Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dead Hook Motorsports Shifter Extension Optons

best shifter extension length

• 2.0"

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • 2.5"

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 3.0"

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 3.5"

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Guys i will be releasing a new product that i have seen a few people say they want. We will be making billet 4130 Shifter Extensions. I want to know what you guys think length wise would be the best.

Also feel free to toss around ideas, color, bend angle, etc

I plan to use a 15-20 deg bend. We are not sure yet but want to test it in the car. We will have a mock up part in a week.

This is the basic lay out with no threads or bends but gives you an idea of how it will go over the lock out and give your hand a nice area to engage reverse.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Also if a mod sees this can they fix the fat finger were i spelled length wrong in the poll title lol.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I like this idea, but I wouldn't be able to use it unless it had a reversed bend to it since I have the boomba short shifter. The shifter has a bend in it and would amount to too much angle with an extension.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I like this idea, but I wouldn't be able to use it unless it had a reversed bend to it since I have the boomba short shifter. The shifter has a bend in it and would amount to too much angle with an extension.
Can you send me some good photos of your shifter? In 3rd and 4th gear from the side so i can get an idea of the angle on that short shifter. I really do like it and wanna make sure the shifter extensions work ok both stock and with the boomba.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Awesome! I think the design i have will still work for you. You can clock is any way you want. So if you went toward you/ reverse the angle you have now i think it would be good. Maybe when i get the mock up done i can send it to you?

Russ

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Awesome! I think the design i have will still work for you. You can clock is any way you want. So if you went toward you/ reverse the angle you have now i think it would be good. Maybe when i get the mock up done i can send it to you?

Russ
That would be fine, just let me know. I could shoot some pics of it reversed and normal, then send it back to you.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
As having a DIY short shifter, shorter than what is being sold, and raised shifter base, and raced using it this setup, it works really well but when I tested a 3" extension on the top of the lever it added add to much throw to the shift length so I voted 2".

Having the bend is a good idea as it can be clocked as you mentioned, I would have to clock it forward as I sit close up when racing.

MOFiST

I've got a Boomba oval knob and I wouldn't want to go too much higher.
I would like a bend though. Following with interest. [cool]

serenahope

I like the idea but I'm having trouble understanding how reverse would be engaged. I have small hands and struggled getting reverse as it is.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I like the idea but I'm having trouble understanding how reverse would be engaged. I have small hands and struggled getting reverse as it is.
with small hand this would be easier because you would grab the reverse lock out and bar only for engaging reverse. Right now your probably trying to grab reverse and the knob at the same time. My GF has the same issue. I showed here to grab the side around the bar and the lock out to grab reverse.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
Any updates for us Russ? ;)
Yes the material is at the machine shop! I had my grandfather and best friends dad pass away on the same day last week so I have had some other things going on but promise more updates soon.

Russ

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Yes the material is at the machine shop! I had my grandfather and best friends dad pass away on the same day last week so I have had some other things going on but promise more updates soon.

Russ
So sorry to hear that!

And thanks for going out of your way to update us...

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
So sorry to hear that!

And thanks for going out of your way to update us...
No problem I have been slow with updates making more symposer plug kits, this shifter, modding a turbo smart bov for my car, and a couple other projects for you guys!

Russ