Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Great Quest for Headlights

Nope, not to my knowledge. LED accents/DRLs, sure, but not LED bulbs/optics, which are still fairly new tech.
There are no cars on the road anywhere in the world that have led "bulbs" as oem. The only correct way for led is a purpose designed optic based around an led chip array, so far they are in a projector in most cases with some having reflectors for led high beams.

You can retrofit some versions of these if you like or just retrofit the new morimoto M-Led projectors which are actually quite good.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

XanRules

There are no cars on the road anywhere in the world that have led "bulbs" as oem. The only correct way for led is a purpose designed optic based around an led chip array, so far they are in a projector in most cases with some having reflectors for led high beams.

You can retrofit some versions of these if you like or just retrofit the new morimoto M-Led projectors which are actually quite good.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, seeing all these people cramming LEDs into halogen reflectors and saying "it's just as good!" reminds me of the HID kit craze a few years back. I don't see as many of those anymore, for whatever reason.

KKaWing

Yeah, seeing all these people cramming LEDs into halogen reflectors and saying "it's just as good!" reminds me of the HID kit craze a few years back. I don't see as many of those anymore, for whatever reason.
I'm sure stricter law enforcement has a part in that.

Oh and an update on the CSP LEDs... yeah no. I believe our reflectors is just so crap that any increase in brightness will make the hotspot all weird. My beam pattern is pretty much a sq. root sign for whatever reason. Aim the hotspot right, and it'll throw light to oncoming traffic. Aim it so it won't blind people and it turns into a fog light. The stock halogen bulbs does this too but to much less of a degree. Ah well... Overdriven filament bulbs every 2 years it is... until I find a cheap set of headlights to crack open anyways.

Edit: Yes I've been flashed with H9's too on rural 2 lanes. Maybe it's just my headlights, who knows.

KKaWing

I was bored again, and was also itching to try out the "sensors multitool" app where it uses the phone's sensor to measure lux. I tested the halogen bulbs I have in my garage with the only lightsource from the car (headlights + position/signal lights). The bulb is about 7 ft. from the wall. There's a white wash basin (laundry sink type thing) beside the driver's side hotspot so light might be reflected/concentrated. That might be why the drivers' side is brighter... that or I have weird headlights as I mentioned before. The bulbs I tested are the stock Osram bulbs that came with the car, Philips H9 used for 2 weeks, and Osram Night Breaker Unlimiteds, both brand new, and 2 years old. Not sure how accurate the sensor is, but it's all tested from the same spot and location, time stamped too!