Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What octane is everyone using?

What octane is everyone using?

• 87 Octane

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • 89 Octane

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 91 Octane

Votes: 176 34.3%
  • +93 Octane

Votes: 299 58.3%

• Total voters
That's exactly it, I states above I use 93 in mine BUT the manual technically states 87 is acceptable I was surprised to hear 87 was acceptable and it was insane. Now If you want to insult TRY READING it would help your ignorant argument since I stated the same thing you had in different terms.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Agreed, it's hard for people to know you're joking from the words they are reading. While the post may be lighthearted it can be interpreted the wrong way. So please just keep things friendly, everyone is here to learn and share ideas amongst friends.[lovest]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I use something called "ultra-low sulfer". It really helps the direct injection stay lubed and working correctly. Its the nozzle with the big outlet at the gas station, so it makes a bit of a mess.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I use something called "ultra-low sulfer". It really helps the direct injection stay lubed and working correctly. Its the nozzle with the big outlet at the gas station, so it makes a bit of a mess.
I see what you did there, a funnel might help....lol

I drive for work, put 3500 miles on the car in a month and they don't give me a gas card. So needless to say I run 87. I'll only use Chevron gasoline though or Exxon in a pinch. The rest are garbage as far as I'm concerned. My first car was an 82 Camaro and I only ran Chevron (with Techron!, it was new at the time). I had to swap the camshaft in it due to a flat lobe. Pulled the intake manifold off the car and it was perfect. Sold me on their gasoline since then.

Sorta. It'll be claimed on taxes. We get a $500 a month car allowance which pays my note. Going to refinance in a few months and hopefully it will cover the note and insurance.

Not sure if there is a difference in how they rate fuel here in Australia, but we run 98 octane. only just got the car so haven't pushed it hard yet.

Wow, you lucky guys. How much per liter/litre though? Unfortunately in here in Texas there is 10% ethanol in gas so it's not a true 87/89/93 octane any longer.

I drive for work, put 3500 miles on the car in a month and they don't give me a gas card. So needless to say I run 87. I'll only use Chevron gasoline though or Exxon in a pinch. The rest are garbage as far as I'm concerned. My first car was an 82 Camaro and I only ran Chevron (with Techron!, it was new at the time). I had to swap the camshaft in it due to a flat lobe. Pulled the intake manifold off the car and it was perfect. Sold me on their gasoline since then.
I've put 10,428 in 3.5 months just driving everywhere. Lol. I bought it so I could enjoy it. And I put 91. I do commute to work tho. 60 miles round trip either 4-5 days a week. And I drive EVERYWHERE on my time off lol

If I were doing 60 miles round trip I'd run 93 but last week I filled up in the morning and had 53 DTE when I got home. So IMHO it's not worth it to me. I might lose a few ponies but the computer is smart enough to keep the engine from knocking.

Really? Learn something new every day. I thought they added the ethanol to bump the octane. Thanks for clearing that up.

C. love

I switch between the two (87 &91) alot. If the spread in price is a few cents I go 91. In wyoming this last weekend at a few stations it was about .60 a gallon more for 91 so I went 87. I also change fuels depending on what Im doing. Mundane interstate 87. Driving on some twisties 91. Reality is I probably have a mix of the two at anyone time so Im never all the way at 87 or all the way at 91.

If my car had other items (IE not stock) to warrant using 91 I would probably use it all the time

Ya I drive a lot too, and definitely didn't expect to buy this car and think it's going to perform the same way on 87 as the higher grades. Mine has still only seen one tank of 87 when I left the dealer with it. I know it'll run on 87, but I want the same hard pull every time, without the thought of something possibly going wrong.

Wow, you lucky guys. How much per liter/litre though? Unfortunately in here in Texas there is 10% ethanol in gas so it's not a true 87/89/93 octane any longer.
Price is about $ 1.63 a litre Aus at the moment

Sorta. It'll be claimed on taxes. We get a $500 a month car allowance which pays my note. Going to refinance in a few months and hopefully it will cover the note and insurance.
Haven't had to do it for taxes myself, luckily my job pays the standard IRS mileage rate of 56 cents a mile. Which if i'm driving conservatively to and from my job comes out to 17.92 a gallon. As long as I can keep my foot out of it, I end up making money by driving to work. Which at 135 miles per round trip each day, is 75.60 a day in reimbursment. Which is to say, yeah 93 all day in my car. Although even with the extended warranty, it'll probably be up before i'm done with this job lol.