Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Great Quest for Headlights

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Are the eurospec lights DOT approved? If not, and I doubt that they are, they are also not legal.

However, I don't know too many law enforcement officials that will know the difference between legal and illegal, especially since the OEM headlights will have the correct markings, since they (retrofitted HIDS) are made from DOT approved enclosures. Close scrutiny of the eurospec lights might not yield the same results.

These projectors and the Euro headlights do not have the amber reflector or light on the side. Both of these are required for DOT approval. The LHD beam cutoff of the euros still meets DOT regulations however.

... since they (retrofitted HIDS) are made from DOT approved enclosures. Close scrutiny of the eurospec lights might not yield the same results.
If they're knowledgeable enough to be looking close enough to look for "DOT" markings, then they know enough to see that they'll be modified. It's not that hard to see cut lines, plastic weld, and painted reflectors.

TheStig

Where i am in Arizona, with trucks running around with 15k "Pink" drop in HID kits in their lows, highs, and fogs. I highly doubt my lights would cause me to get pulled over lol

Chris G

Are those the same guys that are driving off the street because they can't see the road? [burnout]

TheStig

Are those the same guys that are driving off the street because they can't see the road? [burnout]
Are you asking if they are the guys with "offroad trucks" that have light bars, FOX stickers, fake beadlocks, and huge tires? Yet the tires still have titties on the side and the truck has never seen dirt in its life? If so yes those guys lol, motobros

So those HID conversion kits on our non projector headlights are a bad idea? Why? The kit is only $150 at diode dynamics

Regardless of aim, if the cutoff isn't crisp(as it should be), the light scatter can be blinding.

Regardless of aim, if the cutoff isn't crisp(as it should be), the light scatter can be blinding.
There are factory HIDs in reflectors as well (usually in cars before projectors came on the scene). While the color temperature is distracting, if done properly it's not always blinding. Cutoff in a reflector vs projector will never be as 'crisp' wether you have halogen or HID lamps. That's just the nature of the technology.

Having fitted HID in my girlfriend versa, I can tell you guys that the cut off is crisp and well aligned

But

it would look better with lenses and agree that it should be done properly
And I will not fit HID in my fiesta without proper retrofit

I have a 55W 6k HID kit installed in my FiST without retrofit projectors. They have improved visibility greatly, I haven't had anyone flash their lights at me signalling they are "blinding", and I drive past a cop shop daily that is a block from my house and haven't been pulled over. I'd say go for the HID kit if you want better visibility and don't want to spend 1k on new lights.

TheStig

We can only give advice, but if most people tell you its a bad idea, you may not want to do it. At the end of the day we all do as we please regardless of advice given from the best or worst sources.

After all this website is simply that, a resource.

Been three months and I still haven't died, killed anyone, caused national anarchy, or caused the world to spin backward on its axis. No retro fit. Vvme hids. Spend 1500 if you want to, I'll stick with my $75. It's not that serious.