Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wavetrac LSD in development for the Fiesta ST

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks, I read that before but just read it all again:)

It would be great to know if it would be easier on the front brakes as I burned up most of a $250 set of pads in two track days but I had not installed cooling ducts, running on 225 slicks and drove the crap out of the car, late hard breaking, threshold as well, I am pretty hard on brakes.

If it was indeed easier on pads it would pay for itself pretty quickly.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IF I could find someone I trusted enough to do the install, for less than twice the price of the unit itself, I would already have one waiting for the car to arrive. ;)
(A DIY for this is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE for me where I now live, even IF I otherwise had all of the tools and skills/manuals/etc. necessary.)

In the posts above someone mentioned that CP-E does this install??

If so, I guess a stay over road trip south, to the Old Line State is in my future plans. :)

JasonHaven

[MENTION=4438]M-Sport fan[/MENTION] , Send a message to [MENTION=2728]CP-E Mitch[/MENTION] or [MENTION=2905]www.cpe.com[/MENTION] (I think those are the user names)

Siestarider

Based on what I read about Wavetrac, I was ready to buy one. Joe at 2J talked me into the Quaife, because the latter has a solid track history and Wavetrac does not. Quaife had some failures on track before strengthening some parts. I took the conservative route and installed the Quaife. Wonderful track mod, best one I have made to date.

I have also searched for a method of logging TVC intervention, but based on brake temp paint and pad wear, brakes run cooler and pads last longer with LSD. I believe the LSD removes a lot of TVC intervention that otherwise occurs on track.

I also suspect it would take a very sensitive driver to tell the difference between different brands of Torsen LSD tracking the Fist.

Although I seldom invoke it on street, I pulled a quick 6-lane U tonight, under full throttle, felt both fronts loose traction at 4K rpm in second gear, no drama, no steering antics, just pulled on strong with a little feathering and pulled free of the thundering herd bearing down on me.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Wonderful track mod, best one I have made to date.

I have also searched for a method of logging TVC intervention, but based on brake temp paint and pad wear, brakes run cooler and pads last longer with LSD. I believe the LSD removes a lot of TVC intervention that otherwise occurs on track.

I also suspect it would take a very sensitive driver to tell the difference between different brands of Torsen LSD tracking the Fist.

Although I seldom invoke it on street, I pulled a quick 6-lane U tonight, under full throttle, felt both fronts loose traction at 4K rpm in second gear, no drama, no steering antics, just pulled on strong with a little feathering and pulled free of the thundering herd bearing down on me.
I personally think that it would be a great street mod as well, and not just to save the pads/rotors from TVC wear.

The Quaife SHOULD HAVE BEEN a factory installed option, which I would have gladly spent an extra $1500.00 on, unlike those useless (to me) $2000.00 Recaros. [wink]

I agree with your assessment that few would be able to tell the differences between any of the 3 diffs available for this platform, but it still would be nice to have it lock even when one wheel is traction-less. ;)