Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wheel Spacers

I cant talk for the US Spec cars but here in the UK, 15mm spacers will make the wheels sit flush with the wheel arches. You will get better handling by fitting them but over here its more for the look of having all four wheel sitting flush with the car.

OP
R
Thread Starter #24
Nice quality but I have to add my 2 cents worth of info here from having had hundreds of wheels on dozens of cars and used spacers on race cars as well.

This would of saved you money, sorry I did not post this on the forum before.

For such thin spacers DIY or lower cost generic spacers are just fine, they do not have to fit the hub bore perfectly.

As an example. I have use 3mm spacers on the front to clear the coilovers when I run my 15x9 track wheels, I made them out of some high grade sheet aluminum I had on hand, I did not have to make them fit the hub perfectly as not needed but I made them very close as it is how I do things.

Hub centric spacers come into play when the spacer is thick enough to disengage the wheel hub from the axle hub.

There has to be enough depth where the spacer and the ring are strong enough to support the hub of the wheel.

Longer studs are almost always needed.

----------------
I did not see it mentioned, do you have hub rings for the stock hub to new wheel bore?

It is always best to get aluminum hub rings instead of plastic on a car driven very aggressively as plastic ones tend to melt.

Most wheels will need hub rings unless they are made specifically to fit the hub of the car as the load is supposed to be on the hub, not on the lugs.

My spacers were made to very close tolerance as mentioned but was more for giving the best support for the aluminum hub rings I use on my race wheels.

---------------
I could have use the cheap spacers, but I really don't like them. $50 isn't a whole heck of a lot of money. I was thinking about cutting some out of some 7075 .125 sheet i have laying around, but I was lazy.

The TR Motorsports FF10 wheels have the exact correct hub bore. No rings needed.

Anyone have wheel spacers they recommend?

I'm looking to get 15mm wheel spacers all the way around. I put an order on garageline only to find out that they are backordered for the next month. But I'm also finding a few people are having some issues with them.

Anyone else have a brand they recommend that would be in stock somewhere?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I might take you up on that:)

I am changing how I set my front camber from the strut tops to the coilover/knuckles and am test fitting spacing the wheels out far enough to clear everything, 15x9, +35mm

Right now I am using some 10mm spacers and stacking some 2mm plates but need thicker ones behind them so more like 15mm and machined to fit the wheels I run with a bigger hub bore than the ST wheels. Better to have one piece instead of three doing the job.

I already have ARP studs installed all around so good to go there.

The wider track up front will aid in reducing body roll via leverage instead of sway bar or springs which is better done right and probably bring me closer to the stock scrub radius than I have now which is a bit less than stock.

I would like them machined to take out some weight where it can be safely done.

Let me know the expected cost, delivery time, etc and if any questions, I can figure this out in the next day or two.

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have some H&R 20 and 10mm spacers that came with new studs I am not going to be able to use.

Wheel spacers

Didn't see anything about wheel spacers or if anyone used them but if so I would like to know what they look like on the car or brands that are legit or how you guys feel about them in general

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am running H&R 10mm in front and 15mm in rear.

Dave

Izzy

Sure did...it's common practice with oem wheels...not so much with aftermarket rims.

I am running 205/45 17 Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on 15 spoke Ford Racing wheels, stock size and offset. Suspension is stock (springs are, Koni yellows in the rear). Thinking of running 15mm all around but concerned about rubbing with the extra sidewall. Thoughts? Experience?

Also, if I go with the H&R, how hard is it to switch the stock studs for the longer ones? It seems fussy vs bolt-on options from other manufacturers but I can't seem to find other options for the FiST. The garageline page give me errors when I try to look for them.