Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What octane is everyone using?

What octane is everyone using?

• 87 Octane

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • 89 Octane

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 91 Octane

Votes: 176 34.3%
  • +93 Octane

Votes: 299 58.3%

• Total voters

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Razor, giving enough miles on consistent fuel, and climate, would the fiesta self tune its self to 98% maximum power timing wise ? Or would it always just run that max of 6*?

Just wondering... It is very cool

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Razor, giving enough miles on consistent fuel, and climate, would the fiesta self tune its self to 98% maximum power timing wise ? Or would it always just run that max of 6*?

Just wondering... It is very cool
6* is the max in the stock programming and COBB OTS programming. There is also a base, floor and ceiling in the ignition timing strategy. You can log these to see where the ECU is running in relation to these.

The dynamic timing is very much real-time. The OAR system is more a learning system and directly rates to how the ECU applies adaptive dynamic tuning learned over time.

my local filling station sells 99 so that's what goes in every time, I cant tell you if its any better as I never used anything else?

For those in the mid-west USA stuck with 91 octane piss-water, I can tell you for sure that the "NOS" brand octane booster works very well to reduce the negative timing corrections. It is technically not legal for "street" use however.

I am tuned from Panda Motor works for 91 and 98 octane. I use Torco to boost octane. It works really well, and the difference between the two is huge.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
For those in the mid-west USA stuck with 91 octane piss-water, I can tell you for sure that the "NOS" brand octane booster works very well to reduce the negative timing corrections. It is technically not legal for "street" use however.
Which version of the "NOS" brand are you using? Silver, black or blue bottle?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I wish we could get 93 here.
From 91 the jump is 100 at more than triple the price.

Dave

I was using Esso 91 or 93 where I could get it to use up my gas card that I got as a bonus with my purchase. Now I only fill on Ultra 94 from Petro-Canada.

Cost factor wise for me it's not worth the savings since I don't drive it that much. Figured an average commuter can save about $1.50-2.00 per fill-up per week by going to reg. unleaded. At the end of year you save about $75-$100.
At current prices the difference in my area is around .70 cents a gallon. That's approx 8 dollars a fill up ( 11 gallons plus each fill up). I drive a lot so I fill up 2 to 3 times a week. Bought my car June 14 and already have 19,000 miles. End of the year we're talking over $1,000 saved by running 87. I will start running 93 when I get a tune.