Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

shouldbeasy's 'not a build' build.

grnmachine02

I hope! Ha!

Their work seems to be all inclusive and well detailed. The ignition corrections all seem to be very minimal initially and the car runs nice and smooth (once you fix that pesky catch can line which decided to pop off). Can't wait to get the sticky tires and see how it performs in the curves.
I've never heard anything bad about Stratified. I like that the but an emphasis on driveability and safety vs all out power. They got some business from me this morning actually.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
First revision in place - picked up 20hp - loaded up with 94 so I hope this goes smoothly. I really want to go weight the car with a full tank and me in it.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89
Few more pictures of my skid plate - now installed! (it's still missing one bolt per side but hey, it's on!)
The keen eyed will also note that I covered the middle section of the front 'lip' in black vinyl (3M Matte Black) and I do have aspirations to paint the intercooler... that may or may no happen!

And a few of the ride cleaned up

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Few more pictures of my skid plate - now installed! (it's still missing one bolt per side but hey, it's on!)
The keen eyed will also note that I covered the middle section of the front 'lip' in black vinyl (3M Matte Black) and I do have aspirations to paint the intercooler... that may or may no happen!

And a few of the ride cleaned up

N-I-C-E!!! [twothumb]

Would it be feasible to make up a real, functional, splitter (NOT just an aesthetic 'lip') which attaches to that skid plate via threaded holes, so that it can be easily removed (and then re-installed) for winter/'rallycross' type use, if you so desired?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #93
N-I-C-E!!! [twothumb]

Would it be feasible to make up a real, functional, splitter (NOT just an aesthetic 'lip') which attaches to that skid plate via threaded holes, so that it can be easily removed (and then re-installed) for winter/'rallycross' type use, if you so desired?
Thanks! I do love this car...

And your splitter idea is a great one! I have some aluminum still so I may look in to making one! I'm not 100% sold on exterior mods yet (other than colour changes) and so if I cross that bridge I may end up opening up a can of worms...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you going to run those 225/45s-17s at a lowered ride height from stock?

IF so, then let us know how badly they rub anywhere, and what you had to do to fix that.

I wanted to run that same size, but at 25" tall, I did not want to chance it, especially with one of the wide tread width versions I would want to use (the few 235/40-17s out there are a good deal shorter than these, but I thought their width would rub EVERYWHERE, and they're not ideal on an 8" wide wheel).

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
Continental Extreme Contact DW's in 225/45R17 Mounted on Rota Recce 17x8 +40. Simply perfect.

Ford Community Posts