Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Sound Symposer Delete Kit

Trader history for DHM (0)

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I know the community has been waiting for a nice clean and cost effective way to delete our complete sound symposer system. Dead Hook Motorsports is happy to be the first company to bring a complete delete kit to the FiST market!

]

Capping off the interior side. The kit will include a cap and zip tie for this.

Here is a video we put together for those that want to know what there car will sound like with this delete. Our test car is 100% with a custom DHM tune. The only mod is our Sound Symposer Delete Kit.
[video=youtube;Gk4ETAyPb7A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk4ETAyPb7A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

For those that are not to sure what the sound symposer does or what it is for here is a good quote from Ford that describes the purpose of the sound symposer:

"The 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine in new Ford Focus has been acoustically tuned to
produce an impressively sporty growl under hard acceleration. It features special
technology that filters out unwanted engine noises, while funnelling pleasing sounds
straight inside the car for maximum driver enjoyment.
" -Ford

Removing and blocking the sound symposer off has it advantages:

- Higher boost levels could break the internal diaphragm and cause boost leaks
- Less engine bay clutter
- Gets rid of artificial engine sound (allows you to hear what the engine really sounds like)

Our kit is quick and easy to install and will allow you to go right back to stock just as fast!

Our kit is the only one on the market that includes everything to delete the sound symposer system from firewall to charge pipe!

We can drill and tap the plug for you if requested for add on's such as; Meth, Nitrous, or boost reference.

The kit break down is as such:

- (Qty:1) 6061 Billet Aluminium Plug (powder coated for corrosion protection)
- (Qty:1) Black 4 Ply Silicon Hose
- (Qty:2) 100% Stainless Steel Liner Hose clamps (liner protects silicon hose)(most SS hose clamps have zinc bolts still; however our 100% SS clamps cost a little more but will not corrode)
- (Qty:1) Black chemical resistant cap
- (Qty:1) Long Zip Tie
- (Qty:1) Dead Hook Motorsports Green Decal (also available in pink if specified before shipping)
- (Qty:1) Detailed Instructions

Detailed instructions! Click me!

Pricing

$35.00 Shipped (Lowest priced kit on the market)anywhere state side. International shipping available, contact for quote.

Payment

Paypal: deadhooktuning@gmail.com

Black = Not Paid
Green = Paid

Back in Stock!! SHIPPING 1/21/15!!

Black Plug

Green Plug

If you would like a different color please let me know.

Seller Rating and Feed back! (Click Me)

We take pride in every part and project we do. We will continue to give the ST community parts and service we want and need. Please keep in mind that i am working with Mods and waiting to become an official vendor as Dead Hook Motorsports is a LLC and a business i am trying to grow with the ST market. Please join our Facebook page for updates as well as some cool posts once and a while!

www.facebook.com/DeadHookMotorsports

Thank you

-Russ
Dead Hook Motorsports LLC
DeadHookTuning@gmail.com

JPGC

2000 Post Club
The colored letters and numbers don't show up on Tap-A-Talk, btw. :)..At least not on mine. I'm good now though since I switch to the Google chrome.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
The colored letters and numbers don't show up on Tap-A-Talk, btw. :)
Ill pull it up on my phone now. They were all black before i just changed it.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I might be interested if Jpgc is lol
Dammit, spending more money, lol. Caught me at the right time as I was contiplating this today. I was going to just get a pcv plug, but this looks better and I'm OCD....imma get it.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Dammit, spending more money, lol. Caught me at the right time as I was contiplating this today. I was going to just get a pcv plug, but this looks better and I'm OCD....imma get it.
What color do you want ill put you down for one! I made these like this just for that reason we needed something that looks good to delete the sound symposer!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Wow, that thing cost 7x more than an expansion plug.
Im kinda glad someone brought that up. I want to make some points and do not want this to be a big discussion in this group buy.

The expansion plug is a cheap fix to plug the hole that seems to work for most people as of now. Made from very cheap zinc coated steal and poor quality rubber. If any one as seen one of these plugs after 5 years or so they dry rot, start to rust and almost always start to lose tension. They are held together by a nut and bolt if they ever came lose for any reason there is only one place for those parts to go your engine! If the rubber dry rots the rubber goes into your engine and it creates a boost leaks that leaves you stranded. Also my car on 93 oct right now is at 27-28psi of boost and i am not to sure if i would trust a expansion plug in a smooth bore to hold on pull after pull day after day year after year. I drive my car hard, very hard and i expect it to run perfect everytime. If $35 is the cost of that then sign me up.

Plus this thing looks way better!

-Russ

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I...actually, you have some valid points. Touch?.

Is this really happening? This forum won't let me use t-o-u-c-h-e?