Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

airjor13

2000 Post Club

I am interested to hear how loud it actually is, but either way I think I will buy this LOL

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #22
The best way to describe it would be imagine if the cold air intake was in the passenger seat. You can just really hear the turbo spool.

On the extension of the MAF, remember our maf only provides IAT data. So if you dont want to buy the extension harness you can simply add a quick disconnect (barrel or spade type) for the MAF and run your own set of wires. Takes about 10mins to do yourself. The remaining hoses are included in the kit.

The best thing about this intake was how consistent the power deliver was - always drawing in fresh air. Previously we'd see the power drop by more than 20ftlbs when the intake would draw in the hot engine air.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #26
Its pretty damn light. I would say, without the filter, no more than 1lb. Its a very compact piece. The filter is just 5" long

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Its pretty damn light. I would say, without the filter, no more than 1lb. Its a very compact piece. The filter is just 5" long
Thanks, and also, on your picture of the cowl vents, you have those covers that have the foam on them. My FiST didn't come with those. Was that something from factory!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
This is just my opinion, but reducing the 7' of tubing and bends and restriction between the turbo inlet and the filter is light light years better than a slightly larger tube or slightly higher flowing air filter, or a box that pulls cold air but still have 7' of tubing to travel through.

There is a reason I've been dieing to get my hands on this intake since last June !!!

I borrowed a friends airfilter/ maf adaptor a couple weeks after the 13.3 at the track and honestly, I didn't feel a gain at all, and the cyborg already makes a wicked sound FROM THE TURBO, so I actually didn't even hear any difference in air filter noise. So I wasn't even going to mess with it until i got around to ordering/building this style intake. The problem with me building it was the plastic maf adaptor was like $50 shipped. The filter would have at least $50-$60 and i was going to have to track down a correctly sized filter, and i was going to have to use more hose clamps and silicone couplers than I wanted as well. No doubt the couplers, clamps, piping, filter, maf adator, and time would have added up to way more than $150, so I'm very happy Joe made this happen, and has really produced a price that is just un-beatable. I make fun of CAI sellers because $300 for a plastic tube with a filter on it is just insane, but this piece looks like MORE than $150 worth.

It should reduce turbo lag ( although, most our turbo lag we feel is mostly tuned into the pcm, a real pro-tune ( Panda, freaktune, Randy ) would prob do more for over all turbo response ). But i think its real selling point to stock turbo owners is going to be the consistent cool air Joe mentioned.

To say I'm excited is an under-statement. :)

PS: I don't make a profit off this item either, lol.

LT Berzerker

Unfortunately I had to buy new glasses, or I'd be purchasing them... Grrr, tax return can't come soon enough!

iso100

1000 Post Club
This is just my opinion, but reducing the 7' of tubing and bends and restriction between the turbo inlet and the filter is light light years better than a slightly larger tube or slightly higher flowing air filter, or a box that pulls cold air but still have 7' of tubing to travel through.

There is a reason I've been dieing to get my hands on this intake since last June !!!

I borrowed a friends airfilter/ maf adaptor a couple weeks after the 13.3 at the track and honestly, I didn't feel a gain at all, and the cyborg already makes a wicked sound FROM THE TURBO, so I actually didn't even hear any difference in air filter noise. So I wasn't even going to mess with it until i got around to ordering/building this style intake. The problem with me building it was the plastic maf adaptor was like $50 shipped. The filter would have at least $50-$60 and i was going to have to track down a correctly sized filter, and i was going to have to use more hose clamps and silicone couplers than I wanted as well. No doubt the couplers, clamps, piping, filter, maf adator, and time would have added up to way more than $150, so I'm very happy Joe made this happen, and has really produced a price that is just un-beatable. I make fun of CAI sellers because $300 for a plastic tube with a filter on it is just insane, but this piece looks like MORE than $150 worth.

It should reduce turbo lag ( although, most our turbo lag we feel is mostly tuned into the pcm, a real pro-tune ( Panda, freaktune, Randy ) would prob do more for over all turbo response ). But i think its real selling point to stock turbo owners is going to be the consistent cool air Joe mentioned.

To say I'm excited is an under-statement. :)

PS: I don't make a profit off this item either, lol.
I can vouch for the fact that building your own is expensive and doesn't seem to add much in the way of power. It does make nice noises though.

Without shield:

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
How long is the special pricing going to last ? I plan to order this next friday. I haven't even made a payment on this car and I'm planning out mods lol

Joe, I know you run the intake with your delrin rear engine mount, so this might not be an issue, but for people running the stock engine mounts, do you think movement of the engine will cause wear and tear where the intake goes through the cowl from movement or is the connecting rubber flexible enough that it wouldn't be an issue?

I am also interested in in car audio ;)

Yeah I'm really interested to hear what this thing sounds like before purchasing. Could this intake be used on road trips without being totally ubnoxious to myself/passengers? I love turbo sounds as much as the next guy but I don't want it to be loud enough to where I can't have a conversation in the car at 70mph.

felopr

Yeah I'm really interested to hear what this thing sounds like before purchasing. Could this intake be used on road trips without being totally ubnoxious to myself/passengers? I love turbo sounds as much as the next guy but I don't want it to be loud enough to where I can't have a conversation in the car at 70mph.
i loled a little when i read the last part

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm not trying to talk anyone out of it because I'm all in on this one, but... Joe actually tried to talk me out of it when I asked him to take my money last June. If that tells you anything. But really, how hard would it be to swap the intake before a long trip?