Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Fiesta ST debadging

AzNightmare

lol, i removed mine within the first week. I accidentally cracked the top part of the "F" though.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
^^^Where'd ya get that?? [dunno]
I found them online sold separately but forget where........The pic is old, ST badge is Yellow now.

This is from Levittown Ford where I shop.....even Mountune is discounted.

Ford Performance Parts ? Shop Parts by Category ? Ford Performance Appearance and Dress-Up
$69.00
MSRP: $99.00
Savings: $30.00 (30%)
Ford Racing Fender Badge
Ford Racing Fender Badge
Powered by Ford classic fender badge.
Includes 2 badges
Chrome plated 3-dimension nameplate with red, black and blue accents
Badge measures 5 5/8" long by 1 5/8" high
Self-adhesive backing designed for application on flat surfaces
Alternate number M16098PBFR

- See more at: http://www.levittownfordparts.com/ford-racing-fender-badge-p-3464.html#sthash.5EPcD0w1.dpuf

Last edited:
Since Iā€™m new I searched for debadge and found this topic. I used the dental floss and the Fiesta emblem literally seemed ready to fall off anyway. I got the heat gun out but never needed it. A little pulling on the floss and the emblem came off in one piece. Instead of using heat to remove sticky tape, I used Goo Gone. Sprayed the tape with some paper towels under it to catch runs. Let it sit and picked a little at a time. Resprayed a couple times and within 5 minutes the tape came right off with any scraping needed. Washed area with car wash soap and it was good as new. CCBD2DDF-FEB8-4C00-BC93-28A2977EC86E.jpeg

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #30
Since Iā€™m new I searched for debadge and found this topic. I used the dental floss and the Fiesta emblem literally seemed ready to fall off anyway. I got the heat gun out but never needed it. A little pulling on the floss and the emblem came off in one piece. Instead of using heat to remove sticky tape, I used Goo Gone. Sprayed the tape with some paper towels under it to catch runs. Let it sit and picked a little at a time. Resprayed a couple times and within 5 minutes the tape came right off with any scraping needed. Washed area with car wash soap and it was good as new. View attachment 24405
Looks great!

Since Iā€™m new I searched for debadge and found this topic. I used the dental floss and the Fiesta emblem literally seemed ready to fall off anyway. I got the heat gun out but never needed it. A little pulling on the floss and the emblem came off in one piece. Instead of using heat to remove sticky tape, I used Goo Gone. Sprayed the tape with some paper towels under it to catch runs. Let it sit and picked a little at a time. Resprayed a couple times and within 5 minutes the tape came right off with any scraping needed. Washed area with car wash soap and it was good as new.
I replaced my ST badge today (last owner had a white sticker over it and I wanted the original red, and while peeling off the sticker it pulled up the red). I didn't have any floss so I just carefully got under the corner with a pocket knife and slowly kept lifting until it pulled away. Like you, I used goo gone on the residue, and it worked perfectly fine. Wetted it down with the goo gone and waited a few minutes and all the gunk came right off. Wiped the section briefly with soapy water then dried it well, and the new badge went on just fine.
20220801_201051_2.jpg

Debadged my Fiesta ST today, figured I should do a how to for anyone who is interested in removing the Fiesta logo as well.

Items Needed:
1) Hair Dryer
2) 2-3 feet of dental floss
3) 2-3 Microfiber towels
4) Car polish
5) Wax Applicator Pad

Step 1 - Make sure your hatch is clean.

Step 2 - Get about 2 to 3ft of dental floss and fold it in half so you can double its strength.

Step 3 - Lay a couple of towels along the bumper just in case the badge breaks while debadging.

Step 4 - Use a hair dryer to heat up the badge, be careful as to not hold it too close to the paint. Keep it about 5 inches away.

Step 5 - As soon as the badge gets warm to the touch, you can slide the floss underneath the badge and in a zig-zag motion pull the floss back towards you.

Step 6 - Gently lift the badge away.

Step 7 - Remove the remaining double-sided tape. You may need to use the hair dryer to warm up the double-sided tape before removing.

Step 8 - Apply a small amount of polish to ensure you remove all the tape residues.

Step 9 - Buff the polish away.

Step 10 - End result.

My Fiesta Emblem, half came off in the wash. So I was thinking of removing it completely. Realistically, it will most likely come off again even if do put it back on. Thanks for posting this. Like many of you I get people asking what kind of car it is. As a hot hatch by definition it already a bit of a sleeper and not as iconic as a Mustang, Corvette, etc. Removing the Fiesta Emblem should add to the mystique. lol

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Debadged my Fiesta ST today, figured I should do a how to for anyone who is interested in removing the Fiesta logo as well.

Items Needed:
1) Hair Dryer
2) 2-3 feet of dental floss
3) 2-3 Microfiber towels
4) Car polish
5) Wax Applicator Pad

Step 1 - Make sure your hatch is clean.

Step 2 - Get about 2 to 3ft of dental floss and fold it in half so you can double its strength.

Step 3 - Lay a couple of towels along the bumper just in case the badge breaks while debadging.

Step 4 - Use a hair dryer to heat up the badge, be careful as to not hold it too close to the paint. Keep it about 5 inches away.

Step 5 - As soon as the badge gets warm to the touch, you can slide the floss underneath the badge and in a zig-zag motion pull the floss back towards you.

Step 6 - Gently lift the badge away.

Step 7 - Remove the remaining double-sided tape. You may need to use the hair dryer to warm up the double-sided tape before removing.

Step 8 - Apply a small amount of polish to ensure you remove all the tape residues.

Step 9 - Buff the polish away.

Step 10 - End result.

It looks so mint/factory original that I didnt even notice the Fiesta nameplate missing the first 4 times I look at the photos.