Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SKittle torture test on cyborg turbo

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
this is on 93oct, boost reduced in 1st 2nd and just a little in 3rd.
72 degrees outside.

i tired to edit it, but I just can't spend that much time on it.

Its not perfect video, but still fun. This type of thing pretty much has to be done at night, watch and you'll understand

Its gonna require some skipping

http://youtu.be/gvD__E0SKdc

[video=youtube_share;gvD__E0SKdc]http://youtu.be/gvD__E0SKdc[/video]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I know Disney World is large.
That is the biggest Autopia I have ever seen.

Dave

MOFiST

Not a car in sight. Sweet. Looks like our puny radiators can't keep up with spirited driving. Are you running a different coolant mix?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
On the second run through the curves I turned the defroster on "3clicks", then when i hit the 130mph straight, I flipped it to full blast. Peak temps after the "gotta let this thing cool down" were 230 degrees.

This thing needs a more aggressive "dumby light" if its going to be this close to over heating on the stock radiator.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Water does transfer heat better.
Might I suggest, all water with WaterWetter.

Dave

MOFiST

The German autobahn is a little bit far from Florida but these cars should be able to go full throttle for a bit without over heating. They for sure cheaped out on our radiator. Have you been looking at EGT's if the Cobb does this?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
No, you can't see Egt's. The ecu actually has a 1/2 ace "inferred" reading for valve and exhaust flange temps, but its based off flow and pre-determined things. Once you change the flow of the engine a good amount, all that goes out the window.

But... I'm sure the "state of tune" didn't help it any. More power, more heat. It would be cool to do the samething again on E30. But on e30, I'd have to drop the boost even more in 1,2,&3. I'm sure the E30 helps it run much cooler.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Funny thing... I just had Panda limit some power in first and second gear as well. Now it really hauls instead of breaking traction and going no where.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Took some more videos tonight in 1080 at 30fps instead of 720 at 60fps.

These videos were on E35.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Fun stuff, the little car with the little Cyborg that could, should and does haul butt:)

Far to many deer, some elk, rarely a moose, bear, and smaller critters here at night to go have fun, I have nearly went under a moose at 100 a few years back so I do not play here anymore:(

As for cooling I have many mods and still got a bit warm on the track during one session in 70 degree weather so ordered a Mishimoto, the closest that would fit, it was quite a bit of work but did a very good install on it and cut our more weight than I added with it I had it on hand before I knew one could order the 2-J but mine was around $230, not $900 or whatever it runs so worth the effort.

I need to call Mishimoto again to see what is going on, I have been after them to make a radiator for this car, perhaps a group buy will get them going on it????

Back to the topic, a very fun car to haul arse in, please be careful in it, most highly recommend taking it to the track:)

Rick

Edited: I just talked to Mishimoto again, they just do not see a big enough market to make one for this car but I mentioned the radiator would probably fit the cars all over the world so he is going to talk to the marketing and development people again to see what they can do. I offered to hold a GB before that but it would require hundreds of orders so I hope they reconsider and maybe even let me do a lower number GB, etc.....I do not need one, I can buy the same unit I have now and bolt it in, I just want to get something far easier to install for my fellow enthusiasts at a great price:)

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Big block ford. All alum. 638ci. Twin 101mm. No intercooler. Methanol. :)