Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2J-Racing Cowl Induction Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

We have put our cowl induction intake into production - $149. This is mostly for racing purposes as it creates a LOUD induction noise inside the cabin. I guess you like hearing your turbo spool, then you'll be ok with it. We created it to shield the intake from the hot induction air coming from having your intake reside by the radiator, inside the engine bay. Our intake places the filter inside the cowl, away from the engine and below the cowl vent. It also stays dry in the rain.

We took it to the track to test it under severe conditions. Lap after lap, the intake temps never rose above the ambient temps, even after 30mins at full throttle. Very impressive considering the simplicity of the intake.

Prior to heading out, we worked on the Cobb Tune via our pro tuner software. We were able to put down consistent 275-277 torque and 210-212 hp at the wheels. Excellent results with only an intake and exhaust.

WP_20141125_16_45_18_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20141125_16_44_56_Pro[1].jpg

Attachments

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Oooowh , I like it! I know that you guys say that this is recommended for race/ offroad purposes, but for those of us who wouldn't mind induction noises....have you tested it in the rain? Any issues with the filter getting wet?

OP
joe@2j-racing
Thread Starter #6
We've been running it since Sept without any issues - as a daily. There are little hoods you can keep on the cowl if you prefer and then remove them when you are racing. We ran without the hoods.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Nice, I will be getting this. Probably will wrap it with something or paint/ power coat it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ok after thinking about it for 20 seconds I'm in order placed and waiting ...
Gold wrap and a turbo blanket kit with header and dp wrap should be good to go ..

I bought this back in November but also the Cobb so I could switch between the two if this one is too loud daily

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I bought this back in November but also the Cobb so I could switch between the two if this one is too loud daily
Same thing here...I will keep the mountune for daily duties and use this for sound fun every so often and racing. Depending on the install after the trimming is done. We will see. I like to hear the car noises. Maybe swap in the mountune for longer trips. We will see in March:)

Is the wiring for the MAF part of the wiring harness or does it have a connector at both ends? I want this intake I'm just leery of cutting in to my brand-new wiring harness. One of my first cars had wiring issues that I chased the entire time I owned the vehicle and I have been gun shy of cutting wires ever since. But if I could just buy the connectors and make one to length I'm all in.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Is the wiring for the MAF part of the wiring harness or does it have a connector at both ends? I want this intake I'm just leery of cutting in to my brand-new wearing harness.
+1 on that if I don't have to cut the harness on my car I'm In lol.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=59454

Here a link to the other thread about this intake that has a listing for a harness extension to keep from having to cut the stock wires. I'm not sure that it's been tried, but I will try it when the intake ships.
Perfect I book marked the extension I will be picking up this intake for sure. This car is way to quiet stock.