Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Sound Symposer Delete for Fiesta ST

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
We are excited to announce our complete Sound Symposer Delete kit for the 2014+ Fiesta ST!

This direct bolt-on kit deletes and blocks the sound symposer from your 14+ Fiesta ST, cutting off the artificial drone noises being directed into the car's cabin, instead allowing you to hear your engine and exhaust tones as they should be. Included is this kit are an aluminum block-off plate and a delrin hose plug, both of which are precision CNC machined from high quality material with laser engraved Boomba logos. The block off plate features a threaded 1/4 NPT port and plug, allowing for allowing the end user to connect whatever aftermarket accessories they desire, such as our in-development catch can. This kit is also must-have for those higher horse power builds, where the increased boost levels could break the internal diaphragm of the OEM symposer components and cause boost leaks. Installation is simple and as well as completely reversible. The block?off plates are available in Natural aluminum as well as black, red or blue anodized.

MSRP: $39.99

http://www.boombaracing.com/fiesta-st-sound-symposer-delete/

[video=youtube;0GeyryWvB90]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GeyryWvB90[/video]

I'll replace the one I already have on the way if this becomes bundled with the boomba oil catch can. Wishfully speaking.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
This is very interesting.
As most of you know, I like gadgets and I may want to get one of these and I have been very happy with Boomba products so far.
I was just hoping for 20% on the group buy.

But wouldn't boost info be more accurate from the intake manifold?
I would think that when you close the throttle plate you would see an instant rise in boost pressure that would not be meaningful.

I ask because I just don't know.

Dave

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I believe you are correct Dave. There is a kit that taps off the intake that several vendors sell. Also. An aluminum BOV blanking plug is only $17.00 through Amazon. I made this comment on the other thread about the symposer delete and was asked to remove it.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A good use for the 1/4 NPT hole would be to monitor Charge Air Cooling Temp.
As I am thinking of using a dual purpose gauge, Boost/ CACT.
What range of air temp. would be seen here?

Dave

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
No, I was going to combine Boost and CACT.

Dave

MOFiST

I thought the Boomba cap was post intercooler. Isn't charge temp normally measured pre intercooler?
Edit I see you mean CAC cooling temp...

HaveBlue83

I thought the Boomba cap was post intercooler. Isn't charge temp normally measured pre intercooler?
Edit I see you mean CAC cooling temp...
Charge air refers to the charge of air going into the manifold. post intercooler is what the engine sees. thats what i monitor.

MOFiST

Charge air refers to the charge of air going into the manifold. post intercooler is what the engine sees. thats what i monitor.
I do get the TLA jargon mixed up i will admit. I know we don't have a temp sensor post compressor (pre I/C) as I remember [MENTION=62]Sekred[/MENTION] installing his own probe to do this job.
When you say you monitor it I assume you mean with an accessport?
It was my understanding the TIP sensor (post I/C) is dual function & has a temp sensor in it as well.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
It was my understanding the MAP (tip) sensor is dual function & has a temp sensor in it as well.
Yes, that would be the TCBP/CACT sensor in the plastic pipe after the intercooler, before the throttle body.

Dave

HaveBlue83

Yeah that guy....and that monitor is named "charge air temp" in the Accessport monitors menu.

That stock intercooler is shitty lol

MOFiST

Yes, that would be the TCBP/CACT sensor in the plastic pipe after the intercooler, before the throttle body.

Dave
So what would TCBP stand for? Another string of letters i need to remember lol [giddy]
Also "charge air temp" in accessport is inferred. It has to be there's no sensor.
That would be a useful spot to monitor as it would show how much temps at the CAI or POD really matter.
I'm thinking our little turbo is the main heat source.