Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Great Quest for Headlights

Swapped out my HID's with the LED H11's from Xenon Depot today. My HID kit developed a pretty bad flicker and didn't work right with the auto setting on the knob.
Install of the new bulbs was simple, and my DRL's work perfectly again without flicker and on the auto setting. Super happy with the results.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Swapped out my HID's with the LED H11's from Xenon Depot today. My HID kit developed a pretty bad flicker and didn't work right with the auto setting on the knob.
Install of the new bulbs was simple, and my DRL's work perfectly again without flicker and on the auto setting. Super happy with the results.

Awesome. Just as I suspected the LED can handle PWM a relay on the other hand chatters on and off which HID don't like. I got my kit as well just need the car to go with it.

How did you guys spread out the aluminium heat sinks within the headlights? Also, it seems like the aluminium heat-sinks are touching the back rubber cap that seals the headlight, does that cause any problem with anyone? Will the rubber cap melt or burn because of that?

Just want to make sure I get the installation done properly.

I spread mine out in a kind of flower petal shape like it says in the install instructions. They do touch the rubber in a couple spots, so I'll check them tomorrow to make sure nothing is going to get damaged.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I spread mine out in a kind of flower petal shape like it says in the install instructions. They do touch the rubber in a couple spots, so I'll check them tomorrow to make sure nothing is going to get damaged.
mind snapping a pic when you check? I know you said like the picture, which I have, but you know more examples would be nice.

Thanks, do you mind taking a quick picture?

What did the others do?

I'll see about taking a pic when I get off work. Both of the heat sink and the rubber cap. I've had some 30+ minute drives, so plenty of time for them to heat up.
Thanks! So to your best of your knowledge, the heatsinks touch the rubber cap?

Etyrnus

Just pulled one to check. No melting of the rubber, nothing seems out of place on the heat sink.

Attachments

Just pulled one to check. No melting of the rubber, nothing seems out of place on the heat sink.
Sweet! Thanks for taking the time! And you've been running them for some time now!

I've got basically the same setup, so should be good!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=658]Etyrnus[/MENTION] I suggest to check them one more time after some night driving with low beams same amount of time. The PWM would be off at that time and would be full LED power. If it would melt it would be then. They do look sweet. Glad the evil shoulder demon won!! Just checked and the price is still on sale @ $135 plus and additional 15% of code is available for anyone wanting bright LED lights. For the Canucks in the crowd there is NO duty and shipping is FREE to Canada as well.

Etyrnus

[MENTION=658]Etyrnus[/MENTION] I suggest to check them one more time after some night driving with low beams same amount of time. The PWM would be off at that time and would be full LED power. If it would melt it would be then. They do look sweet. Glad the evil shoulder demon won!! Just checked and the price is still on sale @ $135 plus and additional 15% of code is available for anyone wanting bright LED lights. For the Canucks in the crowd there is NO duty and shipping is FREE to Canada as well.
US model doesn't have the DRLs, but fortunately I just got home 5 minutes ago after driving about 40 minutes. Just took some, I'll upload in a minute.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
US model doesn't have the DRLs, but fortunately I just got home 5 minutes ago after driving about 40 minutes. Just took some, I'll upload in a minute.
Ya got myself all confused. [confuse] Though you were iLiptiKal from Waterloo Canada but...

Rubber was barely even warm to the touch after the lights were on for 40 minutes, could've just been engine heat honestly.
You sir go above and beyond.[twothumb] Now I must sit on my hands and wait and decide what is my first mod... Guess I could start a build list... hmmmm.[burnout]