Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How-To: Fiesta ST Fog Light Replacement

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Added some LED foglights to my Fiesta ST today.

Items Needed:
1) Small Philips screwdriver
2) H11 Bulbs
3) Pair of rubber gloves
4) Jack or Ramps to elevate the car

Step 1 - Lift the car using a jack or ramps.

Step 2 - Removing the passenger side bulb is fairly easy, there is enough clearance to untwist the bulb without removing any covers. Turn it left to remove the bulb.

Step 3 - Removing the driver side bulb requires you to remove a single fastener to the fender liner for added clearance.

LED Bulb vs Halogen Bulb - As you can see the bulb on the left is much brighter than the halogen.

Final Results

Great how-to

How do you get the fogs to be on while keeping the headlights off?

Great how-to

How do you get the fogs to be on while keeping the headlights off?
The fogs can be turned on in evey position except off and auto during daylight(off)
By turning to parkings you can turn them on

How is the light output compared to halogen is it well defined and does it go as far

The fogs can be turned on in evey position except off and auto during daylight(off)

How is the light output compared to halogen is it well defined and does it go as far
Well my headlights are on no matter what position my switch is on, I suppose thats because the the DRL's that Canadian cars have to have.

So I guess the right question is; Did anyone figured out how to cancel the DRL's or how to activate the fogs as DRL's insteads of the actual headlights?

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Froctor, try this and let me know if it works.

+2012 Fiesta. Remove Fuse F-23 from the ENGINE COMPARTMENT fuse box. Absolutely no side effects such as Chimes, lights, etc. DRLs are gone and lights function normally with the switch. This could possibly apply to previous years.
fiesta-st-engine-fuse-box.jpg

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7

I'll take some night time pictures for you. It's definitely a lot brighter than the halogens.

Well my headlights are on no matter what position my switch is on, I suppose thats because the the DRL's that Canadian cars have to have.

So I guess the right question is; Did anyone figured out how to cancel the DRL's or how to activate the fogs as DRL's insteads of the actual headlights?
Well with the ebrake on the drl wont come on

Froctor, try this and let me know if it works.

View attachment 206
I did look into that yesterday.

In my owners manual, the F-23 fuse is labbelled as ''right side ext lights''. So I did not try to remove it as I doubt it will cancel the DRL's only.

I have a french version of the owner's manual, sometimes translation can be wrong but I did not find any other fuse labbeled DRL's or anything close to that.

Would anyone be nice enough to post the fuse location/description page from their owners manual? (Page 189 in mine) I'd like to have an english copy of it, it's sometimes easier to find what you need.

I like the look of the LED's. Cannot wait for a proper HID light system to arrive. The current ones offered are what I call a bodge job - you have to cut out the back to make the projectors fit. I would prefer not to start hacking it up a week after I get it so I will wait for the proper kit to be available. But I can put in those LED's right away

DaveG99

just installed my xenondepot LEd h11 bulbs into the fog lights. The look awesome. Thanks for the write up. Now to change out all the interior lights.

KKaWing

Dragging this up again. Anyone notice on the Diode Dynamics site that the fog fits both the Fiesta and the 86 (and a whole lot of other cars...). So basically the mounting tabs are the same. If that's the case, OLM (Subispeed/FT86SpeedFactory brand?) has a projector housing kit. Thoughts?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
You can also get to the fog lights from the top, after removing the headlamps. So if you're already replacing your headlight, turn sig, marker light bulbs, this will save you the trouble of jacking up the vehicle.

anticon

I replaced the stock bulbs with some Auxbeam F-16 H11 LEDs. On my 2017, I just removed the two torx screws on the inside of each fender and I was able to get in there to pull the bulb out and put in a new one. The new bulbs have a dongle for anti-flicker and CANBUS so I installed it, and left it loose in there in a little indent inside the fender below the fog light. No ramps required, I just turned the wheel to get it out of the way enough to get a torx bit on a flexible connection in there. I left the lowest fender clip in place.