Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

Which Fiesta ST Intercooler did you choose?

• Mountune

Votes: 67 11.5%
  • PERON

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Airtec

Votes: 19 3.2%
  • ATP

Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Cobb Tuning

Votes: 74 12.6%
  • Forge Motorsport

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Levels Performance

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mishimoto J-Line

Votes: 32 5.5%
  • R-Sport

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Deadhook Motorsports

Votes: 47 8.0%
  • Depo Racing

Votes: 102 17.4%
  • Mishimoto (Direct Fit)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 27 4.6%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 40 6.8%
  • MTC

Votes: 15 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 109 18.6%

• Total voters

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
He is quite a distance from the border, we talked about this yesterday as I have shipped hundreds of packages to Canada.

I just checked and priority mail to his area is around $90 for a J-Line IC which is much heavier just because I was on the site. USPS is generally faster, cheaper, less duty quite often, finding a used part instead of buying from a company can help in that department even more...

I went back and added more to the box size and reduced the weight a bit to be more like the Cobb would ship at, estimated numbers of course, the cost would be around $71, both figures are less when doing this on the USPS website.

I always recommend checking shipping rates and asking for the lowest one available. Companies that are willing to take care of you by shipping the lowest cost way though not their normal way have your interest at heart and are the kind of companies I prefer to support. Some companies do have limitations on such things do to staffing, volume, etc but bigger companies get bigger discounts as well so often times they are already quoting the best they can get.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I sold my Cyborg and J-Line today and ordered a EFR turbo and ordering a Cobb IC in a bit. The J'Line is a very good IC and the biggest reasonable to install option but I just have to take weight off the nose of the car and the Cobb wins in size, end tank design, airflow across the core, etc.....and with a Military discount helping the price, I had to go there.

anyone using the Mishimoto J-Line? probs going to be my next buy. how do you like it? and do you need a tune to use a intercooler?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am about to order my 4th IC
#1 Godspeed Ebay, cheap but a nice IC, installed, test ran
#2 Mishimoto J-Line, dang nice for the money, track day and street use, works very very well
#3 Cobb, never out of the box, the best direct fit IC for our cars, bought it to save some weight on the front of the car but.....
#4 Ordering a custom setup to install next, will disclose when authorized to, not up to me

Addicted to mods, who me???? 2, miles, 4th IC coming soon, one never installed.....:)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup took care of that with Russ very early this week . now just waiting till the parts are done and it goes there for a install and a few other things .. Besides the Intercooler

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cool, looks like we will have pretty similar setups then, EFR, etc......:)

I am going to tackle the turbo to manifold adapter and DP soon if you still need a solution I might be able to help you out.

I just hope I can get the turbo out far enough and have a good design on the adapter, if not then will have to build a manifold.