Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

TempeST

I don't have a PM, but I had already ordered it Sunday. I got too anxious. I was just wanting to see if there was any way we could work shipping costs down.

Is this something that I could install on my new, completely stock ST with no other mods, or does it require supporting mods such as a tune? I love the concept of this intake, and the price.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Is this something that I could install on my new, completely stock ST with no other mods, or does it require supporting mods such as a tune? I love the concept of this intake, and the price.
If you have a 2016 it's not a plug n play.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

Spaceman_Spiff

That's a bummer...
What makes it not a plug and play for 2016?
I believe it has to do with an extra plug on the intake of the '16s. Mishimoto is just now coming out with an adapter for their intake for the '16s.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

LILIKE16ST

I just now stumbled upon this intake....I'd heard talk of it but I did not realize how bad ass it really was. I had originally planned a cpe (when available for the 2016) or the new mishimoto intake for the 16 combined with the big mouth inlet. This intake would do the same thing onlyuch better and much cheaper with more noise to boot! My question is I realize it isnt plug and play for the 2016 but if I were to use the adaptor from maperformance along with the harness extension could this be used on the 2016? I've heard the map adapter allows use of any 2014-2015 intake on the 2016 with a few members already having done it with injen intakes and others. I'm VERY interested in this intake. If I can verify it'll work with the map adaptor and the other extension that's needed I'm all in.... thanks!
Michael

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=4772]LILIKE16ST[/MENTION]

You would need a custom adapter for 2016 fist. This intake sits on the other side of the engine bay. Also just so you know, it is LOUD. Emphasis on loud lol. I bought sound deadening from raamaudio.com and added it to the cowl and it helped big time.

I want this intake for the performance, but definitely don't want something so loud quite yet lol. If I was single with no kids, hells yeah.

But to answer LILIKE's question, it should work with the MAF extension harness ($50) and the adapter to run 14-15 intakes on a 16 from MA Performance ($40ish).

LILIKE16ST

I want this intake for the performance, but definitely don't want something so loud quite yet lol. If I was single with no kids, hells yeah.

But to answer LILIKE's question, it should work with the MAF extension harness ($50) and the adapter to run 14-15 intakes on a 16 from MA Performance ($40ish).
thank you for answering my question. I think it should work too I just wanted to varify. From what I can see the map adapter does not even attach to the intake itself...it's kind of like a "dummy" adapter so to speak meaning everything hooks together within itself, and not to the intake, to allow the use of earlier intakes on the 16...is this correct? If so I'm sure it will work. If so I'm down...it just sucks I have to spend an extra 40 bucks over someone with a 14-15 but even still this is a MUCH cheaper option than going with one of the full intakes like the mishi or even more expensive the cpe intake (while STILL having to use said adapter) AND spending 150 on the big mouth snorkel...I'd have nearly 600 bucks in my intake setup, while with this option I'd have not even half that invested and honestly I think I might see even better results. I think the loud intake is cool...I've seen videos and I believe I could live with it...but I may go ahead and install a little sound deadening around the intake in the cowl while I'm installing it just to be on the safe side...I still believe it would sound wicked. Not only is the intake getting cool fresh air consistently, but the fact that the inlet pipe itself is probably well under half the length would help just as much if not more...with throttle response and help the turbo spool quicker. MAPerformance did a test with a long intake and short intake and the short intake spooled quicker and it was just maybe a foot or so shorter...this bad boy would FOR SURE spool much quicker. I like that it also cleans up the engine bay too. This intake is kick ass. I notice the price on the site is now up to 229...even with that and both adapters I'd still have just over 300 in it...much less than the other setup I was eyeballing with results that i'm sure would be even better...

LILIKE16ST

As far as sound you can install sound deadening all around the intake in the cowl and use something else to block off the filter from being able to directly transfer noise through the ac vents and drastically reduce noise level, as stated by a few others on here. I would look into doing something like that if you want it quieter. I believe you could get it within reach of some of the more traditional intakes as far as sound with a few simple mods like this...yea it MAY still be louder but I don't think it would be anything crazy. I know from my experience with audio systems that sound deadening can do alot more than what one might think. I can see where it would help a lot...

Here is the thread with all the info on the adapter to run earlier intakes on our 16's. It is a rip, I wish people like COBB, CPE, K&N, Injen, etc. would just make an actual intake for our cars, but $40 isn't that bad I guess.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...CE!-We-can-now-slap-on-any-dam-intake-we-want!!!!

Still for the 2JR route you're under $350 for a complete cool air intake system, and the best one at that.

I think I'm going to eventually got the COBB route withe a Big Mouth down the line.

I've seen where some guys have done the sound deadening, and many have said it works awesome. Just a little too extreme of an intake for my needs.

LILIKE16ST

Here is the thread with all the info on the adapter to run earlier intakes on our 16's. It is a rip, I wish people like COBB, CPE, K&N, Injen, etc. would just make an actual intake for our cars, but $40 isn't that bad I guess.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...CE!-We-can-now-slap-on-any-dam-intake-we-want!!!!

Still for the 2JR route you're under $350 for a complete cool air intake system, and the best one at that.

I think I'm going to eventually got the COBB route withe a Big Mouth down the line.
Ok i checked that out and I also just watched the maperformance video explaining the adatper found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lvDB9z9Ysk
So let me see if I understand this. With the 2jr the steps would be just like in that video...except instead of hooking that one part of the maperformance adapter into the intake pipe that would actually fit into the 3 foot maf extension and then THAT would plug into the 2jr intake on the opposite side of the engine bay. Is this correct? If so I have for sure found my intake....now to save the pennies lol

LILIKE16ST

By the way the Cobb is one of my top three "full length" intakes in my opinion. It would be between the cobb, the cpe and the mishimoto full length and all of which would be accompanied by the big mouth ram air snorkel. Some think that part is a cosmetic enhancement only I strongly disagree and I think it's a must if using a full length intake with a closed off filter. I believe either of those three combined with the big mouth would yield great results. Obviously the 2jr is probably the best of all performance wise not only because of the cool consistent air in draws in but the much shorter length the air has to travel. I think the cobb is one of the better looking intakes out there. I also like that it is full 3 inch all the way to the turbo. I think you'd have a great intake if you choose to go that route with the big mouth for sure [thumb]

There are two different extensions needed for the 2JR intake.

First is an extension for the wiring harness for the MAF, they're like $50 on Amazon (line somewhere in this thread) or alternatively you can cut and splice your own in for the cost of wires/connectors/etc. This harness will extend the stock connector (connects right after the intake lid on the stock system, the only electrical connection on the intake I think) to the new location across the engine bay.

The second is the MA Performance intake adapter that's required for all 16+ FiSTs. You would also have to lengthen that with some vacuum tubing I assume.

Keep in mind, I am stock and have not dealt with any of this first hand, just going off of what others have told me on here and what I've gathered doing research on this intake. Hopefully I'm not too far off...

The Cobb wins for me over the CPE in function, but the CPE is a much more aesthetically pleasing intake. The thermoplastic construction of Cobb is what wins for me...if only it came in red. I think the Cobb will perform best due to the plastic being more resistant to heat soak.

LILIKE16ST

There are two different extensions needed for the 2JR intake.

First is an extension for the wiring harness for the MAF, they're like $50 on Amazon (line somewhere in this thread) or alternatively you can cut and splice your own in for the cost of wires/connectors/etc. This harness will extend the stock connector (connects right after the intake lid on the stock system, the only electrical connection on the intake I think) to the new location across the engine bay.

The second is the MA Performance intake adapter that's required for all 16+ FiSTs. You would also have to lengthen that with some vacuum tubing I assume.

Keep in mind, I am stock and have not dealt with any of this first hand, just going off of what others have told me on here and what I've gathered doing research on this intake. Hopefully I'm not too far off...

The Cobb wins for me over the CPE in function, but the CPE is a much more aesthetically pleasing intake. The thermoplastic construction of Cobb is what wins for me...if only it came in red. I think the Cobb will perform best due to the plastic being more resistant to heat soak.
thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. The lengthening of the vacuum tubing IN ADDITION to the map adapter is the part that had me confused but now I am understanding what is needed and why thanks to your answers as well as my own research. As far as the cobb I agree with it being one of if not the best performing of the full length intakes. I think I've read somewhere where the filter itself on the cobb would perform better if it was larger and was proven to be a restriction and the addition of a larger filter in place of the supplied filter helped performance. Don't quote that as fact but I'm pretty sure I read something like that on here and it makes since.

It seems to me the maf extension harness and the map harness and some added tubing to connect the intake on the opposite side of the engine bay would be all that's needed to make this intake work on a 2016. Cost comes in just over 300 bucks in total...somewhere around 310 to be exact. Much cheaper than I'd originally anticipated having into my intake setup so that's a win as well. I honestly don't think I would mind the loud intake but if it becomes an issue I'll just add sound deadning into the cowl as well as potentially adding some sort of material on the right side of the filter as someone else indicated in this thread.

Another thing i was thinking was adding something like a snorkel to stick up just over the back of the hood to direct air into the cowl where the filter resides. Sort of like ram air funnel. Just an idea...

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Any one know for sure the correct air filter replacement part# ? If you guys saw my filter, I would be shamed.
R8-0910 or RB-0910 is what it looks like, but I can't quiet see. I already ordered the wrong filter once before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk