Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ordered !! This is gonna be interesting because some of the info that has been coming to me from cyborg owners is that a certain high dollar air intake was holding his car back. Since I'm currently, on a stock intake (cobb panel ), the results will be pretty obvious since I post so much data ;)

HaveBlue83

Im going from stock - injen - this.

I cannot WAIT to see the iat at stop n go traffic with this. Maybe i should to a back to back video.....

EDIT: oh snap glad to hear they are coming soon!

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Ordered !! This is gonna be interesting because some of the info that has been coming to me from cyborg owners is that a certain high dollar air intake was holding his car back. Since I'm currently, on a stock intake (cobb panel ), the results will be pretty obvious since I post so much data ;)
interesting. Length and filter area i presume?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Well... From what i'm hearing, on SOME high dollar air intakes ( ok one ) the filter is a restriction ( and they know this because after spending $300 on an intake, they upped the filter size and power increased, but I'm not getting into that right now ).

For me... Its about pipe size and more importantly, the over all length of the piping.

If you have a good intercooler, the air box or air filter getting head soaked in traffic is going to mean very very little since that 15 degrees or so is brought back down almost instantly the second you hit .5psi ( or before ).

But the stock piping SIZE ( in my case) is a restriction on the stock turbo, and its got to be an even bigger issue on the cyborg. The BIGGEST issue to me is still the fact the turbo's compressor blades are like 6 feet away from the area air is pulled from.

I wanted to do an experiment where I took a filter and bolted it directly to the turbo, moved the MaF to right before the throttle body and tested that. It would be pulling some pretty hot air, that's true, but it would also be cooling that air down via a big intercooler. Zero restriction, but warm air vs cool air but a ton for restriction with the stock system. Well... Not to sound like I'm trying to sell stuff for 2J, but this intake is the perfect happy medium for my dilemma. Coolest air possible, no relocating and boosting the MaF, almost no restriction, and reliable. The one down side is it will be loud, but hey... Jeep wranglers suck at EVERYTHING except offroading, and they seem to be pretty popular, this intake is PERFECT AT EVERYTHING, and only has one bad thing, lol.

Also. Yes.... Jeeps suck. I hate them. Jeeps suck. Lol.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #131
I would assume it would rarely, if ever get dirty. It sits in the cowl which is nearly free of dirt and debris. Also, I will show you how to quiet down the intake by a large margin with some dynomat.

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #132
FYI, we'll be posting the install instructions this week. Keep in mind, aligning the intake takes about 5min of patience, as just the right angle is required to get it to fall in place. I recommend covering the intake in blue painters tape to prevent any scratches then removing. The space is tight so just be patient when installing.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I think Sourskittle is on to something. Waitng on his review of this as it is a very intriguing product. I may actually hop on this to.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
With the dynomat (or RAAMmat *cough* Rick, give us a deal *cough*) idea in place, I might jump on this later as well.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I would assume it would rarely, if ever get dirty. It sits in the cowl which is nearly free of dirt and debris. Also, I will show you how to quiet down the intake by a large margin with some dynomat.
that was my plan from day one. I will be using RAAMmat though