Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

HaveBlue83

Well guys, I have been thinking about this for a week now......i told the woman about it too.....when i told her it would make the turbo noises even louder she asked me why I wouldn't want that.

Payment sent. And now I wait :D

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #85
Thank you! We use K&N filters bc they are the right size and angle, and we've never had an issue with them. But you are more then welcome to run another brand.

Brian's goes out next week. Stay tuned!

HaveBlue83

OMFG look at that sex!

bye bye injen! Sorry dude im so rocking that for my daily commute.

Mine is gonna be wrinkle black'd after i verify i like it.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #91
It actually fits so tightly the rubber base on the filter holds it in place. Its very snug. After about 4K miles of testing, I have no paint blemishes from the filter. Granted this is inside the cowl so you wouldnt see it anyway

Joe do you think there will be any issues for those of us in the snowy states? After all this snow we just got in Chicago I realized that it gets packed pretty tight into the cowl area below the wipers. You think that packed snow would impede airflow too much?

Will u still be able to use the windshield wipers? Because I see they are attached to that shield that u have to remove to gain access to cowl

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Will u still be able to use the windshield wipers? Because I see they are attached to that shield that u have to remove to gain access to cowl
Wipers are completely uneffected. They do need removed to get the upper cowl off, but its one nut to remove them.

ryst

Joe do you think there will be any issues for those of us in the snowy states? After all this snow we just got in Chicago I realized that it gets packed pretty tight into the cowl area below the wipers. You think that packed snow would impede airflow too much?
I live in Michigan, and I noticed when I park outside, it could definitely be an issue. If you ran this intake year round you would have to be very aware of the cowl and how much snow gets in there. I think a small amount would be fine, as long as it occasionally melted and drained out (there's a drain hole obviously). But IMO it's a 3 season intake for those of us in snowy states with uncovered parking.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Hydro-Shield

Injen-Hydroshield-PreFilters.jpg

"The Injen Hydro-Shield pre-filters are race proven material manufactured from highly durable polyester. Uniform micron openings allow the filtering of debris .005” or larger. The Hydro-Shield pre-filters are factory treated using an embedded hydrophobic process, which offers consistent airflow and water repellency (Please note that this item is water repellent, not water proof)"

airjor13

2000 Post Club
This might be kinda dumb but can Rod or Sour or Joe please explain how to remove the upper cowl :)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ummmmm..... Remove the covere that cover the wiper arm nuts, and remove the nuts/wipers. And then.... I don't remember. Lol. Mine has been off for about 10months...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The cowl consists of two portions; top and bottom. To remove the top, remove the wipers and six retainer clips. Be careful when removing this because you can damage the weather strips on either side of the windshield. It's best to pull them in towards the windshield to get them out. Once that's done, you'll need to remove four bolts to extract the bottom portion. You'll only see two bolts, so you have to remove the headlights to get the last two. Also, don't forget to unclip whatever check valve that is connected to it. Easy peasy.