Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Great Quest for Headlights

Canadian guy did you get your LEDs? Just wondering about the DRL still.
E-mailed I recieved from Xenodept.

Our LED bulbs do not have canbus built in. If you have a daytime running light you would have to wire it in to prevent flickering. The product code is CBFIX on our site for the canbus adapter.

Thanks,

John

Canadianguy can probably confirm because some do and some don't.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
E-mailed I recieved from Xenodept.

Our LED bulbs do not have canbus built in. If you have a daytime running light you would have to wire it in to prevent flickering. The product code is CBFIX on our site for the canbus adapter.

Thanks,

John

Canadianguy can probably confirm because some do and some don't.
I have not received anything yet. Once I do I will let everyone know.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If they end up flickering with DRL...I'll just sitck them in the fogs
That is a good option. Another option if this is a PWM signal is to add a capacitor (bulk cap) that will fill in the Voltage off times. Not to difficult and may give a interesting slow dim when the vehicle turns off. Again I will post my success / failures when I get the lights AND the vehicle (eta 3 weeks).

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Are you guys sure that the DRLs are the low beam?
On the '11 & '12 the DRLs used the high beam.

Dave

I spoke with Xenondepot. They have a CANBUS available soon that is plug and play with the connector, if needed. This means the lights will be on full all the time when driving in DRL mode or low beam... I'm not crazy about it. Basically it will look like we drive with low beams on all the time, one of those

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Sorry to hear that as it is a piss poor way of doing it.
With the DRLs on the low beam as you know they are on all the time thereby reducing the life of the light.
So when they do fail, your backup is the high beams and blinding people.

Dave

Yup I'm not happy with it either. And u look like a knob driving around with your headlights on when at midday. Can't we just turn it off and use our fogs as DRL?

Yup I'm not happy with it either. And u look like a knob driving around with your headlights on when at midday. Can't we just turn it off and use our fogs as DRL?
I wish... I haven't found a way to bypass this :(

Etyrnus

You do have to consider, the LEDs have a life span of ~50,000 hours. So the main thing is the appearance issue, unless you're in your car all day.

True, I've already ordered these, so I will have to wait and see. If the lighting at night is dramatically improved then I guess its worth the trade off.

Thanks for sharing, what a thorough review. Looks pretty good and I guess having the LEDs on as DRL isn't that noticeable

Good lord that review was in depth. That took some serious time lol

For those that have installed these LEDs, any issues with the Auto-On feature?

Etyrnus

I didn't initially receive a tracking number from them either. I ordered mine on a Friday and they were delivered on the following monday, and I'm in NC.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
My tracking number was not emailed but was in my order status page on their website . Got my nitro blue high beam as they were shipped direct from putco.