Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Great Quest for Headlights

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Question guys...

Do the LED H11's from Xenon Depot require any beam adjust after install? I like what I'm seeing so far...thanks for posting!

Etyrnus

Question guys...

Do the LED H11's from Xenon Depot require any beam adjust after install? I like what I'm seeing so far...thanks for posting!
Mine haven't, but I know boostd on .org made a minor adjustment after install. They thought theirs were a little high from the factory though.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] There is nothing I see that can be adjusted on the bulb or the harness, other than the heatsink fins. Trust me I have no car to install them into so they on on my desk with the rest of the parts (yes I tried in my aveo, don't judge me) The only adjustments would then be from the factory housing angles.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] There is nothing I see that can be adjusted on the bulb or the harness, other than the heatsink fins. Trust me I have no car to install them into so they on on my desk with the rest of the parts (yes I tried in my aveo, don't judge me) The only adjustments would then be from the factory housing angles.
thanks for the clarification! I was assuming there would some kind of adjustment on the back of the factory housing if needed?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
thanks for the clarification! I was assuming there would some kind of adjustment on the back of the factory housing if needed?
Can't say other than what [MENTION=658]Etyrnus[/MENTION] did. But I could be cheeky and quote page 186-187 of the owner's manual should you wish. [poke]

Join the crowd. you know you want to. We made them sell out once. Why not a second time.

Question guys...

http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiest...6000k-led-headlights-6000k-led-foglights.html

b00std on the other forum mentions making some fine tuning adjustments after installing the H11 LEDs. Who knows if his headlights were mis adjusted from the factory, or if something changed as a result of installing the new LEDs...

After some adjustment though, the beam pattern is pretty damn impressive for a halogen housing with an LED bulb.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.fiestast.org/forum/fiest...6000k-led-headlights-6000k-led-foglights.html

b00std on the other forum mentions making some fine tuning adjustments after installing the H11 LEDs. Who knows if his headlights were mis adjusted from the factory, or if something changed as a result of installing the new LEDs...

After some adjustment though, the beam pattern is pretty damn impressive for a halogen housing with an LED bulb.

thanks for posting Tom...much appreciated! Thats a very nicely detailed review he put together....And I agree from what I can see the beam pattern is quite impressive!

thanks for posting Tom...much appreciated! Thats a very nicely detailed review he put together....And I agree from what I can see the beam pattern is quite impressive!
Definitely! I have a set arriving tomorrow. I will be sure to post up my impressions once installed.

I'll be honest, I installed mine last night, adjusted them and my beam pattern is no where near what those pictures are.

Very disappointed and not satisfied, so much that I removed everything and reinstalled my zXe bulbs. Will probably send an email to xenondepot to see what's going on

Etyrnus

I'll be honest, I installed mine last night, adjusted them and my beam pattern is no where near what those pictures are.

Very disappointed and not satisfied, so much that I removed everything and reinstalled my zXe bulbs. Will probably send an email to xenondepot to see what's going on

Was it anything like my pic on page 10? Mine are not adjusted.

Was it anything like my pic on page 10? Mine are not adjusted.
Not even, mine seems like they scattered all over the place, a lot more than the halogen I have in there atm...

I'll check with xenondepot if they can send me a new pair or something

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If anybody has fitment issues, the rubber plug gets to hot, etc, you can pick up a pair of 3" ABS plumbing rubber end caps at your local hardware store and replace the stock units with the caps and gain a fair amount of air space and clearance. I am using them behind my projector/HIDs.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
If anybody has fitment issues, the rubber plug gets to hot, etc, you can pick up a pair of 3" ABS plumbing rubber end caps at your local hardware store and replace the stock units with the caps and gain a fair amount of air space and clearance. I am using them behind my projector/HIDs.
Please post a pic Rick...I think that would be helpful for others to see....thanks!