charge pipe and it eliminates the sound completely. This is going on the notion that you just want the sound gone and don't mind the extra air from the charge pipe going into the symposer doing nothing.

If you want an actual cut-off in the charge pipe to prevent the air from reaching the symposer then this is the way to go.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
You can just install the freeze plug on the top side of the symposer. Nothing can fall through into the charge pipe and it eliminates the sound completely. This is going on the notion that you just want the sound gone and don't mind the extra air from the charge pipe going into the symposer doing nothing.

If you want an actual cut-off in the charge pipe to prevent the air from reaching the symposer then this is the way to go.
As stated in the op this kit is meant to delete the sound symposer completely for the reasons stated in the op as well.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
Tomorrow i plan to drive to the laser etch to save some time. That way i can get the install, instructions, and final pictures done so they can ship out ASAP!

-Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Tomorrow i plan to drive to the laser etch to save some time. That way i can get the install, instructions, and final pictures done so they can ship out ASAP!

-Russ
Thanks...looking forward to getting this as I'm ready to remove that waste of space symposer. I should get this about the same time as my zeitronix eca2 so I will make a day of the installs...:)