Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #141
Plugs are all sold out! Back order will ship nest Friday!

Big thank you to everyone that purchased them! I hope you guys like the kit. Some bigger much more awesomer (not real word lol) things coming your way!

Russ

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I like more awesomer things too.

Dave

hoping to install the delete this weekend.
got a buddy coming over to have me install his Boomba STS lever in his FoST so I will make him help and be a photographer for the install. hahaha.. he owes me for all the wrenching I've done on his cars. lol

Very high quality materials. can't wait.
i have a few other mods coming in this week as well. thinking of doing this first to be able to distinguish the sound difference the best.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #146
i glimpsed over the install instructions and is the ecu unplugging really necessary?
To remove the hose that goes to the fire wall yes. There is nothing to worry about and the plugs are very easy to unhook. There is no way to remove the ECU unless the battery box it out.

Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
i glimpsed over the install instructions and is the ecu unplugging really necessary?
The first time that you remove the battery, battery tray and ecu, you will be like really? That was all. It is really simple.

The first time that you remove the battery, battery tray and ecu, you will be like really? That was all. It is really simple.
aint that the truth. lol.
i was like "really? you gotta be kidding me..."

Hey guys I was able to install mine today and didn't do the first 1-9 install instructions! Just put the car on jack stands and you can reach the 90deg fitting from underneath! I was even able to take the zip tie, add alittle heat while it's curled on your finger to make it like a hoop. then with one hand feed it up and tighten around the 90 deg fitting to secure it. Hope this helps others!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #151
Hey guys I was able to install mine today and didn't do the first 1-9 install instructions! Just put the car on jack stands and you can reach the 90deg fitting from underneath! I was even able to take the zip tie, add alittle heat while it's curled on your finger to make it like a hoop. then with one hand feed it up and tighten around the 90 deg fitting to secure it. Hope this helps others!
Awesome. That's good news I will be sure to add that in there as a way to do it. Thank you for the post! Guys don't forget to add pics! I would like to feature a few of you guys on my fb page.

Russ

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So what's the difference between yours and boombas? I want to buy a kit I just don't know much about these delete kits and which one is better.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #153
So what's the difference between yours and boombas? I want to buy a kit I just don't know much about these delete kits and which one is better.
A couple pages back I posted what the differences were but our kit deletes everything from charge pipe to firewall their kit if just to delete the box. Ours is powder coated there's is anodized. There's comes with an npt tapped hole ours you have to request you want a hole and what thread no extra charge. Ours is 35 shipped with 4-ply silicon hose two 100% stainless clamps, the plug, cap for firewall side, a decal and a zip tie to hold the factory firewall side in place. There's is the two plugs one for the factory charge pipe hose and one for the symposer hose for 31(might be more) plus shipping. I believe ours is a much cleaner install and will out last the car.

Russ

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What does the hole do and what do you mean by requesting a thread? Sorry about the questions. Just trying to see if this is worth it. I plan on getting the cobe intake and exhaust this spring.

good to know. Thanks!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #156
What does the hole do and what do you mean by requesting a thread? Sorry about the questions. Just trying to see if this is worth it. I plan on getting the cobe intake and exhaust this spring.
Well if you want a hole for like boost ref, nitrous or meth those would be different thread sizes. Ask all the questions you want!

Russ

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Well if you want a hole for like boost ref, nitrous or meth those would be different thread sizes. Ask all the questions you want!

Russ
Okay. I won't be doing any of that so I won't need a hole correct? And what would be the thread size for just a regular set up, I guess you'd call it.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #158
Okay. I won't be doing any of that so I won't need a hole correct? And what would be the thread size for just a regular set up, I guess you'd call it.
Nope they come like in the picture with no whole much cleaner that way. If you need it drilled down the road you just let me know.

Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Everything you need to delete the symposer is in this kit. It is a very quality made kit. The plug is much better made than I thought before I got the kit. It's not one of those thin aluminum plugs that I've seen some getting. This kit vs the boomba kit....well they are both quality pieces. I love boomba's stuff as well as you can see in my signature. What makes this kit, the Dead Hook Motorsport, stand out is that it replaces the clamps and hose below the symposer as well. It looks much better in stalled with that hose replaced because it is straight and much shorter. Before this kit, I had the stocker hose plugged with a pvc cap and the hose just look funny.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thanks guys. I won't be getting my exhaust or intake until the spring so I want to hear those parts installed with the factory noise before jumping on this. But it sounds great! And I like you included a video. First time I've heard a car with a delete kit, unless I'm just missing the rest.