Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What octane is everyone using?

What octane is everyone using?

• 87 Octane

Votes: 31 6.0%
  • 89 Octane

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 91 Octane

Votes: 176 34.3%
  • +93 Octane

Votes: 299 58.3%

• Total voters

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Since our cars have premium as a recommendation I was curious what octane everyone is using.

91 is the max I can get where I am.

mYsTiCfAc3, If I am not mistaken, Montreal is the only place in the province where you can get 94 right? I'd love to try it once and see the difference.

I stick with the 93. I wouldn't think constantly switching octane ratings can very good for for her. Besides. 87 vs 93 octane is what, maybe $3 more per fill up?

91 is the max I can get where I am.

mYsTiCfAc3, If I am not mistaken, Montreal is the only place in the province where you can get 94 right? I'd love to try it once and see the difference.
Well i dobt think so... I went ottawa a few weeks back and there where some and usually when i drive to alma im able to fill up with 94 but im not totally sure

I use 91 because that's what my local gas station has. I could get some 94 but that's too high since someone mentioned 93 is what it is tuned for. Also I don't want to waste time blending my own 91 with 94 to create 93 so 91 it is and I may treat her to 94 once a month. It baffles me how Ford tunes the car for 93 but you can't find it anywhere in Canada. LOL

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
93 or at a minimum Premium for me.

STooge

91 here. That is the highest i can get easily and daily. To my knowledge there are no Gas stations that sell higher.

R4D4R

I use 91 because that's what my local gas station has. I could get some 94 but that's too high since someone mentioned 93 is what it is tuned for. Also I don't want to waste time blending my own 91 with 94 to create 93 so 91 it is and I may treat her to 94 once a month. It baffles me how Ford tunes the car for 93 but you can't find it anywhere in Canada. LOL
The cars are designed to run on everything from 87 and up as long as it's unleaded (98+ octane fuel occasionally is leaded).

Octane's job is essentially to not let the fuel/air mixture explode until the spark plug ignites it (as opposed to pre-ignition due to compression). A higher octane rating, providing it doesn't have lead in it, will not harm the engine.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

93 always for me... its still cheaper than filling up my wrx. Ive been buying only premium for 3 or so years now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Perry

I'll put in 93/94 if/when able, but 91 will be the usual fill due simply to availability.

On a side note, any of you guys ever use octane-boosting additives, such as STP, AMSOIL, etc.?

TheStig

87 currently. Ford says it takes 87, im not gonna spend extra cash on 91 when it doesn't have enough knock to warrant the extra octane.

To my knowledge nearly no stations in AZ have 93 octane anyways. Once I get my AP ill run the 91 map.