Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Here are some pics of mine installed. If you compare yours with the symposer installed vs this, you can see that there is a ton of room added when you delete the symposer. I like less clutter :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029507.572601.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029522.722541.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029539.585774.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029554.824124.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421029573.948659.jpg

JPGC

2000 Post Club
No downsides unless you consider a slightly quieter cabin a downside. You can still hear the turbo spool, blowoff and exhaust note if you have an aftermarket intake and exhaust. Also, with this kit, there is no cutting.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
No downsides unless you consider a slightly quieter cabin a downside. You can still hear the turbo spool, blowoff and exhaust note if you have an aftermarket intake and exhaust. Also, with this kit, there is no cutting.
That's what I don't want to have to do, is any cutting or modifying any of the stock components. Just plug and play. Makes me want to get these mods now. Ha.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I've been an addict to car modifying and racing ( mostly drag racing and some autocross) for +18 years, lol. I've modded 11 cars and restored ( fully) one car. Not as much as some, but definitely a lot. It's just a hobby for me though. I don't make money off of it or compete. I just have fun with it...and spend a lot of money too, lol.

I planned on installing the delete kit today but a raging hangover prevented that from happening haha

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I too like Boomba's products.
However in this case the tapped hole is unnecessary.
Their product info is copied from their FoST part that mounts on the intake manifold side of the throttle plate.
On the FiST, the sound simposer is on the inlet side of the throttle plate.
This is just the wrong location for a boost gauge.

Dave

MOFiST

I agree with you anyway. I've tapped my boost gauge from the evap return line at the intake manifold. You just cut the shrink hose away and replace it with a teed silicon hose. Works great.