Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What octane is everyone using?

What octane is everyone using?

• 87 Octane

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • 89 Octane

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 91 Octane

Votes: 176 34.3%
  • +93 Octane

Votes: 299 58.3%

• Total voters
in las vegas, so the best we get here is 91 :(
we do have a couple rebel stations in town with 100 octane so i could always mix to get up to 93. but for now i am stock and running on 91

JasonHaven

First few fill ups were at 87, since I wasn't doing anything too hard with the motor during break in. Put in 93 with the last fill up, if I don't feel any difference, or see a huge mpg difference, I'll likely go with 87 most of the time, as it's $0.80/gal cheaper.

I've only had Bender for a week, and I filled up with 91. I haven't seen 93 octane yet near Long Beach, CA. I may fill up with 87 octane next tank to see if there's a difference in mileage.

Reporting in from Milton Ontario..

For research purposes I tried 3 different types of fuel.

87 Octane from Petro Canada - This fuel is garbage for the ST. you can literally watch your fuel gauge drop as you drive and the idle is weird

Ultra 94 from Petro Canada- Not a bad fuel at all. Fuel Economy is not bad but not that good either. I got about 6 days out of this tank and it was about 80KM per day while using this one.

V-Power Nitro plus from Shell- This was the best gas I have used so far. I got 11 days out of my tank and was commuting daily. Idle was smooth and quiet and the engine performance felt better overall no matter what speed I was going.

me32

1000 Post Club

87 Octane from Petro Canada - This fuel is garbage for the ST. you can literally watch your fuel gauge drop as you drive and the idle is weird

Ultra 94 from Petro Canada- Not a bad fuel at all. Fuel Economy is not bad but not that good either. I got about 6 days out of this tank and it was about 80KM per day while using this one.

V-Power Nitro plus from Shell- This was the best gas I have used so far. I got 11 days out of my tank and was commuting daily. Idle was smooth and quiet and the engine performance felt better overall no matter what speed I was going.
Good info provided

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

Want to add Shell Vpower Nitro is 0% ethanol 91 octane. Everything else has up to 15% ethanol. Last tidbit the nitro until mid september 2015 in Canada has 20x airmiles.

Yes, Apologies for not adding that Shell V Power Nitro is only 91 Octane. and Yes the Airmiles deal rocks if you are a frequent travel person.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
If you're in the U.S., I'm sure Nitro+ comes in 93. It does everywhere around me in Illinois.