Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What octane is everyone using?

What octane is everyone using?

• 87 Octane

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • 89 Octane

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 91 Octane

Votes: 176 34.3%
  • +93 Octane

Votes: 299 58.3%

• Total voters

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
$3.71 93 Oct per gallon in NJ with 91 Cobb AP tune...Me FiST asks to be driven hard!

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Cost factor wise for me it's not worth the savings since I don't drive it that much. Figured an average commuter can save about $1.50-2.00 per fill-up per week by going to reg. unleaded. At the end of year you save about $75-$100.

STooge

Cost factor wise for me it's not worth the savings since I don't drive it that much. Figured an average commuter can save about $1.50-2.00 per fill-up per week by going to reg. unleaded. At the end of year you save about $75-$100.
Well said

me32

1000 Post Club
I live in CA so I run 91. I pick up 2 MPG over 87 on my ST. I AVG 32-33MPG on my ST on 91 vs 29-30MPG on 87

4 people are using 87 octane in their STs?!?!?! Is this a joke?! Why the hell would you buy a performance turbo car if you are just going to rob it of its benefits by choosing a low-grade piss octane!

the duke

No matter where you are, get the highest you can.

with that said, I run 93.

On my Subaru I was running a Cobb 91 map but I still preferred 93.

I stick with the 93. I wouldn't think constantly switching octane ratings can very good for for her. Besides. 87 vs 93 octane is what, maybe $3 more per fill up?
93 for sure. My local stations sell either 93 or 92...not sure why 92 but whatever...I avoid them. Also have an old "76" that sells 94 but I haven't tried them yet...can't imagine the difference is that much. People always look at me like "why is he spending all that money on 93?" all the time but you are correct. The 2 to 4 dollar difference doesn't mean squat in reality. That's less than my pack of smokes and just slightly more than the morning Red Bulls. Twice a month is nothing to cry about.

My Fist was filled up with 87 when I picked it up. That's the last tank it'll see of 87. I've been using 93 octane since and will continue to use nothing but 93.

The lowest available in the UK is 95 and 97/98 and even 99 Are readily available from most outlets, that said even the lowest costs just over twice the price of your unleaded/regular.

When took delivery of my FiST, my dealer filled the tank with 91 octane. Since then, I have been running 93 octane straight gasoline...no alcohol. I fill up at my fuel distributor who supplies my business with diesel and smaller quantities of gasoline. My supplier told me that Shell Oil used to provide his alcohol free gasoline, but stopped supplying it last year, so he had to change suppliers. So, when traveling outside my area, any refueling typically requires using alcohol blended premium. Yes...I can tell the difference...especially when hot-starting. Anybody else see a difference in using alcohol free premium?

Wish I had more than 91 out here :/
So what about like Arizona, Colorado, Kansas or Texas? Do they have 93 available? Not that your close to any of but at least knowing would be good. Also do you or anyone else know what does using
91, 89 (My local middle grade) or 87 actually do to our cars? For example does it lower the boost adjust the timing etc, compared to using 93. I'm just curious.

Run Methanol injection and it'll boost the octane level to over 100.....102 I think.

Before I bought mine Saturday, I looked on the fuel door and everywhere else and nowhere did I find premium required or recommended. The salesman said it was designed to run on 87. Then I came here and saw Ford's advertised numbers were achieved with 93 octane. That kind of sucks and I bet money it gets much worse mpg on 87 octane. I'll try both, they filled it with 87 and that's what's still in it. I may run mid-grade if there's any gain there but I definitely didn't buy it to run 93 octane. Who knows, the gas mileage may justify the difference.